Best English Brekkie In Chiang Mai

bkkmadness

Yep, you know the deal, proper english sausage, bacon etc etc. :o

And the best place is............?

The Irish Bar near Rasta bar street (just off Thapae gate). 200thb but what a breaky, used to go there with my giks before I was married...awwww the happy days.

The full works, even a nice cuppa to wash it down. Nowhere beats it in CM I can promise you that. Many have tried to no avail. :D

Edited by lopburiguy

Yep, you know the deal, proper english sausage, bacon etc etc. :o

And the best place is............?

The Irish Bar near Rasta bar street (just off Thapae gate). 200thb but what a breaky, used to go there with my giks before I was married...awwww the happy days.

The full works, even a nice cuppa to wash it down. Nowhere beats it in CM I can promise you that. Many have tried to no avail. :D

Irish Pub is on Ratvithi rd... enjoy :D

Amazing Sandwich is pretty good - at least their sausage is real and not a bleached hot dog. And they even serve breakfast with baked beans.

Personally I think their sausages and baked beans are the only items of theirs worth a mention.

Amazing Sandwich is pretty good - at least their sausage is real and not a bleached hot dog. And they even serve breakfast with baked beans.

Personally I think their sausages and baked beans are the only items of theirs worth a mention.

Oh...I guess me too, although eggs are eggs anywhere...

This is just a guess - being American and all - but the Laughing Leprechan on Moon Muang Road near John's Place Bar has good quality Irish and British pub food and the owner is a heck of a nice guy.

The all-day breakfast looks good! :o

The Laughing Leprechaun has the best breakfast that I have had in Thailand not just in Chiang Mai, the owner is a really nice guy and very helpful.

Mad Dog and UN Irish both have a good breakfast but the Leprechaun is definitely the most genuine English/Irish breakfast about.

JxP

Haven't tried the Leprachaun brekkie yet, but the Queen Vic is otherwise the best in town for mine. Maybe not the nicest pub, and the sausages may be small, but it's real good.

Definately the biggest serve around, and don't normally finish it, but must try The Laughing Leprechaun soon....

I would appreciate if people avoid using the following terms:

Bangers for Bangkok

Changers for Chiang Mai

Brekkie (shouldn't that be breakkie?) for breakfast

I TOTALLY agree.

Also, please don't call San Francisco, "Frisco" or Pattaya, "Patters". :o

> Because I resist the urge toward unfantalism, I would appreciate if people

> avoid using the following terms:

> Bangers for Bangkok

> Changers for Chiang Mai

Okay.

How about Honkers and Singers and Phukers then?

Cheers,

Chanchao (from Dongers, on the road to Smoengers)

> Because I resist the urge toward unfantalism, I would appreciate if people

> avoid using the following terms:

> Bangers for Bangkok

> Changers for Chiang Mai

Okay.

How about Phukers then?

Cheers,

Chanchao (from Dongers, on the road to Smoengers)

Always thought it should be Pukers

Well, I'm American but I took a couple British friends to the FARANG CAFE in the new rimping shopping center on Maejo Road and they gave the breakfast two thumbs up on taste and price!

Went there when it first opened and wasn't impressed with it: cheap sweet white bread toast with that horrible thai-style margarine, 1 big chewy sausage that tasted of soap. Price OK, but I'd rather pay a little extra and get something a little closer to what I know as farang food.

Well, I'm American but I took a couple British friends to the FARANG CAFE in the new rimping shopping center on Maejo Road and they gave the breakfast two thumbs up on taste and price!

Went there when it first opened and wasn't impressed with it: cheap sweet white bread toast with that horrible thai-style margarine, 1 big chewy sausage that tasted of soap. Price OK, but I'd rather pay a little extra and get something a little closer to what I know as farang food.

Agreed. First time I went, it was okay, but all of the subsequent visits have been disappointing. Typical farang style food cooked by a Thai. Don't know why her husband doesn't step up and say or do something to improve the taste. Because it's the only place close to my house, I'd like to see them succeed.

1 big chewy sausage that tasted of soap.

:o

Aha! Gotcha!

It is fascinating to lie behind an extra-thick shrubbery and like a panting David Attenburough witness the scientific miracle taking place before our eyes - Georgie's slow but steady metamorphosis from a Septic to a Dodger... the dodging has begun. :D