Retirement Visa Renewal In Nakhon Sawan

Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office provides a courteous, friendly, efficient and professional atmosphere whenever I've had to do Visa, re-entry and reporting services. I usually present them with a neat package of completed t.s. form, signed passport copies, income letter from the US Embassy, picture, and yellow house book copy when applying for my Retirement renewal stamp. This time, however, I was presented with two additional steps in order to get the stamp. At the first station I was asked to sign an additional form stating that I agreed to abide by the laws of Thailand and any infraction would result in the loss of Visa and possible deportation. Never had to do that in the past. The second puzzle occurred at the last station. The woman asked me if I was traveling alone to Immigration. I told her my wife was outside waiting for me. She then requested that I go get my wife and when we were all seated at the desk she asked to see and copy my wife's ID card and also sign the notarized income affidavit letter from the Embassy. Got the renewal with no problem but I thought the "wife" thing was a little strange. Can anyone comment on this? Is this a common policy at other Immigration offices or some new policies in effect?

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

First form was likely the loss of original status/reason for extension is immediate loss of extension understanding that offices have been asking people to sign since last year sometime. Although could be a new form as they change often.

As for wife income is joint property so perhaps wants to be sure wife knows your status. I had to have wife attend when I changed from marriage to retirement extensions because of the joint property provisions of Thai law to make sure she was aware of the status change.

I did my retirement extension in Nakhon Sawan in November. My wife was with me and they talked continuosly during the process. I had to sign a similar form. When it came to my Income Affidavit she accepted it as is without my wife signing or me having to provide any backup financial data. She did say that they fall under the Chaing Mai office and that CM was having some "problems" with the letters. I did not prusue finding out what the "problems" were since I did not have any updated financial info with me and she had already stamped the extension in my passport.

Edited by wayned