Video Of Men Brutally Beating Women Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without generalizing... It is a fact that culture, religion and society standards are determing in the way women and moreover: kids, employees.., foreigners and even animals are treated.

If all pakistaneses men don't beat their wives, It is a fact that there are more beaten women in Pakistan than in UK, and more in UK than in Sueden!

More generally, to me, the way we treat others reflects our degree of civilization... Within our community, our society, our country...

Keeping silent on these habits under the reason that it is not your business makes you responsible as well!

We are responsable of what we do, also of what we let do.

(A. Einstein)

• Like 1

So disgusted by these sickening acts that you just HAD to post the video?

If you clicked 'play' on that video then claimed to be repelled by it, you're a hypocritical, curtain-twitching voyeur. It's contents were spelled out in 40-point bold text. Why did you watch it?

Your logic is the same spouted by many a German in 1946 - "I thought something bad might be going on so I chose not to look".

The idea of news media is to inform the public about what is really going on. If you want to believe the world is rosy - fine, good for you, keep being an ostrich. But don't insult those of us that want to know what really goes on, and just maybe, try and make things better.

Those quick to call others hypocrits are usually judging others by their own standards.

If anyone watches the Thai soaps its quite normal for the
men to slap a woman about, very similar to Coronation street and Eastenders especially
when they discover that his loving woman was a prostitute. If I have upset the moderator
with my comment I apologise in advance.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago i witnessed an attack on a woman outside my house. A Thai man had dragged the lady off her motorbike ( found out later he'd followed her on his bike) and was dragging her by the hair off the road to a park area.

She was screaming as i ran up the road to try to help.When i shouted for him to stop his reply was "my wife' at which he continued beating her.She fell to the floor and was repeatedly kicked in the stomach and head. My partner came out to see what all the noise was about and i called for her to call the police, it seems that their first question was " is it his wife" <deleted>?

As i went back the lady had managed to get up and she ran towards me trying to use me as a shield. I was lucky that this guy didn't hit me too as i just managed to get out of his way, but she wasn't fast enough and he got her again. Once again she was on the floor and he was kicking the life out of her.

I screamed to some gardeners ( 4 in total , all men) who were standing watching across the other side of the road to come and help but not one of them moved.

It was only when my partner came running out to say that the police were on their way that this bloke calmly got on his bike and rode off.

What i saw was far worse than this video , i really thought he was going to kill her.

Watching this video made me sick,attitudes towards violence to women must be dealt with in Thailand.

The man i saw couldn't care less that there were people watching him, it was like he had every right to do what he was doing.

As it turned out it wasn't his wife but an ex girlfriend, not that that makes any difference but thought you'd like to know.

Not sure what shocked me the most about the whole thing, his violence, the fact that he and the police thought it was ok becasue it was his wife or that 4 other men just stood there and watched.sick.gif

All acceptable culture here, like the way they drive. good isnt it. As you saw most will just sit and watch.

• Like 2

Based on the right-leg flick-up in tandem with double-slap at exactly 1:00 the smart money says this is the first fight this "guy" has ever won.

Fight? What fight? This is just a disgustingly cowardly beating on defenseless women. And yes, Kurnell, I think this was aired several months ago. Unfortunately I have not seen any follow up. I guess the coward scum just got away with it despite the evidence.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago i witnessed an attack on a woman outside my house. A Thai man had dragged the lady off her motorbike ( found out later he'd followed her on his bike) and was dragging her by the hair off the road to a park area.

She was screaming as i ran up the road to try to help.When i shouted for him to stop his reply was "my wife' at which he continued beating her.She fell to the floor and was repeatedly kicked in the stomach and head. My partner came out to see what all the noise was about and i called for her to call the police, it seems that their first question was " is it his wife" <deleted>?

As i went back the lady had managed to get up and she ran towards me trying to use me as a shield. I was lucky that this guy didn't hit me too as i just managed to get out of his way, but she wasn't fast enough and he got her again. Once again she was on the floor and he was kicking the life out of her.

I screamed to some gardeners ( 4 in total , all men) who were standing watching across the other side of the road to come and help but not one of them moved.

It was only when my partner came running out to say that the police were on their way that this bloke calmly got on his bike and rode off.

What i saw was far worse than this video , i really thought he was going to kill her.

Watching this video made me sick,attitudes towards violence to women must be dealt with in Thailand.

The man i saw couldn't care less that there were people watching him, it was like he had every right to do what he was doing.

As it turned out it wasn't his wife but an ex girlfriend, not that that makes any difference but thought you'd like to know.

Not sure what shocked me the most about the whole thing, his violence, the fact that he and the police thought it was ok becasue it was his wife or that 4 other men just stood there and watched.sick.gif

Even in the UK the police hate being called to domestics. Saw a cretin beating a lady up very early one morning, after the clubs closed. A friend and I went to intervene. The drunken guy swung at my mate who dropped him with one shot. His wife/gf got up and started hitting my friend with her shoe!

It's hard to judge domestics - you just don't know the full circumstances. I'm not suggesting this was a domestic - something quite different

Edited by Baerboxer

So who filmed this?? one of the women? one of the men? the SAS?

Lol... I was wondering exactly the same thing.

However, it was said that this was to give a warning to Myanamar women, about coming to Thailand to prostitute themselves...

It looks more to me like they are being forced into it, prior to being transported here!!

Maybe this was reverse psychology, just to cover the backside's of the pimps - in case ever caught, they could show this wonderful lesson; but what happened off camera we will never see!!

-mel.

If the ladies are indeed prostitutes then this looks like a typical "punishment" from their minders. 2 seem to have been singled out - either as examples or perhaps because they have broken some "rule". These guys are scum - but their like are to be found all over, because it's part of the sex trade. Not all women suffer at the hands of pimps or 'protectors" but many do. I've lived in lots of countries and seen many examples of this. Many international gangs now, especially in EU where travel is easy. Hope AEC doesn't mean easier travel for scum like these.

The beatings were nasty - more than just slapping. Clenched fist punches were being thrown to do damage. Awful.

doubt much will happen especially if they are Burmese. People will grumble etc online but it will be forgotten.

Personally Id love to get put in a room alone with a few of them for 20 mins, Id quite happy take 3 of them on, would be interesting to see who would be left standing. Impossible to happen in this unjust world though, oh well.

I know some people are going to disagree with this, but unless charges are pressed, even with the video evidence, nothing is going to happen to these brave upstanding gentlemen.

And you can be sure that none of the ladies in the clip will press charges

It's tragic that these males (not real men as we commonly understand) feel the need to gang up on poor defenseless women.

As the mod said, generalizations are unfair as any males from any country could have been involved in this scenario.

The Burmese males in the video were acting as "caretakers" of the women? Indeed!

Seeing this just makes me very angry as I am sure it does most of us.

Problem is what can/will be done about it? Answer: Probably nothing.

Not using the services of these ladies, or any prostitute, would be a step in the right direction!

Amazing comment.ermm.gif

So let's assume the girls were planning on working in a fish plant or shrimp peeling facility, this story has absolutely nothing to do with the oldest profession in the world but plenty to do with violence against women and frankly any kind of violence.

Don't digress into the 'evils' of prostitution and all that.

This is simply mindless violence and intimidation against captive females. Doesn't matter where they come from. This just happens to be a rare video of the action, much like the video where a woman was filmed beating a child.

If you would know that the next shrimp on your plate was peeled by the 2 girls in this video,who took a beating for your appetite, I am pretty sure you wouldn't eat it! Sex trade is a serious and brutal business in Thailand and a lot of these girls are forced their way into the trade! Stay away from it, and find someone to love.

Edited by KireB
  • Like 1

It's tragic that these males (not real men as we commonly understand) feel the need to gang up on poor defenseless women.

As the mod said, generalizations are unfair as any males from any country could have been involved in this scenario.

The Burmese males in the video were acting as "caretakers" of the women? Indeed!

Not using the services of these ladies, or any prostitute, would be a step in the right direction!

Amazing comment.ermm.gif

So let's assume the girls were planning on working in a fish plant or shrimp peeling facility, this story has absolutely nothing to do with the oldest profession in the world but plenty to do with violence against women and frankly any kind of violence.

Don't digress into the 'evils' of prostitution and all that.

This is simply mindless violence and intimidation against captive females. Doesn't matter where they come from. This just happens to be a rare video of the action, much like the video where a woman was filmed beating a child.

Quite right.

And even more, there was a post or article a while back, discussing a humanitarian organization, taking girls out of the prostitution circle, was in Northern Thailand.

One so-called prostitute was suggesting to this organization to go help somewhere else. As now these ladies had no money to send their children to school.

In addition, many long standing relationships started in this fashion, going out for one night....

Prostitution here does not carry the same stigma as it does back home... Might very well be a good reason for that....

One so called prostitute had her say, how about the other million or so?

I think the term "pimps" would be apropos here. And anger is only one reaction to these scum.

Before we get started let me make it very clear that derogatory generalizations about all Thai men will NOT be tolerated. Plenty of foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road.

Cheers

It happens everywhere, but where it's against the law to batter someone in public and it's more enforced, the beatings happen "in private", where evidence has to be procured for justice, which is difficult to do. In domestic violence cases in the US, if a woman hits back, she might end up in jail for at least one night and be arrested. The issue is not Thai men, or men in other countries, but how the law deals with violence when men hit women. If it's a domestic violence situation, the laws somehow relax a lot more towards the males. If it's a stranger beating a woman, the situation is slightly different.

I think I've seen two of them before, working as school teachers. Was my gf right that they don't kiss?

Many more girls/women looking for a Baksida now...w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

So disgusted by these sickening acts that you just HAD to post the video?

If you clicked 'play' on that video then claimed to be repelled by it, you're a hypocritical, curtain-twitching voyeur. It's contents were spelled out in 40-point bold text. Why did you watch it?

Your logic is the same spouted by many a German in 1946 - "I thought something bad might be going on so I chose not to look".

The idea of news media is to inform the public about what is really going on. If you want to believe the world is rosy - fine, good for you, keep being an ostrich. But don't insult those of us that want to know what really goes on, and just maybe, try and make things better.

Those quick to call others hypocrits are usually judging others by their own standards.

The title tells me exactly what's going on. The only reason for viewing the video is titillation.

And I'm invoking Godwin's Law.

Edited by RogueLeader
  • Like 1

Before we get started let me make it very clear that derogatory generalizations about all Thai men will NOT be tolerated. Plenty of foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road.

Cheers

But usually "foreign men" fight someone alone...... not with his mates joining in.! On their own,Gutless cowards.!

• Like 2

Very unlikely that a real beating would be filmed.

It looks more like a theater.

Probably a fund raising by world vision.

Judging by the support from this forum the money should be rolling in.

New mobile telephones, laptop computers, motorcycles, cars, houses

and a salary increase for all.

I understand that these scumbags are the lowest forms of trash, but ain't we glad they're also the STUPIDEST forms of trash too? I mean seriously... who brings a camera to a gangbang? It's self-defeating, really.

In any case, I hope these pieces of trash get what's coming to them.