Online Recruitment Agencies

tuky

Ok, so we all get emails everyday from mobs like Oilcareers, Expat Engineer and the rest of them.

But have any of you ever known anyone who got a new job through any of them?

I have asked around in my own circles and nobody knows a soul who has answered one of these ads and got a position through them.

Mine too have all been through word of mouth or just taken for granted I will be moving on with the same construction/commissioning crew to the project.

Always wondered also.

Very good question smile.png

I have had a few telephone interviews/offers over the years via Oilcareers, none from rigzone and expat engineer seems to be a complete waste of time...

looking at these sites they seem for the most part to be geared at specific geographic regions ie Oilcareers = UK/europe, RigZone = US and expat engineers...Aussie market

suppose people dont hear anything from these postings as most of the time, as its just various agencies trawling for CV's....ie a company wants somebody and they put out the enquiry to multiple body shops and multiple agencies post the same job on the same site

anyone who has been in the business long enough knows, most jobs come about by word of mouth or referral...ie somebody know somebody

I get the odd email and phone call from rigzone resume.

Had one from Schlumberger yesterday actually.

Some lady rang me up last year from Dubai to work somewhere middle east, Qatar i think.

But im not looking to jump ship cause the grass isnt always greener. And i dont want to start from day 1 again.

I'm on my current job via a CV I entered in oilcareers, although I had been subcontracted to the company prior to that for a number of years in varying roles it turned out that I knew 2 of the 3 people conducting my phone interview which I guess helped

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting, 3 weeks ago I would have said, no, I too have never picked up work or knew anyone who had landed a job though the likes of ‘Oilcareers’

Just over three weeks I sent of my CV to a job in ‘Oilcareers’………By now this was a weekly thing, never expecting to hear anything back……You know what I mean right?

Well, I’m off to the Gulf of Mexico this Monday working for Saipem, C 1 Pipe-lay vessel, ‘Castorone’, this is a brand new ship, they are still crewing it. If you have any pipe-lay skills, maybe Welding Inspection/Coatings and so on give Prime International a poke……….Drop Rick Heap an email……

Good luck

Tonto

• 10 months later...