Tiger "temple Of Lies" - A Follow Up Report...

wilcopops

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation;violation: the rape of the countryside.

I'd be glad if people remembered that animals are not the equals of humans.

I'm in favor of safeguarding animal species and the environment, but with the goal of conservation for man's benefit, not for the benefit of the anthropomorphist idea of "Nature".

Thanks to treehuggers, Switzerland's last dolphins will be sold away at the end of the year, import has been banned by Law. This is just plain wrong. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the tigers.

Are you for real !!!!

Whilst I agree that animals are not equal with humans on some levels, your idea that conservation should only be carried out for the benefit of man is the stupidest comment I have heard in a long while.
Do you seriously believe that everything in the natural world is there for us the plunder and rape ??
This is not our planet, whatever you think we are an integral part of one big eco system. The planet will survive no matter what we do. We won't survive for much longer with attitudes like yours..

Unless you were just trying to wind people up, it which case, nice one...
"plunder and rape" are not applyable to animals, since these terms describe criminal human behavior towards other humans or other humans' property.

"This is not our planet" ok, whose is it?

"whatever you think we are an integral part of one big eco system." agree with that. so we have to preserve the ecosystem for our benefit.

"The planet will survive no matter what we do." partly agree, but the "planet" will not "survive". it simply does not care about anything, because it doesn't have a conscience. The planet will be destroyed no matter what we do. We can make a nuclear war down here, there is nobody to care about it, except us because we would have destroyed ourselves.
and in some billion years the planet will disappear anyway with the next cosmic event, and maybe humanity will have found a way to migrate away before it happens.

playing anthropomorphism on the planet is nonsense.

seriously, dump Rousseau and read more Descartes.

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation;violation: the rape of the countryside.

The planet was here long before us, it is not 'our' planet just because we are supposedly the most intelligent species.

We will end up destroying ourselves but the planet will recover, it what form who knows.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation;violation: [/size]the rape of the countryside.[/size]

any of these words only makes sense when used relatively to a human subject or in an action involving humans. "rape of the countryside" is an anthropomorphic allegory describing the feelings of the person saying/writing it rather than an objective description of what actually happens.

feelings are counter-productive when it comes to policy making.

The planet was here long before us, it is not 'our' planet just because we are supposedly the most intelligent species.

We will end up destroying ourselves but the planet will recover, it what form who knows.

How long the planet has existed is hardly relevant.

Humans get the benefits, profits off the planet (crops, minerals, etc.), humans are 100% dominant on the planet and humas can make any decision they like about the planet and act as they see fit.

The above corresponds with the legal concepts of ownership - fructus, usus, abusus.

"Ownership" is another term that only makes sense in relation to humans (or to other intelligent species/persons that are yet to be discovered) - so the only way to correctly define ownership or non-ownership is through human legal concepts.

Edited by manarak

I'm in favor of safeguarding animal species and the environment, but with the goal of conservation for man's benefit, not for the benefit of the anthropomorphist idea of "Nature".

Thanks to treehuggers, Switzerland's last dolphins will be sold away at the end of the year, import has been banned by Law. This is just plain wrong. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the tigers.

Are dolphins native to Switzerland?
yes - at least two were born in the delphinarium

As Switzerland is landlocked I very much doubt that dolphins are native to that country. Perhaps there are dolphins who live in Switzerland. If so they must obviously live in some sort of human contrived place. Say an aquatic zoo?

Are dolphins native to Switzerland?
yes - at least two were born in the delphinarium
As Switzerland is landlocked I very much doubt that dolphins are native to that country. Perhaps there are dolphins who live in Switzerland. If so they must obviously live in some sort of human contrived place. Say an aquatic zoo?
I wrote "Delphinarium".

But that's hardly relevant - preserving dolphins in their natural habitat does not exclude some of them from living in acquatic zoos with adequate installations...

I don't see why this should not be allowed. Both can be done at the same time.

BTW, the average lifespan of a dolphin is much longer in zoos than in the wild.

Edited by manarak

"There are some things in this world we can't change- gravity, entropy, the speed of light, and our biological nature that requires clean air, clean water, clean soil, clean energy and biodiversity for our health and well being. Protecting the biosphere should be our highest priority or else we sicken and die. Other things, like capitalism, free enterprise, the economy, currency, the market, are not forces of nature, we invented them. They are not immutable and we can change them. It makes no sense to elevate economics above the biosphere"

David Suzuki

• Like 1

"There are some things in this world we can't change- gravity, entropy, the speed of light, and our biological nature that requires clean air, clean water, clean soil, clean energy and biodiversity for our health and well being. Protecting the biosphere should be our highest priority or else we sicken and die. Other things, like capitalism, free enterprise, the economy, currency, the market, are not forces of nature, we invented them. They are not immutable and we can change them. It makes no sense to elevate economics above the biosphere"

David Suzuki

That's totally compatible with my thinking.

And there is no relationship between the tiger temple and the biosphere.

Nice pic Colonel!

The truth is that Edwin and 'Wilcopops' will sporadically hit forums to press their agenda/BS and try to get more customers, setting themselves up as great the 'defenders' of Thai wildlife.

The snag for them is that there are people with real jobs in Thailand concerned with wildlife who do know better and hound them off said forums (or fora if you will).

As can be seen here and in other similar threads on the Tiger Temple.

• Like 2