Hitler Fashion Statements Confuse, Offend Tourists In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the people who wear these shirts don't even know what Judaism is. But then why is it causing so much offence when it's not supposed to be anti-Semitic at all? I think CNN and all these other news agencies should stop wasting their time on useless news stories like this and help expose the corruption, incompetence and show the people what their government is actually doing. What happened to actual investigative journalism?

Its neo-Nazi junk and you have been caught peddling it. Wriggle all you want. Looks like those 'innocent' Thais have another player on the team rosta.

You seem to be trying to prove that with a seemingly Neo-Nazi blog. I don't have time to read all the garbage on that site though. I really don't know what game you're trying to play but I don't like it. It's fine if you don't accept any evidence that Hitler had Jewish ancestry. I think it is interesting to know either way. If you're serious, perhaps use a more CREDIBLE source to prove there is no evidence of Hitler's Jewish ancestry. That weird link you supplied is scandalously absurd. It doesn't change history whether Hitler had Jewish roots or not, but considering what he did do in his life, it is certainly interesting to a lot of people, including a lot of Jews. It would also be interesting to know what Hitler knew or didn't know about his Jewish roots (if he had them).
Threads like this one always bring out the conspiracy theorists, obsessives, fruitcakes, closet neo-Nazis and all the other nutters with rubbish theories they are just dying to tell the world. You have made it abundantly clear what your obsessions are. Those Thais in their uniforms are streets behind. At playing the innocent that is.

Threads like this one always bring out the conspiracy theorists, obsessives, fruitcakes, closet neo-Nazis and all the other nutters with rubbish theories they are just dying to tell the world. You have made it abundantly clear what your obsessions are. Those Thais in their uniforms are streets behind. At playing the innocent that is.

w00t.gif I think you just called me a Neo-Nazi. w00t.gif I suppose I should just laugh. w00t.gif Just too ridiculous. cheesy.gif

I am not rejecting the idea that genetic study was a hoax though but I'd like to see a credible source, not a crackpot Aryan-obsessed website that refers to gay people as sodomites, OK?

Edited by Jingthing

I don't get it.

McDonald's I am sure would have a word to say about that film.

My question was it a one day affair? Or was it a set up?

Or perhaps it was ligitament. Who knows. For sure the kids don't even know who or what Hitler is much less what he did..

Do you not get out much. In Bangkok particularly it quite a regular occurance at shopping malls (Terminal 21 in particular) and a majority of the markets around the city. Also the young urban culture of vespa riders in particular think they make a good flag on the back of their bikes, much in the same fashion the mods did back in the day ( although they sported the british mod sign). I generally think that they are not aware of its meaning. Considering in all they are flat out knowing their own history.

I don't get it.

McDonald's I am sure would have a word to say about that film.

My question was it a one day affair? Or was it a set up?

Or perhaps it was ligitament. Who knows. For sure the kids don't even know who or what Hitler is much less what he did..

Do you not get out much. In Bangkok particularly it quite a regular occurance at shopping malls (Terminal 21 in particular) and a majority of the markets around the city. Also the young urban culture of vespa riders in particular think they make a good flag on the back of their bikes, much in the same fashion the mods did back in the day ( although they sported the british mod sign).

British mods used the RAF roundel.

Thailand is so increadable,I enjoy the freedom from the wests giant propaganda machine. Purchased a T shirt with the face of Osama bin Laden.You can't buy that at home.

Reading these posts just shows how ingrained your thought patterns are programned by western indoctrination. Nice to know that Thais are free.

I think you are confusing free with "uneducated"

Yesterday night I saw an enormous swastika graffiti with a zombie Hitler on a van in Bangkok. Extremely bizarre.

He's and the nazi's are a caricatutre, nothing more. It might as well have been a hello kitty graffiti. It looks cool for now, until something else comes along. To say he is being celebrated, like many of the perpetual moaners are, is just ridiculous.

I bet if there was a bar in soi cowboy with girls dressed in nazi uniforms, it would be full of farlangs with their tongues sticking out

Ain't that the truth....

I think what we have here is a demonstration of predjudice against sex tourists rather than any past or likely future behaviour of Thai university students or Thai people in general and says more about the poster than the problem of Hitler fashion in general.

Yesterday night I saw an enormous swastika graffiti with a zombie Hitler on a van in Bangkok. Extremely bizarre.

He's and the nazi's are a caricatutre, nothing more. It might as well have been a hello kitty graffiti. It looks cool for now, until something else comes along. To say he is being celebrated, like many of the perpetual moaners are, is just ridiculous.

If the images were zombies on a van I don't think many would complain. But that's not the case is it?

post-73727-0-35643700-1363048984_thumb.j

I bet if there was a bar in soi cowboy with girls dressed in nazi uniforms, it would be full of farlangs with their tongues sticking out

Ain't that the truth....

I think what we have here is a demonstration of predjudice against sex tourists rather than any past or likely future behaviour of Thai university students or Thai people in general and says more about the poster than the problem of Hitler fashion in general.

No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites.

Ain't that the truth....

No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites.

Well I'll admit you completely lost me there. What does Hitler have to do with sex tourists and hypocrites?

If the images were zombies on a van I don't think many would complain. But that's not the case is it?

It is a photo which says 'Hitler isn't dead'.

Yep, so what. Clearly he is, and I think the consensus is most readers of the sign will be saying 'who the heck is that bloke'? I doubt they are going to be joining any ayran nation clubs, for obvious reasons.

But until I see more context to it, it is very hard to comment. What is clear however that people who are offended by these photo's think that there is some sort of massive racist conspiracy brewing here against them. That is the most telling thing for me.

Edited by samran

Well I'll admit you completely lost me there. What does Hitler have to do with sex tourists and hypocrites?

Can't help it if can't keep up CMK.

Just can't help yourself from that ad Hominem can you?

Try again. You wrote, "No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites." What does that have to do with Hitler Fashion?

post-73727-0-91564600-1363050281_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Try again. You wrote, "No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites." What does that have to do with Hitler Fashion?

I must admit, I do like my bon mots.

Again however, do try and keep up. These discussions things are active places where topics and subject move on.

Yep, so what. Clearly he is, and I think the consensus is most readers of the sign will be saying 'who the heck is that bloke'? I doubt they are going to be joining any ayran nation clubs, for obvious reasons.

But until I see more context to it, it is very hard to comment. What is clear however that people who are offended by these photo's think that there is some sort of massive racist conspiracy brewing here against them. That is the most telling thing for me.

How do you know that people think there is some sort of massive racist conspiracy brewing? I don't think that. I find photo's and reenactments of Hitler and Nazi parades offensive.

I must admit, I do like my bon mots.

Again however, do try and keep up. These discussions things are active places where topics and subject move on.

I don't attack you and I don't expect to be personally attacked. The question was You wrote, "No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites." What does that have to do with Hitler Fashion?

How do you know that people think there is some sort of massive racist conspiracy brewing? I don't think that. I find photo's and reenactments of Hitler and Nazi parades offensive.

That's nice.

I just find them misguided, and as the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy says "Mostly Harmless". If the intent was different, my reaction would be different.

I guess you are now going to ask what has Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has to do with Nazi's.....?

I don't attack you and I don't expect to be personally attacked. The question was You wrote, "No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites." What does that have to do with Hitler Fashion?

I'm not attacking you.

The argument is fairly self evident. I'm not going to spell it out for you again however. So if you can't keep up, or just have an inability to comprehend it, then so be it.

I'm not attacking you.

The argument is fairly self evident. I'm not going to spell it out for you again however. So if you can't keep up, or just have an inability to comprehend it, then so be it.

First poster said, "I bet if there was a bar in soi cowboy with girls dressed in nazi uniforms, it would be full of farlangs with their tongues sticking out."

You said, "Ain't that the truth...."

I said, "I think what we have here is a demonstration of predjudice against sex tourists rather than any past or likely future behaviour of Thai university students or Thai people in general and says more about the poster than the problem of Hitler fashion in general."

You said, "No predjudice against sex tourists. Just hypocrites."

I said, "Well I'll admit you completely lost me there. What does Hitler have to do with sex tourists and hypocrites?"

The question is still open.

That's nice.

I just find them misguided, and as the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy says "Mostly Harmless". If the intent was different, my reaction would be different.

I guess you are now going to ask what has Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has to do with Nazi's.....?

As a father I have on numerous occasions had to tell my 12 year old daughters that what they thought was appropriate attire was not. If the Thais choose to act like 12 year olds and dress up like a mass murderer an adult should tell them it is not appropriate. Considering the problem is mostly sport days at schools this would not be difficult as it falls within the parameters of school teachers to advise the students on attire.

sushi5734, on 11 Mar 2013 - 15:56, said:

Does seem bizarre that Thais seem to look up to Adolf Hitler when it's fairly likely, he would have probably sent them to the gas chamber given half the chance. I've been into several rich Thai households with large portraits of the fuehrer hanging pride of place in the living room...I just don't get it =[yes strange, my neighbor put the german flag with swastica out, together with the Thai flag and the yellow one.

And he is a studied person....strange....

"sent them to the gas chamber" is a bit exaggerated. He thought the Germans are superior but he had no problems with Japanese, Tibet, North Indian, Croatians were Arian....He actually used the racism for populism, but everyone who supported him was immediately a good race. Russian and Serbian: Bad Slavic. Ukraine, Croatian good one. If Thais would have helped him, he would quickly find out that they are in fact a lost German tribe :-))))

I think even he would have found it a stretch to find the racial superiority in the mish mash of Thai genetics.

The Japanese did horrendous things in the Philippines and China, which if the Thais had resisted more, would no doubt have happened here. Thais are ethnically Chinese not since Aryan master race.

Not that Thailand has ever been occupied of course =P

I was working in a relatively hi-so language school a few years back and some lad wandered in for his lesson with a red t-shirt with a large white circle and a Nazi swastika right in the middle. I was shocked to hear some of my younger fellow teachers also say it was a Buddhist symbol. But it wasn't - the Buddhist points counterclockwise while the Third Reich's is clockwise. And really, you have to be in a state of denial and ignorance not to know the difference.

By the way, another teacher who had served in the Israeli Defense Force had a long steely eyed talk with the parents who, bless their hearts, understood and had the boy turn it inside out. Hope springs eternal!

Again

Is there a requirement for a Hitler/Nazi/Swastika thread every few weeks?

Is this 'news' - from 'daily buzz on twitter'

That video a year old, does it add anything to this forum?

How about:

Bangkok's 'Hitler Chic' Trend Riles Tourists, Israeli Envoy

and just a few weeks ago

Whats Up With The Locals Admiration For Hitler?!

My suggestion: close it, same posters with same posts . . .

Well, WHO CARES if that idiot Nazis face is portrayed STUPIDLY and foolishly in a humpourous way making a total fool of HILTER? I have seen these things and I joke. Are we all too serious? IT WAS NOT ONLY HITLER who perpetrated attrocities. Making him look like a fool is better than making him look like a KNOWLEDGABLE HERO

• Like 1

Again

How about:

and just a few weeks ago

Well, WHO CARES if that idiot Nazis face is portrayed STUPIDLY and foolishly in a humpourous way making a total fool of HILTER? I have seen these things and I joke. Are we all too serious? IT WAS NOT ONLY HITLER who perpetrated attrocities. Making him look like a fool is better than making him look like a KNOWLEDGABLE HERO

What is stupid or foolish about this billboard?

post-73727-0-79847100-1363070146_thumb.j

Again

How about:

and just a few weeks ago

What is stupid or foolish about this billboard?

Absolutely nothing. The stupidity and foolisness is on the person/persons responsible for the billboard. What baffles me is why anyone would spend money to erect it in Thailand.