Options After Finishing A 3 Year Ed Visa?

You get up to 3 years of ED visa for studying Thai language. Then what?

I know you can study another language for another 3 years. I'm doing that now. But what about after that?

I'm told you can get 3 more years if you study at their other branch in another city. I suppose it might also work if you studied at another school in the same city.

Can anybody confirm this? Any body actually done this?

Most Schools (including the one I go to in Hua Hin) now offer 5 years, if yours doesn't then look around for one that does, the School should take care of any paperwork required for changing Schools.

There is no need to change City

Thanks a lot guys.

So basically I can choose any school in BKK that provides ED visas. I thought it was the Ministry of Education that had a 3 year maximum for studying a language. But looks like it was just my school only had 3 years of courses.

Thanks a lot guys.

So basically I can choose any school in BKK that provides ED visas. I thought it was the Ministry of Education that had a 3 year maximum for studying a language. But looks like it was just my school only had 3 years of courses.

I DO NOT Know 100%, but thought the 3 years maximum for studying was on the same Visa, you then need to go out of Thailand and get another ED Visa for the next 3 years.

The maximum length of the courses are set by the MOE. Some schools have only courses approved for 3 years, some for 5. The school that I quoted above is approved for five years. You actually only get a cirricilum that covers 3 years, but you can repeat years 1 and 2 to improve your proficiency.

The maximum length of the courses are set by the MOE. Some schools have only courses approved for 3 years, some for 5. The school that I quoted above is approved for five years. You actually only get a cirricilum that covers 3 years, but you can repeat years 1 and 2 to improve your proficiency.

CTLS looks great. I wish it was practical for me but its pretty far from where I live :( I'll have to go with one of the ones around Sukhumvit, which seem to be maximum 3 years.