If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

soi41

When the police extorts 300 bath from me for an imaginary traffic offence, I complain about it on this forum.

That happens once a year.

The other 364 days (365 in a leap year), the police does not extort 300 bath from me, but I do not post that - so in the OP's view I am a never-happy-winger.

Do not tempt me, I might start posting daily.....

You have got every reason to be upset ! w00t.gif The going rate for imaginary traffic-offences is only 200 baht coffee1.gif

are you a police man?

Just ride a bike round with your helmet out and you'll son know what an imaginary 200bht fine is..

CCC

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the police extorts 300 bath from me for an imaginary traffic offence, I complain about it on this forum.

That happens once a year.

The other 364 days (365 in a leap year), the police does not extort 300 bath from me, but I do not post that - so in the OP's view I am a never-happy-winger.

Do not tempt me, I might start posting daily.....

You have got every reason to be upset ! w00t.gif The going rate for imaginary traffic-offences is only 200 baht coffee1.gif

are you a police man?

Just ride a bike round with your helmet out and you'll son know what an imaginary 200bht fine is..

CCC

That is the fine for a driving offence - not extortion.

Think about why many people left their home country in the first place.

Familiarity breeds contempt

Another crybaby trollish thread

because someone with the skin of a week old grape

is perplexed and exasperated by some negativity tucked away deep within a internet forum.

Life's little mysteries

running a business here without a skirt doing everything for me, is rather very stressful and unpleasant experience.

Simple things are made difficult, staff problems, supplier problems and list goes on.

Naturally if i read some OP where i can relate to an unpleasant experience, i will be posting my experience, just as if i read a pleasant experience and i can relate to it, i will also post that.

You know, you have my sympathy, and my admiration. There is simply no way I could run a business here dealing with Thais and Thailand. It takes something special to be able to do that full-time. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing, but you have got it and I haven't.

My experience has always been that if a majority of people has the same opinion about any subject that there must be some truth in it.

Which brings me back to my original question: Why live here ?

All can not be caught in a catch 22 situation. Or does the 700 baht hookers (w00t.gif ) compensate for all the other Thailands shortcomings?

My experience has always been that if a majority of people has the same opinion about any subject that there must be some truth in it.

Which brings me back to my original question: Why live here ?

All can not be caught in a catch 22 situation. Or does the 700 baht hookers (w00t.gif ) compensate for all the other Thailands shortcomings?

In many cases-yes.

In many cases, returning home is not an option because they no longer have a home, ie sold it.

In many cases, they hate home just as much as they hate here, so it does not make any difference.

In many cases, there could be something holding people back, kids, wife or whatever. In my case, even if i had enough and wanted to return, i can not because i have 10 animals and would never leave them behind and taking them with me back to Oz is almost impossible as costs alone would run into $200 000-$300 000

I don't hate 'Thailand'.

I just don't like Thai culture, society or the average Thai.

Which is why I'm perfectly happy having almost zero interaction with them while living here in a nice, pretty country. smile.png

Works for me. But I guess haters gonna hate. wink.png

If I remember correctly from your earlier posts here, you are Thai married and have a 50/50 child. You are going to have an intesting marriage, if you are showing no interest in your wifes culture and background. Not to mention, you are not making life easier for yourself.

I don't think anyone actually hates Thailand. I just think they get frustrated by obvious problems here that should be evident to everyone. And, if their finances and love life isn't going so well then it is easy to be bitter about everything in general.

• Like 2

I don't hate 'Thailand'.

Which is why I'm perfectly happy having almost zero interaction with them while living here in a nice, pretty country. smile.png

If I remember correctly from your earlier posts here, you are Thai married and have a 50/50 child. You are going to have an intesting marriage, if you are showing no interest in your wifes culture and background. Not to mention, you are not making life easier for yourself.

Yes, I'm 33 and I've been married here for 5 years. Child coming soon. Luckily she (the wife) is one of the non-retarded Thais and has almost less to do with the average Thai than I do. wink.png

When you get one of them, you're set for life. smile.png

Edited by Almera
  • Like 2

I don't hate 'Thailand'.

I think separating yourself from that culture could add to the success of the marriage.

you are an Elite Card member and think that it has a strong program and the benefits are worth it.

I remember you even defending the Elite Card.

Says a lot about why EVERYTHING in Thailand is rose smell and moonshine in your eyes.

You mean that someone actually got suckered into that? :huh:

:cheesy:

I don't hate 'Thailand'.

If I remember correctly from your earlier posts, you are an Elite Card member and think that it has a strong program and the benefits are worth it.

I remember you even defending the Elite Card.

Says a lot about why EVERYTHING in Thailand is rose smell and moonshine in your eyes.

Yes you remember correctly. And to ME it has been worth every baht !

No the rose smell comes from, when moving here I did it a 100%. Burned all the bridges to back home. Bought a house here, opened a business, which was a succes straight away. We now have 2 shops with more than 40 Thais working for us. Against all "good advice" I invested in SET, was in on the crash 2007, which to me was a buying opportunity. So over 10 years I have more than doubled my money. Profit from the shops went in to a rental house by the beach. Fully booked for more than 5 years. So Thailand has been good to me. If you can't beat them, join them. They could close the Elitecard tomorrow, wouldn't make any difference to me. This is not to brag, just saying if you bring something to the table yourself, Thailand is a very good country to do business in. Unless you like Mr cheap-Nissan choose to stay on the sidelines.

Can we please give the Elitecard a rest now, as it really is between the cardholders and TPC.

Bought a house here, opened a business, which was a success straight away. We now have 2 shops with more than 40 Thais working for us.

Thai Visa 101.

If you only have two shops after 10 years+ of trying you're doing something wrong mate. ;)

OP - if you hate TV why do you paticipate?

Be a good boy now and take your medication. And after a good nights sleep, try to read my opening post again whistling.gif

What's to read again. You're being judgmental toward others but refuse to consider your own hypocrisy. You complain about TV, but yet here you are.

Just because I have problems with my own war-mongering government doesn't mean I don't love my country. And just because I have a problem with xenophobia and blatant disregard for the laws of THIS VERY LAND by its own citizens, doesn't mean I don't love Thailand.

hahaha -- you thought you had a soap box to stand on, but it turns out it's labeled S H I T.

Edited by aTomsLife
  • Like 2

Negative comments often with good reason.

How about "ISO" for companies?? what I hear you ask? well my Wife used to work for a co. a long time ago and they got their ISO cert by paying the man off so how do you think the air safety issue is?? no one paid off?

We did the same 14 years ago with my company in Australia, we BOUGHT it.... getting around things is not Thai centric

do you think that would work with air safety in Australia................

Yes there's 2 extreme camps: 1) those who can never see any good here and moan and whinge all the time 2) those who will not hear a bad word about Thailand and anyone that does say something negative "should go home if they don't like it". Both have their ironies.

For those who won't hear a single bad word about Thailand, the irony there's a bit more subtle, but also more amusing. There'll probably always be moaners and whingers in Thailand living here - that's part of life here - so if they don't like it, shouldn't they follow their own advice and go home too laugh.png

• Like 2

Yes there's 2 extreme camps: 1) those who can never see any good here and moan and whinge all the time 2) those who will not hear a bad word about Thailand and anyone that does say something negative "should go home if they don't like it".

And me happily in between.

Living in a beautiful country.

But as I do not suffer fools have almost nothing to do with the local populace, other than using their great for value services from time to time.

Perfect. :)

• Like 1

The key point for me is that - whether it's Thailand or Malaysia or Indonesia - nothing I say is going to make any difference whatsoever. Even the locals often feel powerless - I've seen variations on 'mai pen rai' in each of the above. The problem, as I see it, is that when the locals do finally decide they've had enough, things get nasty in a very big way - even nastier than the rioting in Britain a couple of years back.

I'd be really interested to know what percentage of 'serial whingers' live in Bangkok - I doubt that anyone who lives in a city of that size is going to be a wide-eyed optimist. Still, give any of them a week in Jakarta and I guarantee they would see the Big Mango in a whole new light. Too many people in one place is never a recipe for happy chappies.

I agree with some of the earlier comments; it's good to get things off your chest on here once in a while. Most of my time in Thailand is spent only in Thai company and they don't understand my perspective.

I do have a drip sometimes but I also do love Thailand and miss it every time I have to go abroad.

You really should have a health professional check that out for you.

I agree with some of the earlier comments; it's good to get things off your chest on here once in a while. Most of my time in Thailand is spent only in Thai company and they don't understand my perspective.

I do have a drip sometimes but I also do love Thailand and miss it every time I have to go abroad.

You really should let a DOC check that out for you.

Bought a house here, opened a business, which was a success straight away. We now have 2 shops with more than 40 Thais working for us.

Thai Visa 101.

If you only have two shops after 10 years+ of trying you're doing something wrong mate. wink.png

So your empire could be run by 2 or 3 Westerners then?

I don't hate 'Thailand'.

This mirrors my sentiments almost exactly.

The is nothing wrong with living here, minding your own business and having a nice peaceful life.

I also despise having to deal with any of the locals in any way shape or form.

It would be interesting to hear from the posters that "love Thailand" how long they've been here.

I have been here 15 years and don't think i would live anywhere else however had i know 15 years ago what i know now about the country & people i would not have stayed!

• Like 2