Smog 'red Alert' For North Thailand

Lite Beer

But interesting to see first hand yesterday the so called micro-climates that exist around Lamphun, I posted elsewhere that we were in a temple in Lamphun when we looked up and realised we were in the clear blue with completely fresh air, anyone else seen this or anyone from Lamphun for comment?

Last night it was DEFINITELY not clear. There was a football game on, and in the floodlights the air was opaque.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have an engineer chum here who bought an old vacum cleaner motor and rigged it up to run full time drawing air from the outside into his apartment (through a filter). That, combined with the use of Hepa filters on top of his air con filters made for a wonderfully clean apartment and surprisingly fresh air, even during the worse bparts fo the burning season, apparently the air drawn in from the outside made for positive air pressure in the room, which then allowed the air con filters to do their work properly, am unsure how much his electric bills were however! smile.png.

I had a friend who bought an old vacum cleaner--Her name was !!!!---sorry for that--on topic should read SMOKE-putting smog sounds nice

The smog extends at least as far south as Uttaradit. When I visited the village, the air was as thick as in C M. Villagers burning off brush as fast as possible, and one HUGE fire seen from the hills. Defo no fire ban down there.

On the positive side, the bright red moon was amazing to see.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1