Renewal Of Extension To Stay

true blue

chiang mai immigration today,was unbelivable busy,arrived at 10.15 for 10.30 booked internet appointment,lady officer took 15 minutes to finalise all my paper work and okayed my visa for another 12 months,but unfortunally it took over another 3and a half hours to get passport with visa stamp in returned,it was very very hetic there today.i think in future i will try and book a afternoon appointment,suppose i could still consider my self lucky,some people had been there since 7oclock and one guy was there at nine oclock just waiting for a re/entry permit,and was still waitin when i left at 2oclock,still love los.

^^ Nope.

There are folk on here that would consider that a pleasant experience. They may even label you a whiner and that you should consider yourself lucky enough to be inconvenienced by immigration.

It's unlikely to improve in the near future,certainly until they have sufficient staff and accommodation to meet the ever increasing influx of foreigners choosing Thailand to live,work & visit.

Day & time is important when planning your visits.

But we do actually choose to live here,it's not forced upon us. There are rules and regulations that we need to comply with to stay here.

Most just get on with and accept it.

Some use paid agencies to reduce the huge inconvenience.

And yes,some do continually whine about it. Nowt stranger than folk!

• Like 1