Change From Tr To Non O-A Within Thailand

I have done some searching on this subject, but so far couldn't see a definite clear answer on this.

If someone can either post a link to a previous post or reply to this, I'd be grateful.

Can I change a TR (tourist) visa to a Non O-A (retirement) visa without leaving Thailand - what is involved: cost & paperwork wise?

Regarding showing savings in a Thai bank account - I take it the requirement is still 800,000 Baht - for how long does it need to be in the bank before the first application and is it the same length of time before each annual extension?

I'll need to deal with Udon Thani Immig office.

Any more details or info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

No you can not as such visas are not issued inside Thailand.

What you can do is convert from tourist visa with 15 days or more remaining to non immigrant visa entry of 90 days for fee of 2,000 baht and financial proof of meeting retirement conditions/age. You can then during the last 30 days of that new visa entry extend your stay for one year in the TM.7 process for retirement at fee of 1,900 baht. They used to allow this in one visit if financial did not require seasoning but now policy seems to be come back after 60 days at most places - so you will need to obtain financial proof two times. You will need passport/copies/departure card covy/photos and some proof of where you live at most locations for both actions.

The requirement if only using bank deposit is 60 days first application and 3 months in later years and is 800k.

If local office can not do the entry conversion it can be done in Bangkok and then the actual extension done at local office.

No you can not as such visas are not issued inside Thailand.

What you can do is convert from tourist visa with 15 days or more remaining to non immigrant visa entry of 90 days for fee of 2,000 baht and financial proof of meeting retirement conditions/age. You can then during the last 30 days of that new visa entry extend your stay for one year in the TM.7 process for retirement at fee of 1,900 baht. They used to allow this in one visit if financial did not require seasoning but now policy seems to be come back after 60 days at most places - so you will need to obtain financial proof two times. You will need passport/copies/departure card covy/photos and some proof of where you live at most locations for both actions.

The requirement if only using bank deposit is 60 days first application and 3 months in later years and is 800k.

If local office can not do the entry conversion it can be done in Bangkok and then the actual extension done at local office.

Phuket Imigration will do this in one visit and with one financial statement. ( as long you fulfill the financial requirements for the one year extension )