Farang Robber

There have been several robberies on soi 4 & 5 in Maenam.

The guy was caught on the security cameras robbing a house & truck at the cottages behind the temple in Maenam the place is called Rueng Tip homes or something like that. He was also caught on the cameras at the entrance to soi 4.

He seems to be a slightly built farang probably in his 30s with round glasses rides a motor bike . The cops are on the case.

Lock up your valuables & your wife or GF, I would imagine a farang has more ingenious ways of breaking than a Thai.

This is a bit close to home!

Well I hope he gets caught and detained at his Majesty's pleasure at the local jail....

I heard the other day another useless farang ... blink.png .... who lived in this area was now being detained at the prison, (same age group) .... I was not surprised... rolleyes.gif

I have heard of two Thai's having their laptops stolen lately, too... really hard when they are having to pay on the "never never plan" , one was less than a month old... sad.png

Shit, gotta get rid of my glasses and buy lenses again - but thank you for the 'in his thirties', that's quite flattering.wai2.gif

On another note, WPs are only required if the loot is valued more than 20'000 Baht and you didn't contribute enough to the police widow's fund.

That's him in your avatar! biggrin.png

"Security cameras"? Wouldn't the word of the person who was robed been sufficient to describe the robber?

I think the OP means burglar. But than again where would a forced entry been committed, especially when bandwidth has been stolen? whistling.gif

Edited by Morakot

"Security cameras"? Wouldn't the word of the person who was robed been sufficient to describe the robber?

I think the OP means burglar. But than again where would a forced entry been committed, especially when bandwidth has been stolen? whistling.gif

what are you on about?

• Like 1

Shit, gotta get rid of my glasses and buy lenses again - but thank you for the 'in his thirties', that's quite flattering.wai2.gif

On another note, WPs are only required if the loot is valued more than 20'000 Baht and you didn't contribute enough to the police widow's fund.

you cannot get a work permit to be a robber as you are only alloud to do work that a thai cannot do. U maybe be able to open a company and employ thai staff to burgle houses but dont be shocked if the 51 % share holder steels your share capital as you are dealing with theives.

The other scynario is to rob the robber and give to the me thank you check bin khrup wai2.gif

Burglar is correct

I was well into my cups when I posted.

you cannot get a work permit to be a robber as you are only alloud to do work that a thai cannot do. U maybe be able to open a company and employ thai staff to burgle houses but dont be shocked if the 51 % share holder steels your share capital as you are dealing with theives.

The other scynario is to rob the robber and give to the me thank you check bin khrup wai2.gif

Now is that a hint or what !whistling.gif

Can we at least have a betting market on the nationality of the thief?

No , No, No. Let's not go there please.thumbsup.gif

just to kill the nationality sterio types. lets say the person was multy cultural rolleyes.gif

By the way just to let you know i took the ops advise and my wife has now been locked up due to someone being burglered. she did not understand but neither did i but it is for the besttongue.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did not want to start a new topic on thief!!! so here goes !

Darwin Award for stupidity on this one ! blink.png

Chatting with a friend today who rents motorbikes as a part of his business....

Some guy about 10 days ago, wanted a bike for "a day" ... So leaves his passport for security ....

Today still no sign of bike or the guy....(visa expires tomorrow!!!) My friend at Shop phones American embassy in BKK, to report this guy, and it turned out that the guy had already been in to say his passport was stolen and had applied for a new one laugh.png .... The nerve!!!!! blink.png

The new passport has not been issued to him yet.... but now it's red flagged.... thumbsup.gif ..... On top of this, a report was made a Nathon Police station, and info sent to immigration. He searched the ferry terminals to try to find the bike (to no avail, I might add) ...

It's not the first time this shop has lost bikes, it's happened twice before.... he used to be very trusting of people, but twice bitten, sad.png .... he now insists on Passport before renting thumbsup.gif

I imagine, that the guy who did this, is going to have a big surprise when he goes to the embassy to try getting his passport and one would hope be nabbed by police too.... whistling.gif .... Amazing ! blink.png

• Like 2

Burglar is correct

I was well into my cups when I posted.

u silly burglartongue.png

Darwin Award for stupidity on this one ! blink.png

To get a new passport it's required to have a police report.

A false police report in Thailand carries a two year jail sentence.

2 year sentence. how long is the paper to write this 2 year sentence???

forang or thai if i caught an introder i would use the full extent of the law which is to detain that person or persons and push the boundaries of that law to the max.

i might even call the lady boy bar and sell him to them if it was a he. II would tell them that the spider has caught some flys. ha ha

if i caught a intruder and they took my lap top as an example i would put the reward higher than the price of the lap top just out of spite to make an example of him. I would not want the computer back i want the robber captured and delt with in a harsh manor

Edited by BigC
  • Like 1