SumetCycle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Price rumours?

Not really but from that article it said a Ninja 250 costs 152,520 baht(53.7 mil Indo money) there

& this Yamaha would go for 139k baht

They also said cost was slightly more than Honda cbr250 but less than Ninja there so I would guess

"if" it came to Thailand that would probably be the case here too.

Edited by mania

Revealed in Indonesia today

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/yamaha-yzf-r25-indonesia/#more-63025

Good power & weight for a 250 albeit would be nicer 30kg less alt=biggrin.png>

About 2kg less than a Z250 & about 8kg lighter than Ninja

Yamaha-YZF-R25-01.jpg

It's a good thing my thoughts on it being a single were unfounded.

Price rumours?

Price rumours?

Not really but from that article it said a Ninja 250 costs 152,520 baht(53.7 mil Indo money) there

& this Yamaha would go for 139k baht

They also said cost was slightly more than Honda cbr250 but less than Ninja there so I would guess

"if" it came to Thailand that would probably be the case here too.

As such, the R25 is priced at 53 million rupiah in Indonesia (Jakarta retail price).

This means that the Yamaha YZF-R25 is a bit pricier than the Honda CBR250R (~49 million rupiah), though it is also just a tad cheaper than the Kawasaki Ninja 250R (53.7 million rupiah).

The CBR250R is overpriced in Indonesia (rings in at 139K). The Ninja 250R costs the same as the old Ninja did in the Kingdom (152K). At a bit more than 150K, before import taxes and whatever fees there are, it's going to be a tough sell. It doesn't state whether the R25's 166kg is wet or dry; the Ninja 250R is 170kg wet (151kg dry) and the CBR 250R is 153/166 kg wet/dry.

• Like 1

The CBR250R is overpriced in Indonesia (rings in at 139K). The Ninja 250R costs the same as the old Ninja did in the Kingdom (152K). At a bit more than 150K, before import taxes and whatever fees there are, it's going to be a tough sell. It doesn't state whether the R25's 166kg is wet or dry; the Ninja 250R is 170kg wet (151kg dry) and the CBR 250R is 153/166 kg wet/dry.

If it came I am not sure 152k would be a tough sell as they seem to sell

Z250's like crazy here at that same price well 151,500

Old Ninja250r was 158,500

Ninja 300 is 182,500

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

If it came I am not sure 152k would be a tough sell as they seem to sell

Z250's like crazy here at that same price well 151,500

Old Ninja250r was 158,500

Ninja 300 is 182,500

Perhaps they wouldn't be a tough sell. But for 30K more you can go up to a bunch better bike with more power, ABS, and a proper slipper clutch. Kawasaki sure nailed the formula when they started releasing their big bikes; every major province capital I have been in has had a real Kawi dealer that sells them. Much was publicized about their effort to factory train the dealers' mechanics. I would not feel apprehensive taking a bike to any of them. The flip side is that most of the Yamaha dealers are those little mom and pop places that may be selling other bikes at the same time. Would one feel as comfortable taking their bike there for a major issue?

And if one were to compare it to the lower spec Honda model, you pay ~42K less and get ABS. Power is most likely down on the Honda, but we don't know if Yamaha is using Kawasaki's 250cc HP ratings (claim 33 and have 25 RWHP).

Thanks for the reminder that the price went up on the Ninja 250R from 2008, when I bought mine, to 2012.

• Like 1

Looks good, but with the established Kawi dealer network in LOS and relative performance of the Ninja 300, I don't see this as a good option here. Especially as it's an import and therefore likely at least as (if not more) expensive than the Ninja.

Unless it's circa 140k (or below) I'd be looking at the Ninja 300 or cbr500 in that segment. I'd take it ahead of the cbr250 though...

Make it a 2-stroke and 45rwhp and it might be interesting. coffee1.gif

Front and back look misjointed. Too heavy. Unless it redlines at 19k rpm like the proper CBR250 then it's just another heavy, low powered 250 for beginners.

How about somebody bring out a light, fkuc you in the @ss 250 that's fun to ride.

• Like 1

Make it a 2-stroke and 45rwhp and it might be interesting. coffee1.gif

Front and back look misjointed. Too heavy. Unless it redlines at 19k rpm like the proper CBR250 then it's just another heavy, low powered 250 for beginners.

How about somebody bring out a light, fkuc you in the @ss 250 that's fun to ride.

Direct injection 2T cast aluminium and magnesium frame with a price tag north of a 600 SS!

Only way they could do it nowadays. And when talking about the price remember that the original 250cc bikes, which all manufacturers had, were crowding in on the litre class in price.

Nice rev actually...Sound good not blubbery at all.

Like what a stock 250 should sound like...hmmm

Nice tach & the over-rev light/shift indicator light is a nice touch

Edited by mania

Nice rev actually...Sound good not blubbery at all.

Like what a stock 250 should sound like...hmmm

Nice tach & the over-rev light/shift indicator light is a nice touch

i was about to post that.

14k rpm redline, gear indicator and a nice tach! and nice specs, better than i expected!

more photos here too:

http://pantip.com/topic/32077361

35 hp but it is not a torquey bike. 166 kg wet is not bad if you compare with other 250 cc bikes available.

But no ABS and i dont think we will see any slipper clutch. If they sell it around 150 k thb, they can sell it in Thailand as some people will just go buy it bc it is different from the crowd - and actually specs are not bad too.

for design, i am still undecided.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

35 hp but it is not a torquey bike. 166 kg wet is not bad if you compare with other 250 cc bikes available.

But no ABS and i dont think we will see any slipper clutch. If they sell it around 150 k thb, they can sell it in Thailand as some people will just go buy it bc it is different from the crowd - and actually specs are not bad too.

Yes I would not expect a torquey bike in 250 & less.

That is their nature & the gear box needs to be used

constantly. But it is also the charm of a high rev small bike.

Not unlike 2 stroke racing but with the added benefit of

engine braking due to it being a 4 stroke engine.

For myself no abs is never a problem but I can see some new

riders wanting it. But again it is a small bike & the lack of extra

complexity in pumps & lines along with better brake feel (IMO)

is a + in my mind for a small revvy bike

I think if priced right Yamaha could have a good seller on its hands

Also the US version will be a R3 or 300cc it seems & will be interesting to see

how that goes too.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yes I would not expect a torquey bike in 250 & less.

That is their nature & the gear box needs to be used

constantly. But it is also the charm of a high rev small bike.

Not unlike 2 stroke racing but with the added benefit of

engine braking due to it being a 4 stroke engine.

For myself no abs is never a problem but I can see some new

riders wanting it. But again it is a small bike & the lack of extra

complexity in pumps & lines along with better brake feel (IMO)

is a + in my mind for a small revvy bike

I think if priced right Yamaha could have a good seller on its hands

Also the US version will be a R3 or 300cc it seems & will be interesting to see

how that goes too.

wonder for that r3 too mania. It will be sure a ninja 300 slayer as even their 250 cc engine is close to 300 ninja.

add a 50 extra cc, a slipper clutch and ABS and here you go, you have USA version. Also in Europe at some countries ABS will be standard so we will see an ABS version of it as well.

ABS is not super needed on a 250 cc bike but for beginners and experienced alike, it helps.

But, i hope they dont bring yamaha r25 first to Thailand and then r3 a year later! like kawa did with ninja. Hope they bring r3 from the beginning!

and cbr250 for example is a torquer 250 cc bike due to being single and reaching peak torque at least 2500 rpm before r25 so less gear changing and more flexibility and allround performance but yeah mania, whatever it is, you play with the gears a lot and rev 250 cc or less cc bikes hardlaugh.png

Yamaha focused on high rpm performance on this bike which is fine.

Besides, loved the swing arm on r25. It looks rigid but it is steel i guess?

Just if they make it close to 150 kgs wet, it should be the dream 250 cc bike on earth!

still, Although yamaha missed the boat of 250 cc light/beginner bikes as they did not jump it once honda released cbr250r 4 years ago but i think with this, they cam compensate those lost time if the price is right of course as competition is fierce with new cbr300r and ninja 300.

Color options also look good. Normally i dont like black on sport bikes but i goes well with r25. if not black, red+white is another good option but definitely not blue. Blue is not a fast color IMO.

250 cc bikes are really important for big makers as they gain new riders that most probably upgrade their bikes in a year or two so they gain a customer base. Also, it means steady cash flow as you sell 50 250 cc bike for each R1 so more investment for other bigger models such as R1!

I really like the recent movement of Yamaha. mt 09, mt 07, pending R1. They were sleeping for years but now Yamaha is awaken finally! Welcome!

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

Yeah pretty much agree with most of what you say LL

Yamaha a bit late to the party but I also think many are starting to

see a segment in smaller sportier bikes that can be filled by not just

new riders but riders who have come full circle & now ride just for grins

Of course it will never be a touring type bike but for those who like

to ride just for spirited fun smaller bikes seem to be getting popular again.

Could be cost of ownership & fuel + the reality that anywhere but a track

a 600/1000 RR is just overkill on back roads & few if any can really wring its neck

On that swingarm I do not know but given the bike is 17.5lbs/8 kg less than ninja

it may be alum not sure. Looks decent enough for strength on a bike this size.

Torque wise is is not far off with 16.6 ft/lbs as the Honda 250 had 15.6 & the ninja 300 has 18

But again torque is not something sought on small rev bikes in my experience.

If it had that it would loose/give away the top

But yes overall I think a nice effort from Yamaha

Will be nice to watch the videos etc that are sure to come after it gets into a few

riders hands smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

a photo claimed as R3.

Looks good man if it is true!

Yeah that would rock & kill the competition if

they held to that

especially if it will have a three cylinder engine!

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

That really does have a tight rev to it.

Amazing as a small twin how it is not blubbery at all

Kind of interesting potential there for small engine fans

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

That really does have a tight rev to it.

Amazing as a small twin how it is not blubbery at all

Kind of interesting potential there for small engine fans

14 k rpm redline, shift light, gear indicator, nice swingarm etc.

These are new for this class!

Plus it sounds well too!

Hope to see it for 140 k thb here.

Yamaha, you have to bring it to thailand and actually make r3 here at least. C'mon!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1