I Am No Puppet, Yingluck Tells Foreign Correspondents' Club Of Thailand (Fcct)

webfact

Thats ok guys I easily understand why you would see nothing amiss with the phrasing and content of the question...now where is buchholz with the Thaksin + and - signs picture...gotta be due anytime

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats ok guys I easily understand why you would see nothing amiss with the phrasing and content of the question...now where is buchholz with the Thaksin + and - signs picture...gotta be due anytime

i prefer the photo posted earlier where she's lying and she's accusing a foreign leader of lying .

Edited by Buchholz

She replied to my question on Monday night all on her own...

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10152635539200510" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm not sure why this important question did not make the cut in the English Language news, but apparently it was mentioned in the Thai news the next day because one of my students came into class saying that his Dad heard on the news about a teacher from an International school who asked "If you had a furby, what colour would it be?"

This will now be my claim to fame!! Ha ha!

PS - apologies in advance if the video doesn't show up properly, this is my first time posting here...

"If I relied on him, I don't think I could come here and answer your questions [for] the second time."

Asked about the possibility of autonomy for the deep South, the premier side-stepped the question and said the government was willing to talk to all parties in search of peace.

When The Nation asked Yingluck why millions of Thais dislike or even despise Thaksin and herself, Yingluck again side-stepped the question,

So from this sample thats 2 out of 4 questions sidestepped.

My money says she was ambushed.

Those two questions were not on the approved list of questions.

• Like 1

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10152635539200510" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm not sure why this important question did not make the cut in the English Language news, but apparently it was mentioned in the Thai news the next day because one of my students came into class saying that his Dad heard on the news about a teacher from an International school who asked "If you had a furby, what colour would it be?"

PS - apologies in advance if the video doesn't show up properly, this is my first time posting here...

Video Unavailable

This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

can you try a YouTube upload?

In the interim, perhaps a little karaoke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GqHL_zWOBY

Edited by Buchholz

Oh boy, nasty questions from journalists. What next, quoting what a politician said more than a day ago?

Maybe nasty cartoons.

manager130301.jpeg

Translation please.

manager130301.jpeg

From Manager, March 1, 2013

Thaksin Shinawatra: I’m practicing performing a puppet with my feet… After the 3rd, I’ll have one more puppet theater to run.

Caption: The owner of the puppet theater is seriously rehearsing.

[This implies that the Pheu Thai Bangkok Governor candidate, Pol. Gen.

Pongsapas Pongcharoen, will be a Thaksin proxy just as his sister

Yingluck is.]

Yingluck said yesterday that the government would not get involved in the amnesty issue

blink.png

More blatant and obvious falsehoods... her government is at the heart of at least a half dozen amnesty proposals.

huh.png

Has everyone forgotten that bare-faced lies are de rigeur in (Thai) Politics?

Oh boy, nasty questions from journalists. What next, quoting what a politician said more than a day ago?

Maybe nasty cartoons.

manager130301.jpeg

Translation please.

Thaksin Shinawatra: I’m practicing performing a puppet with my feet… After the 3rd, I’ll have one more puppet theater to run.

Caption: The owner of the puppet theater is seriously rehearsing.

[This implies that the Pheu Thai Bangkok Governor candidate, Pol. Gen.

Pongsapas Pongcharoen, will be a Thaksin proxy just as his sister

Yingluck is.]

source: http://2bangkok.com/page/2

Video Unavailable

This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

A marriage of the minds made in heaven. I'm suprised the pair of you weren't invited to the FCCT event, what with incisive political questions like "what colour is your furby?" and buchholzs reknowned media collection - please a little more imagination than the usual variations on a clone approach for all our sakes - don't any of you ever get bored with yourselves?

Yingluck said yesterday that the government would not get involved in the amnesty issue

blink.png

More blatant and obvious falsehoods... her government is at the heart of at least a half dozen amnesty proposals.

huh.png

Has everyone forgotten that bare-faced lies are de rigeur in (Thai) Politics?

True. But usually they don't call their neighboring Malaysian leader a liar. I wonder how PM Razak feels about be called a liar.

It's curious why she lied about her brother not being involved. It was just so recent AND widely reported.... heck, it was even proclaimed by herself that he was.

And yet, less than 2 weeks later, she's denying he's involved.... blink.png

Is her short term memory that impaired???

unsure.png

Is she borrowing Chalerm's ear meds?

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

I actually believe her saying, she is no puppet. In the Skypetransmission Mr T mentioned that some people in the Pheu Thai Party, was quite happy to see him stay abroad, "as they would be less important" in case he returned. Which straight away got me to think of his dear sister! She is just loving being PM, imagine being "the biggest face" of them all in a country, where face is everyhing.wai2.gif

Even the partyelite are in no hurry to get Mr T home, after realising it is business as usual. Probably even better with the biggest thief staying abroad, so a bigger share of the cake for them.

If I am right, wouldn't it be ironic, that the little sister handpicked by Mr T himself, now is the one stopping him from returning! sad.png

• Like 1

Video Unavailable

I'm suprised the pair of you weren't invited to the FCCT event, what with incisive political questions and buchholzs reknowned media collection -

You mean all it takes is having internet access to YouTube and that's sufficient to be invited to FCCT events?

Gosh.

Maybe even you could snag an invite in that case.

If you need help to register there, you could probably ask for help on the TV's

Internet, computers, communication, technology sub-forum.

Edited by Buchholz

Just for some balance, I'd love to see her or her brother on HARDtalk, interviewed by Stephen Sackur. Although given how BBC covered 2010, I doubt he'd ask the questions we want answers to. I think Robert Kee once responded to one of his victims. That was a very good answer, unfortunately it was not the question I asked. Now he would have been the one to asl questions.

• Like 1

I actually believe her saying, she is no puppet. In the Skypetransmission Mr T mentioned that some people in the Pheu Thai Party, was quite happy to see him stay abroad, "as they would be less important" in case he returned. Which straight away got me to think of his dear sister! She is just loving being PM, imagine being "the biggest face" of them all in a country, where face is everyhing.wai2.gif

Even the partyelite are in no hurry to get Mr T home, after realising it is business as usual. Probably even better with the biggest thief staying abroad, so a bigger share of the cake for them.

If I am right, wouldn't it be ironic, that the little sister handpicked by Mr T himself, now is the one stopping him from returning! sad.png

Could call it a Samak-ism.

He, too, got too big for his britches after initially openly declaring himself Thaksin's nominee. Months in office later, he was starting to act like an independent. That led to his not receiving the Party's *Thaksin's* endorsement for PM when he was eligible to return to the position immediately after his temporary removal.

I actually believe her saying, she is no puppet. In the Skypetransmission Mr T mentioned that some people in the Pheu Thai Party, was quite happy to see him stay abroad, "as they would be less important" in case he returned. Which straight away got me to think of his dear sister! She is just loving being PM, imagine being "the biggest face" of them all in a country, where face is everyhing.Even the partyelite are in no hurry to get Mr T home, after realising it is business as usual. Probably even better with the biggest thief staying abroad, so a bigger share of the cake for them.If I am right, wouldn't it be ironic, that the little sister handpicked by Mr T himself, now is the one stopping him from returning! Could call it a Samak-ism.He, too, got too big for his britches after initially openly declaring himself Thaksin's nominee. Months in office later, he was starting to act like an independent. That led to his not receiving the Party's *Thaksin's* endorsement for PM when he was eligible to return to the position immediately after his temporary removal..

Not only that he could tell the odd porky too;)

Video Unavailable

A marriage of the minds made in heaven. I'm suprised the pair of you weren't invited to the FCCT event, what with incisive political questions like "what colour is your furby?" and buchholzs reknowned media collection - please a little more imagination than the usual variations on a clone approach for all our sakes - don't any of you ever get bored with yourselves?

Erm another news post. Non members could attend for about 3000 Baht. However, it wasn't all night, and a Happy Ending was not guaranteed.