Skype Address Shows Thaksin Orders, Pheu Thai Follows

webfact

The amazing part of the reactions to this topic is that where some are hardly able to call k. Abhisit a legitimite PM in his time, they see no problem whatsoever with a non-elected elite criminal fugitive skyping in to order a PM and her cabinet around telling them how he wants to have his country run.

We are talking here about foreigners from mostly democratic countries. Imagine!

No of course it's a joke, but what do you expect in this country?

Maybe we should be focusing our energies on the many many fundamental flaws of our own deeply corrupt countries, who cares what this tin-pot banana republic gets up to, if we can't even get our own act together in the supposedly more intelligent educated West what makes us think a place a couple steps out of the stone age is going to do any better.

At least they've managed their country's fiscal policies in a more responsible manner (so far).

To make it clear I don't think one Mafia gang's any better than the next, if they can just learn to go back to sharing the spoils a bit more fairly with each other then maybe the rest of us can get back to doing the more important stuff.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The amazing part of the reactions to this topic is that where some are hardly able to call k. Abhisit a legitimite PM in his time, they see no problem whatsoever with a non-elected elite criminal fugitive skyping in to order a PM and her cabinet around telling them how he wants to have his country run.

We are talking here about foreigners from mostly democratic countries. Imagine!

No of course it's a joke, but what do you expect in this country?

Maybe we should be focusing our energies on the many many fundamental flaws of our own deeply corrupt countries, who cares what this tin-pot banana republic gets up to, if we can't even get our own act together in the supposedly more intelligent educated West what makes us think a place a couple steps out of the stone age is going to do any better.

At least they've managed their country's fiscal policies in a more responsible manner (so far).

To make it clear I don't think one Mafia gang's any better than the next, if they can just learn to go back to sharing the spoils a bit more fairly with each other then maybe the rest of us can get back to doing the more important stuff.

Up to a point I can agree, but with this forum and especially this topic on Thaksin, a discussion on what's wrong in my country of birth the Netherlands would be deemed off topic and bound to be removed as such.

As for managing the countries financials, I won't bother you with my opinion on that in this topic. Here we try to concentrate on Thaksin obviously lying in his skype messages as we just had our PM saying at the FCCT dinner ""If I relied on him, I don't think I could come here and answer your questions [for] the second time."". Rumour has it she didn't blush when she said this rolleyes.gif

180 countries all crying for a visit from the President of China or the USA. Obama came to Thailand and Yingluck went to China. Big feather in her cap. Try and make it something it is not but no one cares if the strings are being pulled by an illegally deposed ex PM.

I would guess that Obama came to Thailand to make it look like he is doing something about piracy, not because he believes Yingluck is the true PM but because he knows the message will get passed on to the real PM.
  • Like 1

180 countries all crying for a visit from the President of China or the USA. Obama came to Thailand and Yingluck went to China. Big feather in her cap. Try and make it something it is not but no one cares if the strings are being pulled by an illegally deposed ex PM.

I would guess that Obama came to Thailand to make it look like he is doing something about piracy, not because he believes Yingluck is the true PM but because he knows the message will get passed on to the real PM.

Sounds good. Of all the problems Obama has what rank would you assign international copyright piracy in Thailand?

I would say he was just sending a message to ASEAN to let them know they have his support in the south China sea conflict with China

I would say he was just sending a message to ASEAN to let them know they have his support in the south China sea conflict with China

I thought he came to Thailand because it was on his way to Burma.

That's what he told his wife...

• Like 1

US President Barack Obama has urged Asian nations to ease tensions over maritime disputes, amid terse exchanges at the end of a summit in Cambodia. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20405053

US President Barack Obama has urged Asian nations to ease tensions over maritime disputes, amid terse exchanges at the end of a summit in Cambodia. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20405053

Did Obama phone Thaksin or did he assume Yinguck was in charge and deal with the legitimate government?

Martyr - One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.

Yeah, that fits.

Idiots.

The common and most used definition is one who is killed because of his beliefs.

My wife lives in hope.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Of all the problems Obama has what rank would you assign international copyright piracy in Thailand?
With all the problems Obama has what rank would you assign anything to do with Thailand? International piracy is important to many of the people that Obama gets money from and a photo op is a photo op. His visiting does validate that he thinks Yingluck actually makes the decisions in Thailand.

Thaksin said MPs and senators should not waste time but amend some Articles such as Article 68 and 190

Interesting how both of these articles he wants to amend start off.

Section 68.

No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution

Section 190.

The King has the prerogative to conclude a peace treaty, armistice and other treaties with other countries or international organisations.

Today, three different amendment bills were submitted by various Pheu Thai Party MPs, including Udomdej Rattanasathien, and Senators, including Direk Thuengfang, to House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont.

They sought to amend the above noted Sections 68 and 190 of the Constitution.

Amongst the various versions of amendment bills, additional Sections they sought to amend included .237

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625848-thaksin-still-very-much-the-c-e-o-of-this-govt/?view=findpost&p=6202970

The third amendment bill proposals targets Sections 111, 112, 115, 117, 118, and 120, all dealing with the functioning of the Senate and Section 241 which affects the Election Commission. The proposal also seeks to annul Sections 113 and 114 which again involves the Senate.

House Speaker Somsak said it take about a week to examine the proposals before being presented to Parliament for deliberation.

He also denied that former PM Thaksin had anything to do with pushing for these amendments (contrary to what the initial quote describes).

• Like 1

Thaksin said MPs and senators should not waste time but amend some Articles such as Article 68 and 190

Section 68.

No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution

Section 190.

The King has the prerogative to conclude a peace treaty, armistice and other treaties with other countries or international organisations.

Today, three different amendment bills were submitted by various Pheu Thai Party MPs, including Udomdej Rattanasathien, and Senators, including Direk Thuengfang, to House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont.

Amongst the various versions of amendment bills, additional Sections they sought to amend included .237

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625848-thaksin-still-very-much-the-c-e-o-of-this-govt/?view=findpost&p=6202970

The third amendment bill proposals targets Sections 111, 112, 115, 117, 118, and 120, all dealing with the functioning of the Senate and Section 241 which affects the Election Commission. The proposal also seeks to annul Sections 113 and 114 which again involves the Senate.

House Speaker Somsak said it take about a week to examine the proposals before being presented to Parliament for deliberation.

He also denied that former PM Thaksin had anything to do with pushing for these amendments (contrary to what the initial quote describes).

The skype call certainly put a fire to their ass and the fear of the almighty in their hearts. Less parlimentary, judicial and puplic oversight should strengthen the Thaktatorship system, (that is a dictatorship with a guy called Thaksin leading it) and get the capitalist salivating like pavlov's dogs.

...[Thaksin] told the government to clearly point out to the public that they would benefit from the country's infrastructure development, for which the government needs loans...

Sometimes I wonder whether the Democrats, when they were in power, perhaps were not doing enough to communicate to the people the benefits of what their government did. Doing a good thing is not enough by itself nowadays, it is all a matter of public relations if you want to get re-elected.

...[Thaksin] told the government to clearly point out to the public that they would benefit from the country's infrastructure development, for which the government needs loans...

Sometimes I wonder whether the Democrats, when they were in power, perhaps were not doing enough to communicate to the people the benefits of what their government did. Doing a good thing is not enough by itself nowadays, it is all a matter of public relations if you want to get re-elected.

The trouble with being the senior party in a minority government is you have to bargain for every issue and take all the blame for their failures.

Section 68.

Section 190.

House Speaker Somsak also denied that former PM Thaksin had anything to do with pushing for these amendments (contrary to what the initial quote describes).

The skype call certainly put a fire to their ass and the fear of the almighty in their hearts. Less parliamentary, judicial and public oversight should strengthen the Thaktatorship system, (that is a dictatorship with a guy called Thaksin leading it) and get the capitalist salivating like Pavlov's dogs.

It's also always amusing to read the hollow denials like those of the House Speaker (and Pheu Thai Party MP) Somsak denying any involvement of the Pheu Thai Party Financier in the process when there is more than ample contradictory evidence of his involvement.

Somsak's bleating is as credible as Yingluck's crying, I'm the real prime minister.

Edited by Buchholz

Section 68.

Section 190.

PM agrees to amending Constitution article by article, believes no social rift will follow

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=514acb94150ba0187f000083#.UUrr-jf4KSo

Section 68.

Section 190.

PM agrees to amending Constitution article by article, believes no social rift will follow

and all the little ducks fall into line

I don't see what the problem is.

Yingluck's party was voted in by the people, that's called democracy.

How she wants to run her party or let someone else run the party is a matter for that party.

Thaksin isn't PM. But why should he not be allowed to tell the Party what he wants? Is there a law against people giving their opinions or saying what they want done? Surely it is up to the Party to decide if they want to listen to him or not.

Up to them, the democratically elected government. If the Thai people don't like it I'm sure they will vote accordingly at the next election.

Until then, the Party can listen to whoever the hell they want to listen to.

• Like 1

bottom line: Thaksin Shinawatra was duly elected and illegally overthrown. Have a nice day.

Not really

Thanksin Shinawatra was duly elected, then stepped down, then failed in his attempts to run an election mostly because he tried to have the election done outside of the election laws, then he decided to become 'caretaker prime minister' effectively holding onto the post illegally, then was overthrown.

While you were typing the illegally word you forgot one. "Overthrown Illegally."

How could Thacksin be "Overthrown illegally" when he wasn't even in Public Office,but merely a Caretaker? (he had already stepped down) and was in America.Wasn't you in Thailand during the Coup?

Section 68.

Section 190.

Correct me if i've got wrong:but didn't Yingluck state recently that she was having nothing to with the Constitution changes,and was leaving it to her Cabinet?

With all the problems Obama has what rank would you assign anything to do with Thailand? International piracy is important to many of the people that Obama gets money from and a photo op is a photo op. His visiting does validate that he thinks Yingluck actually makes the decisions in Thailand.

It doesn't validate anything,other than the fact he could hardly ask to speak to a criminal on the run,instead of the showpiece PM. No doubt he would have been well briefed as to who is really running the Country. And IMO the visit was merely window dressing,to keep Thailand Air Bases and goodwill available,if needed in the future.

Edited by MAJIC

The old slogan "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai and foreign supporters act" hasn't lost any of it's luster or value, methinks

How nicely avuncular, to so miss the point.

My dear nephew (in broader sense that is) you might have missed that the topic is "Thaksin skypes his orders". I don't want to make too much of a point of it, but ... ... wink.png

How she wants to run her party or let someone else run the party is a matter for that party.

Thaksin isn't PM. But why should he not be allowed to tell the Party what he wants? Is there a law against people giving their opinions or saying what they want done? Surely it is up to the Party to decide if they want to listen to him or not.

Up to them, the democratically elected government. If the Thai people don't like it I'm sure they will vote accordingly at the next election.

This must be a novel approach. To suggest that all can tell and Thaksin skyping in his orders to his cabinet how he want them to run his country is something similar, nothing really strange and upto Pheu Thai to listen or not. That also explains why many go visit this ordinary person to ask for favours, positions and so. Just like anyone else is asked by Pheu Thai party members.

Till the next elections the Pheu Thai party can listen to the criminal fugitive in Dubai who has no problems to skype in and furthermore a few family members to keep all in check. Just like any other normal Thai person can and would do of course. All know that Thai and especially Pheu Thai and UDD really like unelected elite billionairs who feel sorry for themselves to the point they need they ego boosted again by ordering a cabinet around and telling all he's the boss. Poor PM Yingluck, poor Pheu Thai members who really want to help the country and the management of 2.2 trillion budgets, poor Thai people who are told to be happy with 300 Baht a day and a car they can ill afford, and a tablet Pc instead of school uniforms and books, and so on and so forth.

Yes, perfectly normal. If only we would learn from this perfectly normal example to the point of being able to implement the wonderful Thaksin method in our own home countries rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

This must be a novel approach. To suggest that all can tell and Thaksin skyping in his orders to his cabinet how he want them to run his country is something similar, nothing really strange and upto Pheu Thai to listen or not. That also explains why many go visit this ordinary person to ask for favours, positions and so. Just like anyone else is asked by Pheu Thai party members.

Till the next elections the Pheu Thai party can listen to the criminal fugitive in Dubai who has no problems to skype in and furthermore a few family members to keep all in check. Just like any other normal Thai person can and would do of course. All know that Thai and especially Pheu Thai and UDD really like unelected elite billionairs who feel sorry for themselves to the point they need they ego boosted again by ordering a cabinet around and telling all he's the boss. Poor PM Yingluck, poor Pheu Thai members who really want to help the country and the management of 2.2 trillion budgets, poor Thai people who are told to be happy with 300 Baht a day and a car they can ill afford, and a tablet Pc instead of school uniforms and books, and so on and so forth.

Yes, perfectly normal. If only we would learn from this perfectly normal example to the point of being able to implement the wonderful Thaksin method in our own home countries rolleyes.gif

excellent post oom Rubl

Thaksin apologists rev up for action.

Let's rephrase a part of the above: 'Is there a law against convicted criminals on the run giving their opinions or saying what they want done? (ie dictating to the government)'

Well yes I would think so, otherwise government ministers wouldn't continually lie about it (deny it) would they?

Maybe the government should openly acknowledge that they are being directed by a convicted criminal and take it from there shall we?

• Like 1