Nuts And Seeds - Where Good Value?

hermespan

Walnuts, pine nuts, almonds, etc.

I buy them at Terminal 21 basement supermarket on Sukhumvitbin Bangkok where they are measured out in grams for the rich and famous.

Perhaps there are better value alternatives. Curiously, in Canadian supermarkets, prepackaged bags are cheaper per kilo than bulk.

Looking for a source of raw, non-GMO organic seeds and nuts in BANGKOK. Or even any raw period. I suspect that TESCO is the best deal.

Hello All, hermespan are you just trying to be PC when you say no

GMO's? Are there not only a few GMO crops? Corn, wheat and soy

I thought were the main GMO's.

I'm lost when you say GMO "nuts", what nuts are GMO's?

rice555

There's also a company based in Bangkok, I wanna say Heritage Snacks and Foods, that retails a pretty wide range of nuts and dried fruits. Their products often are packaged in green colored bags, and various of the farang supermarkets often stock just a couple items from their product line like raisins, dried cranberries and a few kinds of nuts.

They have a showroom outlet not far from MBK where I gather they will sell a broader range of their products, but I've never gotten around to visiting the place in person. They also tend to show up with a booth, and discounted prices, at various of the retail events held at places like the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center and Impact Muang Thon Thani...

But at the different retail outlets around BKK, I've only seen ever stocked a pretty tiny portion of the much broader product line the company has available...

http://www.heritagethailand.com/

http://www.heritagethailand.com/category.php?id=Heritage

Showroom
200/34-36 Soi Yosse, Plabplachai Rd.,
Watthepsirin
Pomprabasattrupai, Bangkok 10100,
Thailand.
Tel: (66) 2621-6126-7,2225-6725-6
Fax: (66) 2226-1955

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK