We've Got A Real Queen On Side Now!

endure

I think far more is being read into this by the gay media saying what they think she said than she actually said. There is no mention of sexual preference, sexual minorities or anything directly connectable with gays at all - just "other grounds" which could refer to economic status, caste, or virtually anything except gays.

Homosexual acts are criminal offences in 41 Commonwealth countries - the vast majority. As head of the C of E (a role she takes very seriously even if others don't) she supports discrimination against practicing homosexuals.

While she has never condemned homosexuality neither has she ever said anything I am aware of supporting equal treatment of gays in any way.

• Like 2

Her mother, the late Queen Elizabeth and one of the most important women of the 20th Century said "without gays, we would be reduced to self-service!"

For a minute there I thought I had missed something and the Queen was dead!

The late Queen Mother was certainly important to an elder generation during WWII, but the idea. that she did anything of importance after that is about as imaginative as her supposed quote or that she even had any idea what "self-service" was.

Her mother, the late Queen Elizabeth and one of the most important women of the 20th Century said "without gays, we would be reduced to self-service!"

For a minute there I thought I had missed something and the Queen was dead!

The late Queen Mother was certainly important to an elder generation during WWII, but the idea. that she did anything of importance after that is about as imaginative as her supposed quote or that she even had any idea what "self-service" was.

She's alleged to have said, "When the old queens down there( in the kitchen) have finished whatever they're doing, the old Queen up here would like her gin and tonic!"

She was important in that she gave royalty a human face. British people between the wars had got used to stuffy old George V and the even stuffier Queen Mary. George VI wasn't much better, but he died fairly young, and the old QM could live her life the way she liked (lots of horse-racing). I think she was the most popular member of the royal family for most of the rest of her life.

• Like 1

Did she say that though. If she did, did she mean that all servants are gay, or that all gays are servants.

I think far more is being read into this by the gay media saying what they think she said than she actually said. There is no mention of sexual preference, sexual minorities or anything directly connectable with gays at all - just "other grounds" which could refer to economic status, caste, or virtually anything except gays.

Homosexual acts are criminal offences in 41 Commonwealth countries - the vast majority. As head of the C of E (a role she takes very seriously even if others don't) she supports discrimination against practicing homosexuals.

While she has never condemned homosexuality neither has she ever said anything I am aware of supporting equal treatment of gays in any way.

From the Times article:

"The words “other grounds” are said to refer to sexuality however any specific

references to gay people are not included to avoid antagonising Commonwealth

countries that retain laws against homosexuals, according to the Mail

on Sunday."

IOW she didn't say anything. Don't get all excited about an alleged Royal supporter, I'd say. We don't have a "real Queen on [our] side now", as the topic suggests.

• Like 1

I am not impressed with her announcement, until she specifically mentions equality for LGBT. However, it is nice that she isn't calling for our damnation like the Catholic Church.

I am not impressed with her announcement, until she specifically mentions equality for LGBT. However, it is nice that she isn't calling for our damnation like the Catholic Church.

Best to be wishy washy on the subject as it might cause some problems as all sorts of the titled folk have a preference for same sex relationships. A simple pleb like me has the impression that having dalliances with the same sex is an essential requirement to be part of England's "nobility".

Edited by geriatrickid