What Would You Wish For?

coldcrush

I would wish for all go-go bars, massage parlours, short time bars to be closed down in Thailand, I would wish to see an end to sex tourism and prostitution.

Then see how many of the so called 'Tourists' spend their hard earned money travelling across the world to Thailand, and how many so called expats pack their bags and move to a country that is more convenient to their way of life. :o

You can't do that, the economy would bomb.

What would happen to Pattaya? Nobody goes there for the beach.....

I wish for Superman-like powers.

My hope would be that if there was an end to sex tourism, then Thailand would actually benefit from Family Tourism.

Until Thailand can shake off its image of being a sex tourist destination, I think Thailand will lose vast ammounts of real tourists to other destinations.

[/quote

International tourist arrivals rose from 7 millions in 1996 to 12 millions in 2004, a growth rate on par with Malaysia, a destination not noted for its sex tourism, which recorded 13 millions in 2004. The disparity in numbers fluctuates from year to year and reflects peoples' perceptions e.g SARS, bird flu and latterly post tsunami. Malaysia too has its lean years and occasionally falls behind Thailand.

TAT figures for 2004 further show that the average tourist stayed 8 days and spent 4,000 bt per day. How that money is spent is of little importance to the casual observer but from my own experience of farang having 2 week shagfest holidays in Pattaya that expenditure strikes me as being a tad modest. But the whole notion of sex tourism as a deterrent to other " real " tourists is quite illusory and says more about the obsessions of some posters than about the state of the industry.

Perhaps another wish is in order?

says more about the obsessions of some posters than about the state of the industry.

It's my wish mate, not yours. :o

You can wish that I had never wished what I wished for if you like. :D

I wish my teacher didn’t bother complaining about half of the girls doing their make-up in class, trying to inform us that education is 'important' is a complete waste of time

I wish my farang English teacher didn’t bother taking that grammar book of his to class, we’ve been learning that stuff for the past 10 years with a Thai teacher and still ‘don’t get it’.

I wish they didn’t make running into a sport, it just a way to get from one place to another just like driving or taking a bus!

I wish I didn’t bother taking any of those pricey boat trips to nearby islands, just swim there myself.

I wish, when on the islands, I didn’t take any of those darned pricey tuk-tuks, just walk everywhere, I could probably do with the exercise.

I wish I didn’t pay for a room at a dingy guesthouse, instead of check into the local temple and stay for free.

I wish I didn’t bother having my breakfast and lunch at the market, all that’s free at the temple too!

I wish to pay the ‘Thai priced’ admission fees

I wish I didn't know half the stuff I learned in this TV

I wish I never read this thread too. But keep 'em comin'

Aow :D I wish I knew half the stuff you do just so I wouln't make the same mistake. If it can be called a mistake that is :o

Farang...ru mak mak....maidee maidee :D

says more about the obsessions of some posters than about the state of the industry.

It's my wish mate, not yours. :o

You can wish that I had never wished what I wished for if you like. :D

Nice one Maigo6, like it! :D

The Dude wishes for Hot Chicks cause he digs 'em with a shovel. This is The Dude's only wish. Can you dig what The Dude is saying?

I would wish for all go-go bars, massage parlours, short time bars to be closed down in Thailand, I would wish to see an end to sex tourism and prostitution.

Then see how many of the so called 'Tourists' spend their hard earned money travelling across the world to Thailand, and how many so called expats pack their bags and move to a country that is more convenient to their way of life. :o

You can't do that, the economy would bomb.

What would happen to Pattaya? Nobody goes there for the beach.....

My hope would be that if there was an end to sex tourism, then Thailand would actually benefit from Family Tourism.

Until Thailand can shake off its image of being a sex tourist destination, I think Thailand will lose vast ammounts of real tourists to other destinations.

[/quote

International tourist arrivals rose from 7 millions in 1996 to 12 millions in 2004, a growth rate on par with Malaysia, a destination not noted for its sex tourism, which recorded 13 millions in 2004. The disparity in numbers fluctuates from year to year and reflects peoples' perceptions e.g SARS, bird flu and latterly post tsunami. Malaysia too has its lean years and occasionally falls behind Thailand.

TAT figures for 2004 further show that the average tourist stayed 8 days and spent 4,000 bt per day. How that money is spent is of little importance to the casual observer but from my own experience of farang having 2 week shagfest holidays in Pattaya that expenditure strikes me as being a tad modest. But the whole notion of sex tourism as a deterrent to other " real " tourists is quite illusory and says more about the obsessions of some posters than about the state of the industry.

LOL. The Dude says "you can't be serious" LOL LOL

I'm changing my wish.

I'd wish to be 100% fluent in every known human language.

No wish changes, sorry the genie said no! :o

Also wishing for huge wealth to buy world peace etc has been tried, you will just end up buying Nukes and planes and go off bombing poor people... :D

Edited by lopburiguy

I wish to know the meaning of life?

If I had a face like your avatar....I would agree :o

Sorry, no offence, just couldn't resist to make a joke. :D

LaoPo

I'm changing my wish.

No wish changes, sorry the genie said no! :o

Fine then! With my Superman-like powers I'll read books real fast and just learn all the languages in a few hours.

Then I'll be able to just up and fly myself to anywhere in the world, become mild-mannered and solve minor crimes. Beats teaching English.

As much as I hate permanent farang sex tourists, I think prostitution is okay as it cuts down on rape, murder, and poverty.

Only a minority of women want to cut out prosititution as they think it gives them more power, but in the end the elimination of prostitution would make society more dangerous.

Edited by gurkle

If I had a face like your avatar....I would agree :o

Sorry, no offence, just couldn't resist to make a joke. :D

LaoPo

I think Jonny rotten looks pretty fine on that pic, after all he took that much gear his eyes would pop- out! :D

Edited by lopburiguy

I would like not to have bowel movements anymore as they are inconvenient and messy. Does anyone find themselves dreading having to take a dump when suitable toilet facilities are not available? What a drag.

Then, of course, ultimate wisdom...having the correct solution to any dilemma that came my way...

/quote

That is sad , the only uncontrollable human urge you have and you wish to get rid of it ..

The Arabic proverb is that the desire to have a dump is stronger than the desire to make love and cannot be controlled :o:D:D

/quote

quite right...other involuntary physical activities like vomiting and snoring should be listed as well. To comment on your aforementioned proverb once in Mexico City I had to interrupt a sex act in order to not foul the bed after imbibing some dodgy street food...

I later apologised to my partner for my (involuntary) indiscretion...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Guest endure

That was my greatest desire when I was a child. Nowadays I'd prefer a very big bag of cash :o

1. Universal health/cure to all known disease

or

2. World Peace

or

3. Worlwide wealth

or

4. Actually.........i'll just be honest.............shitloads of cash............ sexy girlfriend(s).............a big house in each continent..............and fast cars..................all for me!!! :D

not that im shallow of course. :o

But if I was being unselfish, I would probably go for universal health.

Edited by game4shame

world peace (honest! :o)

That siamesekitty would provide with me a suitable idiom in English to answer my query regarding the last post on Thai Idioms and Sayings, Thai Language forum, concerning the 'not see the coffin, no tears' phrase, also has she fled Thailand what with talking about the cold or has she merely taken up residence in Dream World's artificial snow section?

:D

eh...?? I thought that was 42.

I'd wish to go back in time 10 minutes and tell my wife that her bum DOES NOT look big in spandex. :D

:o:D

Edit: My wish would be for another woman like Melanie, whom I met five years ago in australia, who loved indian food, loved The Cure, and gave the best Head I've ever haD IN MY LIFE....REPETITIVELY!!!

Edited by kayo

I'd wish to go back in time 10 minutes and tell my wife that her bum DOES NOT look big in spandex. :D

Edit: My wish would be for another woman like Melanie, whom I met five years ago in australia, who loved indian food, loved The Cure, and gave the best Head I've ever haD IN MY LIFE....REPETITIVELY!!!

Kayo, you can be so naughty sometimes!!!

Kayo, you can be so naughty sometimes!!! :DYou haven't seen all of his posts then.