Non O Marriage And Penang

I need some help please. Long story, but I will make it short and to the point.

I need to get a single entry non o mariage visa and want to go to Penang.

I have a Thai wife for 6 years and a 7 year old Thai son. Have both Thai and USA marriage certificate and my son's Thai birth certificate.

I don't have much money in the bank if that is necessary.

What do I need to bring with me to Penang to get the above and is it a simple process?

Thank you for your help.

Am not sure how you can have both US and Thai marriage certificates as they do not normally allow marriage of those already married. If there is any issue getting that non O visa perhaps a tourist visa and extension covering the same 90 days would do? That would not even require any marriage proof.

Non-o is cheaper by 900 baht than tourist visa with extension.

Plus if he planning on getting a 1 year extension he would have spend 2,000 baht to get another visa from immigration he has a tourist visa.

It should be no problem getting the visa in Penang. He can use an agent which makes it real easy and normally cost less than two trips to the consulate.

For a single entry visa they normally do not ask for financial proof.

You will need marriage certificate, signed copies of wife's ID and house book.

Thank you for your quick response.

Just to clear, I was married in the USA in 2007 and moved to Thailand in 2008.

We recorded our marriage at the Amphur where we live in Phuket for many reasons.

Did not get married in Thailand, only recorded our marriage.

Do I need to bring the original house book or just a signed copy?

Also, do I need a letter from my wife?

Thanks again

Non-o is cheaper by 900 baht than tourist visa with extension.

Plus if he planning on getting a 1 year extension he would have spend 2,000 baht to get another visa from immigration he has a tourist visa.

It should be no problem getting the visa in Penang. He can use an agent which makes it real easy and normally cost less than two trips to the consulate.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just to clear, I married my wife in the USA in 2007.

We recorded our marriage at the Amphur in Phuket for many reasons.

We did not get married in Thailand.

Do I need to bring the original house book or just a signed copy?

Do I need a letter from my wife?

Please explain what you mean by two trips to the consulate?

Thanks again

One trip to make application and return next day to pick up passport/visa so two trips where you need to hold taxi as is a residential area. Normally using a visa service will be about the same price as the taxi trips. Hotel front desks often offer such service or work with those that do.

One trip to make application and return next day to pick up passport/visa so two trips where you need to hold taxi as is a residential area. Normally using a visa service will be about the same price as the taxi trips. Hotel front desks often offer such service or work with those that do.

Last 2 questions-

Can anyone recommend a good safe and reliable visa run service from Phuket to Penang?

I hate riding the vans at night, but is this the best way to go? Total cost 4,000 baht

Thanks again to all!!!

Can you fly? Either to Penang or Hat Yai (only couple hour van from there). Otherwise suspect bus to Hat Yai and same onward to Georgetown. No need for vans or visa service as a main travel route. From Hat Yai you would have choice of van/bus/share taxi.