MrZM

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr T.

Tel: 038 720318

Mobile: 0812587716 (0813513612)

Email: [email protected]

How do you pay the likes of Mr T given the huge amount of police activity and fining of private car owners for carrying passengers? If stopped by the police do I lie like and say the driver is my best friend who is taking me for free (yea, right) or what? I don't care who takes me to where I'm going so long as the driver is in a reasonable car and doesn't drive like Michael Shumacher with a phone glued to his ear.

I use a private taxi service every 2 weeks or more to the airport and never have problems they drop me off out front of door 1 in the view of airport police etc and pick me up outside door 3 and never any problems. even at the toll gates when the police are standing there to collect tea money again never stopped in more than 3 years.

Mr T.

Tel: 038 720318

Mobile: 0812587716 (0813513612)

Email: [email protected]

How do you pay the likes of Mr T given the huge amount of police activity and fining of private car owners for carrying passengers? If stopped by the police do I lie like and say the driver is my best friend who is taking me for free (yea, right) or what? I don't care who takes me to where I'm going so long as the driver is in a reasonable car and doesn't drive like Michael Shumacher with a phone glued to his ear.

Mate I've used him numerous times and have never had a problem. Mr t does not drive himself but has contract drivers who use cars owned by Mr T, if the guy is a cowboy and driving too fast just tell him to slow down its always worked for me.

If you do have a problem talk to Mr T direct, explain the problem and he'll take care of it. The last thing he wants is to have unhappy customers and lose business.

In regards to your 1st and 2nd sentence, I've never been pulled over by the BIB. If the guy is driving too fast then he cops the fine.

I have used Mr. Taxi both for myself and various friends over one dozen times in recent months and I have used his service for some years. Never once a problem and the price is very reasonable.

The amount of people who rave about an illegal taxi operator amazes me...

These are people who don't have insurance cover for emergency treatment should you find yourself in a mangled wreck on highway 7 on the way to Pattaya.

These are people who your travel insurance company DO NOT consider to be public transport, should you ever wish to make a claim.

And worst of all, these may actually be people who DO NOT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENCE.

If ithe car is not a taxi meter or does not have number plates with a green backround... they are private vehicles, just like your car back home.

• 4 months later...

this website has a lady driver and courteous and proficient drivers on all routes.

Yeah right... if you want to be ripped off and pay 2'000 Baht for BKK to Pattaya...

I happily pay 3,000 for AOT limo every time I come into BKK, there is no messing around trying to find the driver, the drivers are ok, the cars are in good condition & they have full insurance!

So, if I telephone a TAXI, and someone comes to pick me up, am I supposed to check his license plate? Do all REAL taxis have insurance? I am guessing that there is no way we can know if this taxi and driver are insured, so the private taxi is just about as good. Are all the baht bus drivers insured? Are all the local bus drivers insured? I doubt it, since they quite often do a run, after an accident.

Has anyone been in a private taxi, when the police stop them? Has anyone had to pay?

I've used Mr T with no problems before.

However I've also been in a taxi in Bangkok when I realised after half a kilometre the driver was high on yaba.

Shit myself was an understatement he didn't see massive potholes just drove through them and it took me about another ten minutes to get the crackhead to stop the taxi. There are some really bad taxi drivers there should be a system where they get tested for dring and drugs in the system before they sign on for the shift.

Been using him for over a year as I am on a 28/28 rota coming and going all the time. Never had a problem. This last time I had guy driving too fast I just said Kaw Thod, Sha sha nah Krap and became the most calm considerate cautious driver I have ever travelled with....

any one remember Reginald Mohusband and his reverse parking ???

As for Insurance in Thailand.....???

Used Mr. T many times during my latest holidays, but this time I got enough of this company.

Friend of me (first time to Thailand) needed taxi from airport to Pattaya. I phoned Mr. T two days ahead, gave flight number, company and told him clearly where to drive my friend (as my friend have no clue about locations in Pattaya). I also told them to phone my wife if the driver was unsure.

His flight was suppose to arrive 07:00. In the morning I checked internet and noticed his flight had a 40min delay. But 08:00 the driver phone my wife. We a angry tone he ask where my friend is and told my wife he lose money while waiting.

We told the driver to check the flight info in front of his nose at Gate 3, and told him to check the flight number we already had given.

08:30 taxi driver phone again. He said he could not wait more now, this took too long time, he said.

Less than 50 minutes after the plane arrived, he could not wait more?

I phoned my friend, asked if all was fine. Yes, he just got his suitcase and walked to Gate 3 now.

Airplane arrived 07:40 (as showed at the info screen at airport). My friend didn't do anything else after leaving airplane, just the normal pass control, walking and waiting at luggage. That takes about an hour at this airport!

My friend found the driver, but about two hours later my friend phone me, asking if I could speak with the driver and ask him if he had any clue where he was driving. So I did, and the driver had no clue where my friends location wasfacepalm.gif

Finally when my mate and driver arrived at my place, I was told he drove like an idiot. I still wanted to give the driver few hundred in tips for the 40 minute delay, but he was so damn angry I just gave him the agreed 1000baht and told him to get the hell away from here.

Few days later we had a trip to Bangkok. I decided to give Mr. T company a new chance. Taxi booked 10am from my apartment the next day.

10:20 I phoned the company, asking where my driver was. In a few minutes I was told.

10:35 I phoned again. This time they was not sure, and had to check.

10:45 I phoned again. Now I was told the driver didn't show up (as I didn't notice that...), but they would call for a new driver.

The new driver showed up, of course it took time for him to drive from his location to our. 11:15 he came, 1 hour and 15 minutes after agreed time!

Nobody mentioned discount for the waiting. I did plan to give half of what we agreed, as I now was pissed off by this company. But I remembered this driver, had him much during my last stay, and he is good and clearly not his fault.

This driver also understood who my friend had from airport to Pattaya, and didn't have much positive to say about that driver or Mr T himself.

Conclusion: I need a new taxi company!

Used Mr. T many times during my latest holidays, but this time I got enough of this company.

. . .

Not exemplary service, to be sure. However, as usual, you have to consider you're in the Third World here. You always have to take into account the Thai factor. Changing companies won't cure the problem. You will never know, you see.

Hence when you book you have to take into account the possibilities of delays yourself. So at the airport, plan for the pickup at least 1 1/2 hours, maybe 2 after landing. Similarly, allow an extra hour for getting to the airport.

You also have to email in advance the directions to the Pattaya location. Include a map if possible. If you don't speak Thai, it's good to have them written out in Thai so that you can give them to the driver at the airport.

Then you need to confirm the booking at least the day before the pickup. If you've leaving Pattaya, confirmation the night before or, say, 4 hours before is advisable. It may be helpful but not necessary to get a Thai speaker to do the confirmation.

Small tip: when the driver shows up, if he forgets to confirm your name, be sure to ask whether he's in fact from Mr. T. Once at 4 AM another driver showed up at my building exactly on time (w/ a much better car than Mr T's usual, nice), and it took us a few kilometers to determine he was actually from a different company sent to pick up a different passenger. Who woulda thought? Fortunately, Mr. T was a little late smile.png so we got back in time to correct the mix up.

I like Mr. T just fine and will continue using him, advisedly.

Friend of me (first time to Thailand) needed taxi from airport to Pattaya. I phoned Mr. T two days ahead, gave flight number, company and told him clearly where to drive my friend (as my friend have no clue about locations in Pattaya). I also told them to phone my wife if the driver was unsure.

His flight was suppose to arrive 07:00. In the morning I checked internet and noticed his flight had a 40min delay. But 08:00 the driver phone my wife. We a angry tone he ask where my friend is and told my wife he lose money while waiting.

We told the driver to check the flight info in front of his nose at Gate 3, and told him to check the flight number we already had given.

08:30 taxi driver phone again. He said he could not wait more now, this took too long time, he said.

Less than 50 minutes after the plane arrived, he could not wait more?

I phoned my friend, asked if all was fine. Yes, he just got his suitcase and walked to Gate 3 now.

Airplane arrived 07:40 (as showed at the info screen at airport). My friend didn't do anything else after leaving airplane, just the normal pass control, walking and waiting at luggage. That takes about an hour at this airport!

My friend found the driver, but about two hours later my friend phone me, asking if I could speak with the driver and ask him if he had any clue where he was driving. So I did, and the driver had no clue where my friends location wasfacepalm.gif

Finally when my mate and driver arrived at my place, I was told he drove like an idiot. I still wanted to give the driver few hundred in tips for the 40 minute delay, but he was so dam_n angry I just gave him the agreed 1000baht and told him to get the hell away from here.

Few days later we had a trip to Bangkok. I decided to give Mr. T company a new chance. Taxi booked 10am from my apartment the next day.

10:20 I phoned the company, asking where my driver was. In a few minutes I was told.

10:35 I phoned again. This time they was not sure, and had to check.

10:45 I phoned again. Now I was told the driver didn't show up (as I didn't notice that...), but they would call for a new driver.

The new driver showed up, of course it took time for him to drive from his location to our. 11:15 he came, 1 hour and 15 minutes after agreed time!

Nobody mentioned discount for the waiting. I did plan to give half of what we agreed, as I now was pissed off by this company. But I remembered this driver, had him much during my last stay, and he is good and clearly not his fault.

This driver also understood who my friend had from airport to Pattaya, and didn't have much positive to say about that driver or Mr T himself.

Jack 0800927007

Always reliable. Owns his own recent model car and maintains it very well. His current car is actually an Asian SUV (Honda), so he can carry 3 people and still have room for all the luggage in the back. Extremely safe driver (some may find him a bit slow). Always on time. He checks flight information so he'll be aware of flight delays and makes allowances for them. Fairly good English. Can email him for bookings.

A bit more expensive than Mr T at 1200 from the airport (same price in reverse direction) plus tolls, but it's worth it. I've been using him for about 5 years. He's never been late or let me down.

When you've got flights to catch you can't afford to be messed around by unreliable taxi drivers.

Not exemplary service, to be sure. However, as usual, you have to consider you're in the Third World here. You always have to take into account the Thai factor. Changing companies won't cure the problem. You will never know, you see.

Hence when you book you have to take into account the possibilities of delays yourself. So at the airport, plan for the pickup at least 1 1/2 hours, maybe 2 after landing. Similarly, allow an extra hour for getting to the airport.

You also have to email in advance the directions to the Pattaya location. Include a map if possible. If you don't speak Thai, it's good to have them written out in Thai so that you can give them to the driver at the airport.

Then you need to confirm the booking at least the day before the pickup. If you've leaving Pattaya, confirmation the night before or, say, 4 hours before is advisable. It may be helpful but not necessary to get a Thai speaker to do the confirmation.

Small tip: when the driver shows up, if he forgets to confirm your name, be sure to ask whether he's in fact from Mr. T. Once at 4 AM another driver showed up at my building exactly on time (w/ a much better car than Mr T's usual, nice), and it took us a few kilometers to determine he was actually from a different company sent to pick up a different passenger. Who woulda thought? Fortunately, Mr. T was a little late smile.png so we got back in time to correct the mix up.

I like Mr. T just fine and will continue using him, advisedly.

- That's what I'm scared. Changing company may not help, but at least I will give another the chance to prove me wrong smile.png

- When I book, especially to airport, I do plan little bit extra time if delays occur by the driver or traffic, but this was just too much.

But when I need pick up at airport, they ask what time airplane arrive, what flight number and what company I use. Answering this I expect the taxi company to know how long time it normally takes from airplane has arrived until the passenger get to the meeting point. If any delays on the plane, I also expect them to follow the flight info screen and notice that flight number I gave them, has an delay.

- I agree email is the best to do, but you may not always have time to do it. My wife talked with them, she is Thai, so that should be ok. When they say driver know the location, i expect that to be true. Thats the whole point of booking a taxi from the airport for my first time traveler friend. If he knew his hotel location he could easily just crab a taxi outside the airport (even thought that use to be more expensive).

- Hehe, I always ask if he is from "Mr T". Good example of what can happen laugh.png

@tropo: Thanks for info!

for five years I've used pattaya limo after a bad experience with the taxi company that many t v members state here is ok?

I don't want to ruin anyones livelihood and I appreciate my experience might of been one of very few cockups. But the business

practice of misleading fares to cover up their mistakes does not inspire any trust or reliability, and for around 200bht more pattaya limmo are good drivers in good cars that act responsibly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just come back to Pattaya after a 4 day trip away. On the way out the taxi was 5 minutes early. On the way back Mr T's man was waiting at exit 3 with my name on a A4 sheet of paper. No problems with drivers in either direction, the price was right too, 900 baht to the Suv. Airport and 1,000 baht back, I too will continue using this company, good service.

Archived