Thai Yellow Shirt Airport Protesters To Face Trial

Lite Beer

They should have been tried years ago and given the max penalty that way the reds might have given a second thought to their attempted rebellion.

Perhaps if the earlier offending 2007 Red Shirts had been tried years ago and given the max penalty, perhaps both the yellows in 2008 and the reds (on two major subsequent occurrences in 2009 and 2010) might have both had second thoughts.

Perhaps without a coup in 2006, we would never have to go through all these trouble

Never thought about that ?

_

Sure, and perhaps without a bizarre outcome on the concealment of assets in 2001, we would have never gone through all these troubles.

However, with focusing on the sequel of violent actions that were being addressed in the foregoing posts, we're left with the initial Red Shirt actions of 2007 going unpunished as the precursor to subsequent colored shirts actions.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They should have been tried years ago and given the max penalty that way the reds might have given a second thought to their attempted rebellion.

Perhaps if the earlier offending 2007 Red Shirts had been tried years ago and given the max penalty, perhaps both the yellows in 2008 and the reds (on two major subsequent occurrences in 2009 and 2010) might have both had second thoughts.

Perhaps without a coup in 2006, we would never have to go through all these trouble

_

Sure, and perhaps without a bizarre outcome on the concealment of assets in 2001, we would have never gone through all these troubles.

However, with focusing on the sequel of violent actions that were being addressed in the foregoing posts, we're left with the initial Red Shirt actions of 2007 going unpunished as the precursor to subsequent colored shirts actions.

For people like you a military coup is something acceptable.

For people like me fighting against a military dictatorship is something acceptable.

Let's agree to disagree.

_

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 2

_

For people like me fighting against a military dictatorship is something acceptable.

Let's agree to disagree.

We can agree that you choose, for the second straight post, to attempt to switch away from what we are discussing (red shirt and yellow shirt violence).

It must be that we're on to something that makes "people like you" that support red shirt violence, uncomfortable.

Edited by Buchholz

Perhaps without our most popular criminal fugitive being very busy in 2006 to control all and target anyone against him we would never had to go through all these troubles.

Let's agree to disagree.

_

I don't think what generally separates people on this matter is how acceptable they feel coups to be - i think pretty much everyone agrees that coups have no place in functioning democracies - what separates people concerns rather who or what they feel is responsible for a coup occurring.

_

Personally I think if the RTP didnt turn a blind eye to the constant attack on the PAD camping site outside the Parliment in 2006, then the precedent of using firearms in protests for the redshirts. It also wouldnt have forced the PAD to find a safer place to protest.

PS: Jurgen the coup is over, Thaksin is back in power get over it and get back on topic.

Edited by waza

In 2005 I was happy working in Thailand. I didn't really care about Thaksin or the democrats. To be honest at that time you ask me who I support, I would have say the democrats. Not that I knew much about Thai politic but everybody around me was supporting the democrats so I guess if the people I chose to associate with prefer the democrats so should I.

Then some people started talking about a coup. I was not so happy with that. Thailand was a great country, an oasis of democracy in a middle of authoritarian countries.

The yellows managed to destroy that country.

Fast forward 2013. For the past two years we are back to where we were in 2006. People are happy. You talk to people everywhere they are quite satisfied with their life.

Personally I don't really care if the yellows go to jail or not. They don't matter anymore.

We should focus on building the future. That what really matters

_

the 'Chinese Thai' are creating havoc in Thailand with their political feuds. Sondhi is Chinese , not original Thai.

Quite a pathetic post. You do realise that most Thais have a Chinese ancestry . . . yes, of course you did

'Chinese', 'Original Thai' . . . clap2.gif

Fast forward 2013. For the past two years we are back to where we were in 2006. People are happy. You talk to people everywhere they are quite satisfied with their life.

In well over a decade of living in Thailand, with all the various ups and downs that have occurred along the way in that time, i have found Thais generally a happy bunch at all times, even when their backs have been up against the wall, as they surely were in 2011 with the floods. I think this happiness you speak of that you believe existed in 2006 and you believe has existed for the last two years, but that disappeared between those two times (ie the period when Thaksin was not in control of the country), is nothing more than a figment of your imagination... a projection of your own feelings onto other people.

In well over a decade of living in Thailand, with all the various ups and downs that have occurred along the way in that time, i have found Thais generally a happy bunch at all times, even when their backs have been up against the wall, as they surely were in 2011 with the floods. I think this happiness you speak of that you believe existed in 2006 and you believe has existed for the last two years, but that disappeared between those two times (ie the period when Thaksin was not in control of the country), is nothing more than a figment of your imagination... a projection of your own feelings onto other people.

If you're been here for the time you say, you have witnessed the rage and and the hatred that was goiing through the social medias a while ago.

No more.

We are back to 2005.

Of course there are still some political division but the excesses that was created by Sondhi are gone. Nobody call for a coup anymore.

You don't like Thaksin, fine, but you have to admit when he is in charge Thailand enjoys peace and prosperity.

• Like 1

If you're been here for the time you say, you have witnessed the rage and and the hatred that was goiing through the social medias a while ago.

No more.

We are back to 2005.

Of course there are still some political division but the excesses that was created by Sondhi are gone. Nobody call for a coup anymore.

You don't like Thaksin, fine, but you have to admit when he is in charge Thailand enjoys peace and prosperity.

Peace, (global) prosperity, massive corruption, opposition persecution, extra-judicial killings...................the good old days!

• Like 1

Well I think terrorism charges are fitting - considering that they burnt down Thailand's biggest airport and acted in a violent and aggressive manner that endangered many lives and led to needless deaths

I gave above a like, as I thought it was brilliant sarcasm. Then I saw a number of replies that made me doubt.

If it is intended to be sarcasm, then I like the post.

I recall the airport occupations were non-violent, sit ins. I don't think anything was burned down, nor anybody died. It was a huge inconvenience, but that was all.

I searched on the web and there seems to be no universally accepted definition of terrorism. All however point at use of violence as a means of coercion. The coercion bit matched the the airport blockades, but there was generally no violence. Ergo it was no Terrorism.

And Yes, I think it would be fair to put these guys on trial, as they broke the law, period.

Red shirts later on however burnt the city and tried to coerce the then government with means of violence, so these "terrorists" and the people behind them should be tried as well.