Biggest Mistakes You Have Made In Thailand?

CobraSnakeNecktie

My biggest one was to lend 50,000 baht to an ex- US Army Special forces Captain to help keep his beer bar open in Queen Park. I will never see that money again. By the way he still lost the bar.

My biggest one was to lend 50,000 baht to an ex- US Army Special forces Captain to help keep his beer bar open in Queen Park. I will never see that money again. By the way he still lost the bar.

I was lucky only 40000 baht to a good mate,who was going so good in LOS,he had <deleted> all,got the arse out of his pants

Biggest mistake in Thailand?

Making friends with people who turned out to be mental and compulsive liars.

Needless to say, I have got rid of them out of my life and now it's hassle free. smile.png

This is a teaser to the full story i hope

• Like 2

Needless to say, I have got rid of them out of my life and now it's hassle free. smile.png

But you no longer have any friends.

Haha... Very funny. ;) It was just one person. It's only been a positive thing getting rid of them from my life. :)

This is a teaser to the full story i hope

Unfortunately not. :) I don't feel the need to discuss it on a forum.

• Like 1

From a very young age I have always like to attract dogs attention via making funny noises. Well I'll be damn if one one those little F didn't run me down as I was rounding a corner and sink his teeth into my right leg. Bit me bloody. I am now on rabies shot number 3 of 5 costing me over 300USB. Now I obey the proverb "leave sleeping dogs lay". Twenty one people in Thailand died last year and twenty from dog bits. I won't even pet a dog in Thailand now.

Other than a couple of traffic tickets I've been fairly lucky. But, I DO have an elderly mentor that helped me a bit when I first arrived. He gave me a bunch of pointers to keep me from putting my foot in deep doo doo. He saved me a bundle when I was going to buy a fake Nokia cel phone up at the border in Burma. I took his advice about all the poorly made copies. He had learned the hard way. And, just the simple advice about insisting on a meter taxi in Bangkok has saved me money. His advice about not using bus station toilets was also a good one. After trying it once I can relate to the OP's story.

• Like 1

My first trip to Thailand and i went to Koh Chang with my now wife. Second day there, we got a twist and go scooter from the hotel. The wife and i jump on and woosh, we go staight across the road and into the bushes. The hotel staff couldn't stop laughing.

The problem was, i hadn't ridden a scooter for about 15 years and wasn't expecting the speed and just kind of froze with the excelerator wide open. Everything was ok, well....apart from my pride.

• Like 1

evadgib, on 19 Mar 2013 - 13:55, said:

Wondering why on earth 2 pairs of socks suddenly hit the floor soon after I unclasped a bra:)

...or, as the girl tells it, wondering why a tube sock fell to the floor when he unzipped his pants.
  • Like 1

Had a three-year relationship with a lovely young lass fresh off the rice farm, boy did she work hard to give me everything I wanted, only had to send B5K a month home to help support her family each month and a little pocket money and occasional shopping trip to Bobae for her.

One day she let me know her clock was ticking (twenty years early by farang standards) and she wanted to tie the knot and have a kid or two, and I let her know I wasn't ready to do that all over again (50 at the time).

She said she'd give me three months to change my mind and in the meantime would start fishing in the online chat scene.

Three months later to the day she was gone, pre-sales tech support guy in the UK flew her off, she's now well settled with a couple of kids happy as a clam over there.

The next girl I hooked up with presented me with a fait accompli that she was preggers, I did the right thing by her, she turned out to be a complete psycho bitch, made another spawn before I was rid of her, am now supporting the lot and single to boot.

Mind you only the first part above was actually a mistake, the kids turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me no regrets.

And maybe if I'd have had them with the angel, they would have turned out to be devils themselves so who knows, maybe no mistakes made everything is the way it's supposed to be. . .

Once again a plug for the free vasectomy service at Cabbages and Condoms 8-)

• Like 1

To assume that Thai lawyers know the law.

-

To assume that just any joe blow off the street isn't allowed to practice law here, that they have the same regulatory standards here as back home.

To assume that the law itself is as relevant and powerful here as back home.

My first trip to Thailand and i went to Koh Chang with my now wife. Second day there, we got a twist and go scooter from the hotel. The wife and i jump on and woosh, we go staight across the road and into the bushes. The hotel staff couldn't stop laughing.

The problem was, i hadn't ridden a scooter for about 15 years and wasn't expecting the speed and just kind of froze with the excelerator wide open. Everything was ok, well....apart from my pride.

Similar situation on Koh Chang. 5 miinutes after checking in at the hotel, tgf rented a motor bike. 5 minutes later we were heading for the treatment room. She managed to rent a bike with no front tyre tread