Are Employees Of The Electric Company Accountable For Dangerous Work?

loong

A week or so ago we had a power cut in our village that lasted 16 or 18 hours.

The electric company did some repairs and power was reinstated, but since then, the street lights have not been working.

Today, I noticed on one of the electic poles, there is a lot of hanging cables that the plastic covering has melted off. Difficult to tell whether these cables are live or not because of the messy wiring.

What is apparent is that there is a new meter there, The feed into this meter is a little too short, so enters the meter almost sideways. Because of this, they were obviously unable to fit the bottom plate that covers the live wiring connections. I know these connections are live because the meter was turning.

This meter is the bottom one on the pole and the exposed live connections are within reach of many children.

Of course, people don't wnat to complain because the electricity company is likely to just cut off the power supply to the whole village if they do.

The people who work for the company and carried out the repairs must know just how dangerous their sloppy work can be.

If I left something in such a dangerous condition, knowing that people could die because of my poor workmanship, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. How can they?

welcome to Thailand, i live in a good village of 120 houses and it is the same .

I really don't think that this is an example of when you can roll your eyes, grin and say TIT.

"I can't be bothered to do a proper job, who cares if I put people's life at risk?"

so what do you want to do ? go and complain ? that will get you no where. My wife and I are building a small village of 40 houses and they have put up the poles , when it rained last week one of the pole was leaning at 45 degrees and looked like it could fall out and hurt one of the workers of our village . we rang the company and they said they will come when they have time , that was 8 days ago. as i said ..this is THAILAND .