7-Eleven' Pork Products Contain Chicken

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spicy Minced Pork with Sticky Rice Burger contained 12.5% of pork, and surprisingly 7.5% of chicken

It's the 80% sawdust content I object to.

Don't even want to think about the other 80%. Why is this geezer complaining? The product labeled chicken as an ingredient so all he has to do is read it to check. If(IF) they have allergies they should always do this. I suspect the discomfort was down to the fact that if you eat crap you feel like crap.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if 7-Eleven's pork products even contained pork.

That is why I stay away from processed meats. Especially here in Thailand. You just never know what you are eating. And most processed meats are very high in cholesterol which isn't good either.

In a country where people will eat anything that craws, slithers, hops, slops along the bottom of filthy rivers etc etc; why is someone worried about a bit of Chicken in their Pork? It's all washed down with copious amounts of booze which will kill them anyway. Morons !

• Like 1

In a country where people will eat anything that craws, slithers, hops, slops along the bottom of filthy rivers etc etc; why is someone worried about a bit of Chicken in their Pork? It's all washed down with copious amounts of booze which will kill them anyway. Morons !

Hmmm, you don't live here but have been scolded eh. coffee1.gif

Frankly, I don't believe that ANY chilled or frozen burger on sale in Thailand, outside of a gourmet restaurant (think 300 baht+ burger) would contain as much as TWENTY PERCENT MEAT(!!!!), even if those are 2 different meats. By the way, when they say "pork meat" or "chicken meat", they mean "pork intestines", "chicken eyeballs", etc., when they refer to burgers in Thailand. Hey, eyeballs are not vegetables, so therefore they are meat. What are you complaining about?

The "meat" in chicken and pork "products" is often chicken offal and pork offal. Thai processed food ingredients should come as no surprise to Thais or Thai residents/visitors. The amount of food sickness and food poisoning cases in Thailand is incredible. No one publishes accurate figures on the number of emergency admissions of food and drink related sickness. Not only food, but bacteria on plates, pots, silverware, packageware..stocking shelves, ...etc.Thailand is a very high risk place. If you make it back to your kitchenette burner with your Thai prepared food, eat, and wake up the next day in good shape, drop to your knees immediately and pray and offer thanks to whatever God you think there might be even as an experiment. Buyer beware in Thailand.

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't believe that ANY chilled or frozen burger on sale in Thailand, outside of a gourmet restaurant (think 300 baht+ burger) would contain as much as TWENTY PERCENT MEAT(!!!!), even if those are 2 different meats. By the way, when they say "pork meat" or "chicken meat", they mean "pork intestines", "chicken eyeballs", etc., when they refer to burgers in Thailand. Hey, eyeballs are not vegetables, so therefore they are meat. What are you complaining about?

The "meat" in chicken and pork "products" is often chicken offal and pork offal. Thai processed food ingredients should come as no surprise to Thais or Thai residents/visitors. The amount of food sickness and food poisoning cases in Thailand is incredible. No one publishes accurate figures on the number of emergency admissions of food and drink related sickness. Not only food, but bacteria on plates, pots, silverware, packageware..stocking shelves, ...etc.Thailand is a very high risk place. If you make it back to your kitchenette burner with your Thai prepared food, eat, and wake up the next day in good shape, drop to your knees immediately and pray and offer thanks to whatever God you think there might be even as an experiment. Buyer beware in Thailand.

I like the foot long chicken hot dogs from 7/11. They may have lizard meat in them for all I know but they still taste good.

• Like 2

I heard it has the side effect that when you eat that pork/chicken you start badmouthing other people for no reason.

Idiots everywhere who fail to label correctly should be jailed for a long time!

It might well be that a person is allergic to chicken and there have certainly been incidents of foods containing peanuts causing a serious problem.

No problematic peanuts here though, why do you bring that up?

I like the foot long chicken hot dogs from 7/11. They may have lizard meat in them for all I know but they still taste good.

Not too much tastes bad at 3am after a night on the soup...

You're probably right but it has been so long since I was up past 9pm I can't remember.

"Have you seen where they rear those KFC chickens and how much anti-biotics are in the cuts of meat? Yuk!"

GentlemanJim,

I am more than glad to say I have never, and nor do I ever want to, see(n) "where they rear those KFC chickens" !!!

Wot! No horse?

There is a buffet restaurant next door to my place that serves horse. The ladies at the table took lots of it thinking it was pork, then I had to eat the lot to avoid a 30 baht surcharge for not finishing our food.

It was oddly sweet, I'd prefer chicken or duck.

The person who opened the conversation claimed that he was allergic to poultry and had just discovered why he had felt physically uncomfortable every time he consumed the product. This sentence makes for good reading if your mind is set to the wrong side of the line. Like a Welshman being nervous around sheep etc... It's not only Thailand who has fallen fowl of this. I'll get my coat. biggrin.png

hey y.leave us out of it that" gets my goat"

taffy.

"Have you seen where they rear those KFC chickens and how much anti-biotics are in the cuts of meat? Yuk!"

GentlemanJim,

I am more than glad to say I have never, and nor do I ever want to, see(n) "where they rear those KFC chickens" !!!

That makes two of us.