Saudi Arabia Mulls Replacing Public Beheadings With Shooting

webfact

Saudi Arabia Mulls Replacing Public Beheadings with Shooting

MOSCOW, March 11 (RIA Novosti) - A ministerial committee in Saudi Arabia is considering to formally drop public beheadings as a method of the capital punishment in the kingdom, Al Jazeera reported citing Saudi Arabian newspapers.

The agency cited Al-Watan daily that the committee, which consists of representatives from the interior and health ministries, the prosecution office and the general directorate of prisons, proposes replacing decapitation with shooting.

According to laws in the oil-rich kingdom, capital punishment is extended on all criminals, who were found guilty of murder, armed robbery, rape and drug trafficking.

Full story: http://en.rian.ru/world/20130311/179932931.html

-- RIA NOVOSTI 2013-03-11

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way they are DEAD.coffee1.gif

True. But I think it would be a bit better for the executioner to live with for the rest of his life.

Apparently not as he seems to be proud of his job.

Saudi executioner tells all

Saudi Arabia's leading executioner says he is "very proud to do God's

work" and does not lose sleep over beheading several people in one day.

In a rare interview, Muhammad Saad al-Beshi, 42, told the Saudi daily

Arab News that he had executed numerous women, as well as men.

"Despite the fact that I hate violence against women, when it comes to God's will, I have to carry it out."

He expressed indifference about the number of beheadings he was required to carry out.

"It doesn't matter to me: two, four, 10 - as long as I'm doing God's will, it doesn't matter how many people I execute".

I sleep very well... I live a normal life like everyone else

BBC News

• Like 1

True. But I think it would be a bit better for the executioner to live with for the rest of his life.

Would make no difference at all if the executions by shooting were carried out as they were in Thailand. One man carried out all the executions in Thailand, had to zero the rifle in, measure the height of the person to be shot/executed, he spoke with each prisoner so they could get blessings from Budda etc not a plesant job. He wrote a book on it, it's called The Last Executioner a good factual read.

Edited by OZEMADE
  • Like 1

Apparently not as he seems to be proud of his job.

Saudi executioner tells all

Saudi Arabia's leading executioner says he is "very proud to do God's

work" and does not lose sleep over beheading several people in one day.

In a rare interview, Muhammad Saad al-Beshi, 42, told the Saudi daily

Arab News that he had executed numerous women, as well as men.

"Despite the fact that I hate violence against women, when it comes to God's will, I have to carry it out."

He expressed indifference about the number of beheadings he was required to carry out.

"It doesn't matter to me: two, four, 10 - as long as I'm doing God's will, it doesn't matter how many people I execute".

I sleep very well... I live a normal life like everyone else

BBC News

I don't know the guy personally but I will go out on a limb and say he is full of <deleted>.

Beats crucifixion, though.

Several people were reported to have been crucified in Saudi Arabia last year. Human rights groups have condemned crucifixions in the past, including cases in which people are beheaded and then crucified. In 2009, Amnesty International condemned such an execution as "the ultimate form of cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/05/saudi-seven-crucifixion-armed-robbery?INTCMP=SRCH

Edited by BlueScouse

It's incredible how the US military-industrial establishment systematically goes after supposedly "undemocratic" regimes like Syria and Lybia (which were not that bad at all by Muslim standards - and both were secular states) yet has been protecting the fundamentalist, barbarous and ungrateful Saudis and Pakistanis for decades.

So which Islamic country do you suggest the west support instead?

They must be running low on stones,

or have an excess of bulletsblink.png

Certainly no shortage of bullets. Or guns, leg irons etc, right through to the most high tech state of the art killing devices known to man, this barbaric, fundamentalist, non democratic regime has the lot. And guess who supplies them? That's right, the 'Freedom' loving West.

• Like 1

It's incredible how the US military-industrial establishment systematically goes after supposedly "undemocratic" regimes like Syria and Lybia (which were not that bad at all by Muslim standards - and both were secular states) yet has been protecting the fundamentalist, barbarous and ungrateful Saudis and Pakistanis for decades.

Both Libya & Syria were State sponsors of terrorism, Syria carries on to this day. Pakistan has lost more than 4,000 military personnel fighting Islamic extremists. Saudi Arabia, for self interest, has just about wiped out in country Al Qaeda operatives.

US strategic regional interests by supporting Saudi Arabia & Pakistan, supplying military aid etc, is allegedly the best doctrine and more important to the US administrations at enabling ongoing dialogue in attempts at mitigating Islamic extremism.. Engagement is perceived as in the best interest of the US and it's allies. Right now political & human rights does not appear to be the number one priority as the Arab Spring currently has not been the hoped for success; perhaps 10, 20 or in 50 years time the goals may be achieved.

• Like 2

They must be running low on stones,

or have an excess of bulletsblink.png

Certainly no shortage of bullets. Or guns, leg irons etc, right through to the most high tech state of the art killing devices known to man, this barbaric, fundamentalist, non democratic regime has the lot. And guess who supplies them? That's right, the 'Freedom' loving West.

Are you saying the freedom loving North and South and East don't make guns?

So which Islamic country do you suggest the west support instead?

He did not say "the west" don't bundle everyone else in with the actions of the US of A!