30 Day "permission To Stay" Stamp

paulabo

Im in Bangkok now but only received a 30 day stamp. (Yes I messed up). But need another 30 days.

1) Can anyone confirm if my only option is to fly out (nearer to expiry) to say Cambodia and fly back in to receive a new 30 Day "permission to stay" stamp.

2) Also if I fly back direct to Koh Samui will their airport Immigration desk give me a 30 day stamp.

It's not clear how you messed up. Did you have a visa or reentry permit in your passport during your last air entry that would have given you more than 30 days? In any case, if you have the nationality of passport that recently got you a 30 day stamp for entering by air, yes, you can do that again (and again and again ...) by exiting and reentering Thailand by air. Or by land you get 15 days. A domestic flight will not give you any more days!

• Like 1

1. If you fly back in you will recieve another 30 days. You don't have to leave the country by air.

2. I believe that samui is not an international airport.So you would need to fly to Bangkok, or Phuket and transfer from there.

Thank you all.

I believe Koh Samui has an International Terminal, but am a little concerned that they might not offer the 30 day stamp if I re-enter direct from KL.

Anyone done this trip or similar.

Of course they do, everybody who enters the country by air visa exempt gets the 30 day stamp.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

I believe Koh Samui has an International Terminal, but am a little concerned that they might not offer the 30 day stamp if I re-enter direct from KL.

Of course they do, everybody who enters the country by air visa exempt gets the 30 day stamp.

That is, everyone who has a nationality among the list of countries eligible for that privilege, which we are assuming includes the OP.

Thank you all.

That is, everyone who has a nationality among the list of countries eligible for that privilege, which we are assuming includes the OP.

That's why I said: "Of course they do, everybody who enters the country by air visa exempt gets the 30 day stamp"

Thank you all.

That's why I said: "Of course they do, everybody who enters the country by air visa exempt gets the 30 day stamp"

While not relevant to the OP, your statement still isn't completely accurate. There are in fact people who receive a longer permission to stay than 30 days when arriving visa exempt (90 days; Brazil, Korea, Peru).

Sophon