Owners Manual For Honda Wave 110I In English?

papa al

Get a local with decent English to go through the Thai one with you?

Only three or four sentences will actually be of any importance anyway, shouldn't cost you more than a couple of beers.

Or if you really want it, try calling into Honda Corp's customer service, you never know you might get lucky. . .

The problem with an English manual for the Honda Wave 110i (PGM-FI) as we have them in Thailand is that they are not sold in any countries where they speak English... So the need for an English manual is not existing....

The manual for the Honda Wave 110i (PGM-FI) is available in French, Portuguese, and Spanish... If you want one of this manuals in printed form you can order them from a Honda dealer, they cost about 600 THB and take probably a month to be delivered...(safe to say that not much people ever ordered any of this manuals).

The owner's manual of motorcycles in Thailand is often revered to as not really needed, but they often tell some crucial information... For instance, many Honda Wave 110i owners fill up the fuel tank with Gasohol 95 and even claim that the bike works much better... and a few months down the line they back at the Honda dealer with clogged up, gummed up fueling system that prevents the bike from running anywhere near perfect... Main reason, gasohol 95, is a RON 95 fuel what contains chemicals that inhibit the fuel from combusting at lower compression ratio, the end result is that the burning of the fuel is less efficient and cleaner that it should be... therefore more particles that can clog pathways are being produced....

The Honda Wave 110i should use RON 91 fuel as we have in Thailand, actual if you look at the Honda Wave 110i manuals in other languages you can even see that Honda advices for lower octane levels as the Spanish, Portuguese and French manual speak about RON 90 fuel. Guess that they have in South-America more choices of fuel...

Edited by Richard-BKK

The owner's manual of motorcycles in Thailand is often revered to as not really needed, but they often tell some crucial information... For instance, many Honda Wave 110i owners fill up the fuel tank with Gasohol 95 and even claim that the bike works much better... and a few months down the line they back at the Honda dealer with clogged up, gummed up fueling system that prevents the bike from running anywhere near perfect... Main reason, gasohol 95, is a RON 95 fuel what contains chemicals that inhibit the fuel from combusting at lower compression ratio, the end result is that the burning of the fuel is less efficient and cleaner that it should be... therefore more particles that can clog pathways are being produced....

Interesting. Do you have a pointer to some further information for this problem? If this is true it would raise the question from which compression ratio on its "safe" to use 95.

And i thought its the ethanol used in gasohol that raises the RON level? Sure there is much chemical treatment needed for that?

Interesting. Do you have a pointer to some further information for this problem? If this is true it would raise the question from which compression ratio on its "safe" to use 95.

And i thought its the ethanol used in gasohol that raises the RON level? Sure there is much chemical treatment needed for that?

Wantan, petrol companies sell fuel and trust me they actual take the business very very seriously, by calculating the difference in ethanol and benzine fuel based fuel they have calculated and tested the differences of chemical additives.... making a RON 91 ethanol fuel ignite exactly at the same compression as a RON 91 100% benzine fuel... and the same is for RON 95 fuels....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Wantan, petrol companies sell fuel and trust me they actual take the business very very seriously, by calculating the difference in ethanol and benzine fuel based fuel they have calculated and tested the differences of chemical additives.... making a RON 91 ethanol fuel ignite exactly at the same compression as a RON 91 100% benzine fuel... and the same is for RON 95 fuels....

Yes, lets hope they take their business serious smile.png

But this wasn't my point. I meant ethanol has a higher RON as benzine. So if you mix ethanol and benzine you will need less "other chemicals" to raise the RON as with benzine alone. But OK, i guess we all don't really know what the fuel manufacturers add to the fuel. And they will most likely not tell us.

I was just looking for any other resources that prove your statement "using 95 fuel is bad in an engine thats made for 91 fuel".

Wantan, from my perspective Richards analysis makes no sense.

How can fuel burning less cleanly plug up the fuel system?

The fuel system is before the cylinder, and I don't think it will plug up the exhaust system either.

Also high RON (=octane) prevents pre-ignition at high compression, not clean burning at low compression.

Burn any gasoline at or above that recommended by manufacturer and you will be fine.

As for as his anecdotal 'evidence' of gummed up fuel systems...I'm highly skeptical.

I know riders who have used high octane for years without any problem.

All gas here contains some ethanol which is a solvent and cleans the system.

Ethanol may corrode older engine rubber parts though.

High compression Formula 1 cars burn 100% ethanol (highest octane) in their very high compression engines to prevent pre-ignition. Ethanol is less energy dense than gasoline, because each molecule contains 2 carbon atoms whereas gasoline molecules have about 16 carbon atoms in a chain.

Wantan, from my perspective Richards analysis makes no sense.

How can fuel burning less cleanly plug up the fuel system?

The fuel system is before the cylinder, and I don't think it will plug up the exhaust system either.

Also high RON (=octane) prevents pre-ignition at high compression, not clean burning at low compression.

Burn any gasoline at or above that recommended by manufacturer and you will be fine.

As for as his anecdotal 'evidence' of gummed up fuel systems...I'm highly skeptical.

I know riders who have used high octane for years without any problem.

All gas here contains some ethanol which is a solvent and cleans the system.

Ethanol may corrode older engine rubber parts though.

High compression Formula 1 cars burn 100% ethanol (highest octane) in their very high compression engines to prevent pre-ignition. Ethanol is less energy dense than gasoline, because each molecule contains 2 carbon atoms whereas gasoline molecules have about 16 carbon atoms in a chain.

Yep, this is what i think too. I don't see a reason why RON95 fuel should burn "less efficient" or not as good as RON91 fuel. The fuel gets ignited by the spark plug and then both RON types burn the same way.

EDIT:

papa, what happened to your font? Its really BIG in every post smile.png

Edited by wantan

With combustion engines there is a period when both the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time. This valve timing is known as 'overlap.' Think of this as the exhaust and intake cycles overlapping each other.

The valves are timed so the intake valve opens slightly before the piston reaches top dead center (TDC) on the exhaust stroke. Likewise, the exhaust valve is timed to close just after the piston starts down on the intake stroke.

The objective of overlap is for the exhaust gas which is already running down the exhaust pipe, to create an effect like a siphon and pull a fresh mixture into the combustion chamber. Otherwise, a small amount of burned gasses would remain in the combustion chamber and dilute the incoming mixture on the intake stroke. This valve timing is a product of the cam's duration and separation specs. For more information on these cam specs

As you can read above, in a perfect combustion most exhaust gas should already be running down the exhaust pipe, but in case of a bad combustion much more soot and other particles are formed which are much heavier than the regular
exhaust gas and they can find the way into the intake as they are heaver and much hotter than the air/fuel mix sucked in.

You could, in simple terms, compare the air/fuel mixture rushing in as a hurican/twister, this happens because the intake valve is located at one side of the cylinder head, also most manufacturers shape the intake valve so that air rushing in will generate a swirly/twister this is the best way to guarantee that the cylinder is effectively filled with the new air/fuel mixture. The downside is of course that the hot soot and other particles rocket up in the center of this little twister and can generate enough speed and engine to enter the intake at the end of the intake cycle when the air-speed is very low and the speed of the particles is still much faster...

Also because of soot particles clogging up stuff pretty efficient it is not uncommon that they will prevent intake and exhaust valves to not close 100%... and when the intake or exhaust valve is close 100% at the time of combustion exhaust gas can enter the fueling system very easy...

It is true that Ethanol holds less energy than benzine, but if you talk about exploding things, the amount of energy is less important.... The most important thing is the punch in that microsecond time it's most needed, or the rate of burning... ethanol burns much faster than benzine.

You can compare it to gun powered, the antic old black gun power holds much more energy than the new, currently used smokeless gun powered... but our modern “smokeless” gun powered burns with a much faster rate... creating a much bigger punch in the microsecond it is needed... With black gun powder the gun powder was often still burning when the bullet was already out of reach to propel it more..

The faster burning rate of ethanol is also the reason why some motorcycles, mostly modified sportsbikes have problems with ethanol fuel. It burns faster, and with sportsbikes the ignition will happen before the piston is still traveling up in the compression cycle... with slower burning benzine this is not a problem because the big punch down will happen when the piston is ready to travel down.... But when the fuel burns faster... in case with Ethanol the big punch can happen before the piston has to go down again... and creating the feeling that the engine is pinging or knocking... which is actual not happening.... People with modified fueling should re-tune the ignition for ethanol fuels...