7-Eleven' Pork Products Contain Chicken

webfact

Seven-Eleven's pork products contain chicken
By Praj Kiatpongsan

IMG_4011-578x433.jpg
Spicy Minced Pork with Sticky Rice Burger

BANGKOK: -- Thai netizens have been passionately debating about whether or not it is correct for some 7-11 pork products to have chicken on their ingredient lists.

A Pantip user created a forum thread last week, expressing his disappointment with 7-11 after he had found out that Spicy Minced Pork with Sticky Rice Burger contained 12.5% of pork, and surprisingly 7.5% of chicken.

The person who opened the conversation claimed that he was allergic to poultry and had just discovered why he had felt physically uncomfortable every time he consumed the product.

The thread drew over 320 comments, which fell roughly into two groups. The supporters of the thread creator said that 7-11 should not have labeled their products as pork when chicken constituted up to 30% of the meat.

Full story: http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/random/seven-elevens-pork-products-contain-chicken/

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-03-14

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person who opened the conversation claimed that he was allergic to
poultry and had just discovered why he had felt physically uncomfortable
every time he consumed the product.

I dare to guess what all the other ingredients are?bah.gif I am sure that had nothing to do with that uncomfortable feeling.

• Like 1

GentlemanJim - I have spent 4 months of my life on chicken farms in THailand, where they raise the chicken that goes further on to KFC (and lots of other places) - I can tell you that it's very much a controlled environment and not so horrendous as the industry bashers try to show it. I'm not advocating the mislabeling or using other types of meat, where it says "pork", but generalizing is a flawed way to judge things.

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't believe that ANY chilled or frozen burger on sale in Thailand, outside of a gourmet restaurant (think 300 baht+ burger) would contain as much as TWENTY PERCENT MEAT(!!!!), even if those are 2 different meats. By the way, when they say "pork meat" or "chicken meat", they mean "pork intestines", "chicken eyeballs", etc., when they refer to burgers in Thailand. Hey, eyeballs are not vegetables, so therefore they are meat. What are you complaining about?

• Like 1

Imagine the stink if it turns out the chicken products contain pork.

Imagine the stink if it turns out the chicken products contain pork.

Look you cannot fault them as the animals are similar to look at, anyone can make a mistake

The person who opened the conversation claimed that he was allergic to

poultry and had just discovered why he had felt physically uncomfortable

every time he consumed the product.

I dare to guess what all the other ingredients are?bah.gif I am sure that had nothing to do with that uncomfortable feeling.

I can't really understand why the original poster on pantip would continue to eat them, knowing they made him feel unwell.

"Gods, I feel ill after eating that - I think I will have another.......".

• Like 1

The person who opened the conversation claimed that he was allergic to poultry and had just discovered why he had felt physically uncomfortable every time he consumed the product.

This sentence makes for good reading if your mind is set to the wrong side of the line.

Like a Welshman being nervous around sheep etc...

It's not only Thailand who has fallen fowl of this.

I'll get my coat.

:D

• Like 1

A bloke I knew who was one of the "You don't know what they put in that sh@t" and Why'd you eat that cr@p" used to put about 10 Changs and most of a bottle of scotch away a day.

Obviously treated his body like a temple.......

• Like 1

So fast food is full of crap let alone the lethal cancer chemicals, well that comes as a skock. Next they will be suggesting that guzzling offensive amounts of soda also isn't good for you. Doesn't CP own 7-11?

So fast food is full of crap let alone the lethal cancer chemicals, well that comes as a skock. Next they will be suggesting that guzzling offensive amounts of soda also isn't good for you. Doesn't CP own 7-11?

Japanese, with lage headquarters also in USA.