How Long Should Battery Last From New In A Pick-Up

banglay

Hello All.

How long should battery last from new in my 3.2 ltr diesel pick-up.

My usage is less than 6000 km per year and only short journeys with A/C on full.?

And what price should I be looking at to replace it with a good named brand.?

cheers

h

Boliden, seems to be better the standard batteries here. At work the in house motor gimp tells me they last twice as long as GS/3K/Panasonic

Agree Boliden, and 2 years for basic water filled battery though folk will post here theres lasted 5, but that is not the norm.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above, anything over two years is bonus time. When the battery is getting close to the end of its useful service life, if you listen to the starter cranking sound you might notice it becomes gradually slower. In my experience you've got about two weeks before the truck won't start at all and a replacement battery is due - that is if its used as a daily driver.

Edited by Pomthai
  • Like 1

Forgot. When you turn off the engine under hood temperature rises before it cools, which heats everything including the battery, so now when l get home l lift the hood to help stop the heat up and perhaps extend battery life. smile.png

• Like 1

Looks like I am on borrowed time ....my pick-ups has just turned 4 years old

thanks for all the positive responses it is very much appreciated

Cheer clap2.gif

I had 8 years with the same battery the original one from the isuzu factory .

And it still wasn t al that bad but the misses left the lights on for a hole day and that must have unloaded it to far

Suprised me a lot and I thought it was the lack of never have to do a real cold start like in my home country.

There they al go down in 3 /4 years