Phuket Recomendations

Khutan

Ok, I am a total newbie to Phuket.

I have some money in pocket, and I am coming down April Fools day, the family has pressured me into flying.

What I would like to know, what are the scams and all that.

What is the correct Taxi Fare from the airport, and finally, what is a nice family Hotel in the range of 1,500 - 2,000 a night that is close to shops and the beach.

Then I hope I can sleep on the beach while the family goes shopping.

I have done a bit of a search, but things seem to be a bit dated. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, I am a total newbie to Phuket.

I have some money in pocket, and I am coming down April Fools day, the family has pressured me into flying.

What I would like to know, what are the scams and all that.

What is the correct Taxi Fare from the airport, and finally, what is a nice family Hotel in the range of 1,500 - 2,000 a night that is close to shops and the beach.

Then I hope I can sleep on the beach while the family goes shopping.

I have done a bit of a search, but things seem to be a bit dated. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

The taxi fare (limo) from the airport should be around 500 bath, you could be lucky and get one of the metered taxis outside the airport.

As far as hotel I think this should be what you need

http://www.marimari.com/hotel/thailand/phuket/phuketpalace/

Limousine from airport to Patong is 600 baht, I think.

Phuket Palace is as far from the beach as you can get in Patong. It isn't really within walking distance to anywhere.

For a hotel very close to the beach, you may have to up your budget.

Other hotels that are on the second road like PS Guesthouse and C&N Bungalows are cheaper, but no pool.

What about the Surin each Resort, it liiks good on the internet..... Any Opinions ?

Surin Beach resort is nice. Surin is nice, however Surin in itself doesn't have many options for shopping or things to do so you'd be relying on taxis a lot.

We seem to be assuming that you want to be in Patong. Where do you want to be?

For much more info on the island and user freindly advice about where to stay from a local with plenty of pics:

http://phuketdelight.com/

I went from airport to Patong yesterday.

Meter taxi 403bht

Drivers outside airport want 500 - 550.

I paid my driver 500bht. I like meter taxi's better, at least you know your not getting ripped off.

I think Kata or Karon would be good locations for you, both have nice hotels very near the beach and are close to Patong ( a home away from home for many tourists ). Karon is bigger, but both have many entertainment, shopping and other activities available. I'll look around for you some more. I also visit Patong a lot right now, so will check it out.