Static Ip Address

davofromoz

I just signed with true for a yr on their fibre optic 50mb package but then found out it was only dynamic ip address. My IT company said I needed a static ip address so they can log in and check any future issues. Does anyone know if true can give me a static ip address for extra cost with their fibre optic line or which company can give me good speed with static ip address?

I too was looking for a fixed IP, I contacted their online chat support and they directed me to (http://www.trueinternet.co.th/ENG/product_corporate_goldFixedIPpackage.html).

FYI: They like to call it "Fixed IP" here instead of "Static IP".

Based on the link above, prices are ridiculous beyond belief. Please let us know if you can get better prices.

Just a thought, if you are stuck with Dynamic IP then maybe you can use a "Dynamic DNS Service"?

Just a thought, if you are stuck with Dynamic IP then maybe you can use a "Dynamic DNS Service"?

As mentioned, if all they need is to connect to your computer then something like dyn.com or noip can do it by giving you an URL. Alternative is something like Teamviewer or Logmein remote access. Both of the latter can allow you to remote connect to your computer from anywhere.

• Like 1

Thanks indothai your right that's damn expensive, the 50mb/5mb package I'm on is only 2700 mnth. I will however keep that up my sleeve if there is no other option.

Thanks tywais, we already use team viewer but he still wanted to be able to login from Australia without having to wait for me , our computers are just dumb terminals but I will forward your solution to him for his review. Thanks

Thanks indothai your right that's damn expensive, the 50mb/5mb package I'm on is only 2700 mnth. I will however keep that up my sleeve if there is no other option.

Thanks tywais, we already use team viewer but he still wanted to be able to login from Australia without having to wait for me , our computers are just dumb terminals but I will forward your solution to him for his review. Thanks

Why does he have to wait for you to login using Logmein? I use it all the time for my own PCs. Once you connect, it registers your IP on their servers so you can access it any time.

Why does he have to wait for you to login using Logmein? I use it all the time for my own PCs. Once you connect, it registers your IP on their servers so you can access it any time.

That's correct. There is a small app that runs all the time on the PC to keep the IP to the server site uptodate continuously. I also use Logmein on several computers and as long as power is on, you can connect. Teamviewer can be configured the same way not requiring you to be at the computer. Though I find logmein more straight forward in doing that.

My IT guy advised

Application like Team Viewer and Logmein only allow you to get access to a particular system however they do network on thin clients and it will not give is access to the router should we need to log in.

Maybe your IT guy should take a bit more time and learn how to use apps like teamviewer and after he does that, he can give you a correct answer.

My IT guy advised

Application like Team Viewer and Logmein only allow you to get access to a particular system however they do network on thin clients and it will not give is access to the router should we need to log in.

Remote access to the router and static/fixed IP are separate issues.

Perhaps the best solution would be a router running DD-WRT. That would be able to use DDNS to solve the Dynamic IP issue and run a VPN server to give secure access to the whole LAN including the router itself.

Dynamic dns to the router and they can fix network issues.

Teamviewer or logmein can connect to remote unattended thin clients.

Sounds like you need more knowledgable IT support more than a static ip. This is absolutely beginners stuff for anyone considering offering remote support that they seem to be completely unaware of.

• Like 1

Dynamic dns to the router and they can fix network issues. Teamviewer or logmein can connect to remote unattended thin clients. Sounds like you need more knowledgable IT support more than a static ip. This is absolutely beginners stuff for anyone considering offering remote support that they seem to be completely unaware of.

We said ...

Thanks to everyone that helped, there is one department that use VPN and won't work with dynamic so have had to go with fixed/static ip. Cat do 5mb for 3500 bht and 3bb do 10mb 11000 bht with guarantees so will go with one of these, cheers

That's per mnth as its a commercial product with guarantees attached or money back

Details :

-Free installation

-Free router

-Fiber optic

-24 hrs connection

-8 Static IP

-Quality guarantee (SLA)

-SMS warning

-MRTG graph show quantity usage

-Maintenance service free

- Service guarantee, refundable if it is not working 172 minutes per month

-Call center 24 hrs