Thai Id Card

deanjames

Hello

I have a good freind in thailand whos mum is from Cambodia and Dad from Laos but has lived in Buriylam all her life.

The situation is that she has no ID card and works/stays illeagaly in Thailand, thus meaning she can never get a proper job or leave the country and lives in constant fear of being deported.

Question is, how would one go about helping her out to get registered as a Thai or Laos or whatever?

Her parents wont help her and she doesnt even know how to help herself and is too scared to even talk about it to anybody in Thailand.

I know this is a tall order but can somebody give me some pointers on what I can do help help get her on track.

She doesnt want to and shouldnt have to sell her body forever, her father wont help as he probably thinks the money she sends him will stop if she gets herself an identity.

Any advice is much appreciated

Dean

Hello

I have a good freind in thailand whos mum is from Cambodia and Dad from Laos but has lived in Buriylam all her life.

The situation is that she has no ID card and works/stays illeagaly in Thailand, thus meaning she can never get a proper job or leave the country and lives in constant fear of being deported.

Question is, how would one go about helping her out to get registered as a Thai or Laos or whatever?

Her parents wont help her and she doesnt even know how to help herself and is too scared to even talk about it to anybody in Thailand.

I know this is a tall order but can somebody give me some pointers on what I can do help help get her on track.

She doesnt want to and shouldnt have to sell her body forever, her father wont help as he probably thinks the money she sends him will stop if she gets herself an identity.

Dean

Dean, something just dosent sound right here. Was your friend born in Buriram? Are her parents living in Buriram (or anywhere in Thailand)? Does her parents have ID cards? The reason I ask, is simply because many families living in the Buriram (and obviously other) area, are in a similar situation. IE. parents from Laos and or Cambodia, and they do not have any ID problems.

Hello

Dean

Dean, something just dosent sound right here. Was your friend born in Buriram? Are her parents living in Buriram (or anywhere in Thailand)? Does her parents have ID cards? The reason I ask, is simply because many families living in the Buriram (and obviously other) area, are in a similar situation. IE. parents from Laos and or Cambodia, and they do not have any ID problems.

Check out similar question/ topics in the Visa section; re: Thai Citizenship...

dseawarrior