• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THAI-NEW ZEALAND RELATIONS
New Zealand PM greets Yingluck with Maori-styled greeting

The Nation

30202519-01_big.jpg

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra received traditional Maori nose-rubbing greeting from New Zealand's Prime Minister John Key on Friday.

Visiting Thai premier was on her second-day official visit to New Zealand. She will leave for Paupua New Guinea on Sunday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-22

• Like 1

This visit, for all the critics, will benefit New Zealand far more than it does Thailand in the grand scheme of things

NZ hoping to double its exports to Thailand by 2020; NZ hoping to increase the numbers of full-time Thai students in NZ from the current 3000 per year, NZ hoping to increase the numbers of Thai tourists . . .

NZ tourists to Thailand - always buried in the 'other' category a mere 0.4%

Very one-way economically.

THAI-NEW ZEALAND RELATIONS

New Zealand PM greets Yingluck with Maori-styled greeting

The Nation

30202519-01_big.jpg

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra received traditional Maori nose-rubbing greeting from New Zealand's Prime Minister John Key on Friday.

Visiting Thai premier was on her second-day official visit to New Zealand. She will leave for Paupua New Guinea on Sunday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-03-22

Obama will be SO jealous!

Photos on Day One of NZ visit - 1 & 2 source, 3 with NZ Prime Minster John Key source

Oh you have a blue silk tie, is it from one of our shops-I can send you some. Do you like my red silk top, it makes me so lovely---I wish I had a straight nose though, Are your best shops in Aukland ????

^ where is the dislike button?

Sometimes, if you have nothing to offer . . .

John Key's personal net worth somewhere between US$45-50 million, I don't expect he's looking for giveaways.

I am not just digging at the said lady all the time --maybe most of the time, Her place is to have visits abroad in moderation.

Most of the trade visits should be for trade delegations--or foreign ministers It is getting picked up mostly because she spends so little time controlling the serious matters here and -or avoiding answering aukward questions.

MOST posters show their dislike with posts, Not all Thai news is doom and gloom there are good things happening here-pity the hard work people do is fouled up with corrupt to teeth polititions and hangers on.

John Key's personal net worth somewhere between US$45-50 million, I don't expect he's looking for giveaways.

I am not just digging at the said lady all the time --maybe most of the time, Her place is to have visits abroad in moderation.

Most of the trade visits should be for trade delegations--or foreign ministers It is getting picked up mostly because she spends so little time controlling the serious matters here and -or avoiding answering aukward questions.

MOST posters show their dislike with posts, Not all Thai news is doom and gloom there are good things happening here-pity the hard work people do is fouled up with corrupt to teeth polititions and hangers on.

Ya ya ya. Thailand’s baht had its biggest weekly gain in two months as the country’s improving economy attracts fund inflows into the bond markets from abroad.

Cash is flowing into Thai assets as global investors shun Malaysia, which is close to an election, and Indonesia owing to its current-account deficit.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-22/thai-baht-set-for-best-week-in-two-months-on-inflows-bonds-rise.html

Them politicians sure have fouled up the economy.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well Kelly, I think you may have (inadvertently) hit the nail on the head. A strong Baht and a successful economy hurts a lot of expats as it reduces their incomes if their funds are in Dollars, Sterling, Euros etc. Reduced purchasing power reduces what some perceive as their influence. When the Thais, against all their advice/wishes, persist in electing leaders and governments which they (the expats) dislike, and said governments continue to be economically successful, then some become more bitter about these things. Maybe that is behind a lot of the venal commentary we see?

Perhaps we could call it "uppity native syndrome", or UNS for short?

• Like 1

Ya ya ya. Thailand’s baht had its biggest weekly gain in two months as the country’s improving economy attracts fund inflows into the bond markets from abroad.

Cash is flowing into Thai assets as global investors shun Malaysia, which is close to an election, and Indonesia owing to its current-account deficit.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-22/thai-baht-set-for-best-week-in-two-months-on-inflows-bonds-rise.html

All stocks and shares down today... speculation re-yingluck being investigated. forgot that did you. 50 years to pay back the 2.2 trillion.... apart from the debt already---looks well doesn't it ???? I would love to dream about the stability here and confidence---give an overall picture---RICE--Tablets--car buyers wou not be able to pay the installments--Sister in Chiang mai -seat ??? oh please--red shirt villages--- I live here and am aware of the good things happening, but unlike you I am NOT in denial. Do you ever report on TVF anything that's dodgy going on here---or is it your rose coloured glasses preventing that. Honesty is the best way in the long run remember

All stocks and shares down today... speculation re-yingluck being investigated. forgot that did you. 50 years to pay back the 2.2 trillion.... apart from the debt already---looks well doesn't it ???? I would love to dream about the stability here and confidence---give an overall picture---RICE--Tablets--car buyers wou not be able to pay the installments--Sister in Chiang mai -seat ??? oh please--red shirt villages--- I live here and am aware of the good things happening, but unlike you I am NOT in denial. Do you ever report on TVF anything that's dodgy going on here---or is it your rose coloured glasses preventing that. Honesty is the best way in the long run remember

Actually I was writing about bonds as investors from all over the world flock to Thailand for stability and the future of the baht.

I only write what I know about and the baht has done very well for me lately. I find Bloomberg to be a good source. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-22/thai-baht-set-for-best-week-in-two-months-on-inflows-bonds-rise.html

It is not really my opinion.

• Like 1

I feel somewhat sorry for our PM. Not only is she attacked in her own country, but seeing the photo's here also in New Zealand the natives got somewhat frisky

Pokiha did try to head butt John Key in picture (post 65) Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

Perhaps our fragrant P.M. might find time to wonder, upon her return from NZ & PNG, why the air there seems so much cleaner & less-polluted by smoke, than in her home town or even the capital ?

And then do something to fix the problem, which causes sickness & premature-deaths for the residents & tourists, both backpackers & hi-so hi-spending ?

But don't hold your breath, or rather, do try (until May & the rains arrive). sick.gifbah.gif

^^^ Riccardo

Obviously never tried living in to Christchurch or Nelson in winter then

Regularly exceed safe limits on the Air Quality Index - despite open fire bans they are both, at times in winter, very unhealthy places if breathing is part of your daily routine

Christchurch - 34 days in 2011

or Auckland, even worse:

source 27/09/2011

Auckland has New Zealand's worst air pollution which is at levels nearly double that of Sydney, World Health Organisation data out today reveals. All Australia's major cities do better than New Zealand cities.

However, New Zealand air is much cleaner than that of Iran, India, Pakistan and Mongolia, but a lot worse than Canada.

Auckland's score of 23 was shared by Hamburg in Germany, Reykjavik in Iceland and Tokyo in Japan.

The figures come after an Auckland Council report in July that showed more than 700 Aucklanders are killed by air pollution every year.

Edited by cycloneJ
  • Like 1

Perhaps our fragrant P.M. might find time to wonder, upon her return from NZ & PNG, why the air there seems so much cleaner & less-polluted by smoke, than in her home town or even the capital ?

And then do something to fix the problem, which causes sickness & premature-deaths for the residents & tourists, both backpackers & hi-so hi-spending ?

But don't hold your breath, or rather, do try (until May & the rains arrive). sick.gifbah.gif

do you think she doesn't know that or that her trip to NZ has anything to do with the current situation in the north?

Ask the Army, they have units everywhere in the border areas where there is burning.

Too difficult for them to get out and about to try and stop it ??

Too much of a distraction form their normal politicking and "fund" raising ??

Thank you fragrant Ricardo.

do you think she doesn't know that or that her trip to NZ has anything to do with the current situation in the north?

No, but then I didn't say she didn't know that, or that she was visiting NZ to avoid the current situation in the North (interesting idea, that), although I do view her failure to act with concern. She demands that the TAT boost hi-so hi-spending tourism, while ignoring something which puts tourists off, then departs the country. wink.png

Ask the Army, they have units everywhere in the border areas where there is burning.

Too difficult for them to get out and about to try and stop it ??

Too much of a distraction form their normal politicking and "fund" raising ??

Thank you fragrant Ricardo.

You're welcome ! wai2.gifgiggle.gif

Although I'm not sure that the army should leave their bases to start engaging with internal-problems, until ordered to by the government. Perhaps the orders are still in-transit ? And the burning isn't just on-the-borders IME. wink.png

The police, who are definitely responsible for what happens internally, are equally at fault for concentrating on their traditional activities, rather than making some real effort to control the burning.

Perhaps both might be ordered to get-their-fingers-out ?

I have it from confidentual sources the the PM, after viewing National Geographic specials on same, is running the traps to find upper class/ High end tourists in PNG. The TAT will be obligated to pay a 30% commission on projected spending as well as any problem solving they do while in country.

• Like 2

I have it from confidentual sources the the PM, after viewing National Geographic specials on same, is running the traps to find upper class/ High end tourists in PNG.

They're the ones easily identifiable by their Gucci koteka. :rolleyes:

No, but then I didn't say she didn't know that, or that she was visiting NZ to avoid the current situation in the North (interesting idea, that), although I do view her failure to act with concern. She demands that the TAT boost hi-so hi-spending tourism, while ignoring something which puts tourists off, then departs the country. wink.png
they conclusion that she or the government does nothing or is not interested is maybe just in your head.

coming up with the high end tourist issue here just another case of cheap internet polemic.