Why Cannot I Access News.google.com Here In Thailand?

KED

When I was back in the U.S., I started referencing www.news.google.com and found it to have a good synopsis of world news. However, now I am back in Thailand and the URL doesn't work. If I do a google search the address shows up - but if I click on the reference it just brings me back to google search. What gives?

maybe a strange cookie or something - I am using True IPS - anyone else using True have the same problem?

I tried both Google Chrome and Windows explorer browser - same problem

Thanks.

Edited by KED

does your google search default page come up in Thai instead of English? Google knows you are requesting pages from Thailand, so it does what it thinks is right.

It is about cookies.

do you have a google email account? If you log into email account, it will set a cookie that is consistent with the country you established email account. News will then come up in your default setting, and you can navigate to whatever 'edition' you want.

I find all that hard to figure out when the options are all printed in Thai. Might as well be Greek, or Russian, or Swahili.

On the plus side, I get a lot of ads as if I'm in Thailand - in Thai - which I can easily ignore since I can't read Thai and I just look past that crap (the ads that is - not to disparage Thai).

Assume U R using chrom(ium)? Try this - go into tools, clean out your browsing data and/or cookies.

If some Thai language thing tries to assume command, open www.google.com/ncr (or somesuch - see thread here posted ~ 72hr ago).

Good luck, AA

Or

www.google.com/ncr

Ncr forces Google to stay on the English version if this works for you set that as default or bookmark.

thanks for all the suggestions - i bookmarked the links above which does resolve my problem.

I do think Google has overextended it's reach by predicting that I want Google in Thai just because my IP address is in Thailand - the ironic thing is then a google page translate offers to translate it into English - bizarre. Also, once the Google page is translated - there is no option to switch to English - poor design - maybe the deities at Google think I should learn to read Thai - they only want what is best for me, I know.

I prefer https://encrypted.google.com/ to NCR. Same result but always encrypted.

Dont go telling this guy to do anything at the commsnd line, he cant even sort out this problem and it has nothing to do with his ip!

you have a charming turn of phrase - perhaps too much IT training and none with human interaction.