I Took A Crack On The Jaw From Thai Security In Walking Street Last Night

hotandhumid

Making "a stand" about something, especially something as inconsequential as pricing, is never a good idea in Thailand, especially if you're drunk. I would say you were lucky and hopefully you know better now.

Yes, you are right, it's not thanks to cowards that things will improve here :-)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lost it and you had it comin', sir. Good to see you are being taken care of.

You approve that he was assaulted by satff cos he was rude? how mad are you?

You forget the nuance of him being a guest in this country and therefore he should behave and be careful about his wits.

The humble farang will go a long way. The careless farang will end up in trouble.

I would not call this mad. I call this common sense.

Thank you

You forget the nuance of him being a guest in this country and therefore he should behave and be careful about his wits.

The humble farang will go a long way. The careless farang will end up in trouble.

Since he forgot that nuance, the assault was justified? He was careless and dared to argue about the bill, he rightfully got punched in a face?

What if the security guy shot him? Maybe the security guy was in a bad mood and shot him cos OP didnt keep his nose down and forgot the 'customs' of this country? Would you say the OP didnt keep his nose down a got whats coming to him.

What if tomorrow the motorbike boy smacks you cos you dont have exact fare.

How far are u gonna go to make excuses

Edited by valgehiir

Since he forgot that nuance, the assault was justified? He was careless and dared to argue about the bill, he rightfully got punched in a face?

What if the security guy shot him? Maybe the security guy was in a bad mood and shot him cos OP didnt keep his nose down and forgot the 'customs' of this country? Would you say the OP didnt keep his nose down a got whats coming to him.

With all due respect i think you guys need to relax and unwind. We are not living in the roman area anymore. Whenever a Farang chooses to go midievel on someone in a strange country i do not think this is the responsible way to act.

That's my opinion, and i beg you to consider this reply as such and please do not take this personally, like Hot&Humid seems to do.

Just sayin'

Cheers

There are some hard core punks working, and roaming, on WS. They are just looking for an excuse to pound a Farang. I am a bit of a hound dog, so I go to WS for the girls. Preferably soi15 during happy hours. The pre 'new tourist' era was fun because you had unity of purpose amongst the mongers, and cash was flowing in to the bar owners pockets, so it was a wild adult party atmosphere. Now there is less cash, are less mongers, and consequently there is more stress.

A farang does not get punched in the face for no reason, even when there is stress. I am saying the problem lies not with the Thai bouncers but with the Farang.

I am sure before taking this punch the Farang instigated this by giving a wrong look or showing readyness to fight. In here lies the real problem. IMO.

• Like 1

There are some hard core punks working, and roaming, on WS. They are just looking for an excuse to pound a Farang. I am a bit of a hound dog, so I go to WS for the girls. Preferably soi15 during happy hours. The pre 'new tourist' era was fun because you had unity of purpose amongst the mongers, and cash was flowing in to the bar owners pockets, so it was a wild adult party atmosphere. Now there is less cash, are less mongers, and consequently there is more stress.

A farang does not get punched in the face for no reason, even when there is stress. I am saying the problem lies not with the Thai bouncers but with the Farang.

I am sure before taking this punch the Farang instigated this by giving a wrong look or showing readyness to fight. In here lies the real problem. IMO.

Oh of course. Question a bill, give a wrong look, show readiness to fight. Should never just be shown the door but should be smacked in the mouth.

Geez, oh dear me.

Oh... I don't know... let me see.

Is the nuclear option still on the table?

• Like 1

Oh of course. Question a bill, give a wrong look, show readiness to fight. Should never just be shown the door but should be smacked in the mouth.

Geez, oh dear me.

This is called a pre-emptive strike and considering the bouncer's responsibilities to the bar and the girls IMO he has every right to do so.

Thank you.

Making "a stand" about something, especially something as inconsequential as pricing, is never a good idea in Thailand, especially if you're drunk. I would say you were lucky and hopefully you know better now.

Funny enough I don't regret it, but it won't happen again.

I already said I was lucky, so don't need you to say it again.

You were really lucky.

You were really lucky.

Oh yes 'really lucky' I should have been shot or put in a coma for debating a bill?? So so lucky.

I know there is a lot of excitement around this thread because posters here are use to talking about noodles and baht buses but some of the replies here are absolutely hysterical. And there is also a lot of anger from some people.

This is my fav repy so far and he called me a 'farang' Ha ha, makes a change from 'the OP' I suppose.

Genius.

Edited by hotandhumid

As i mentioned before do not take this personally. A farang means i state things in general. Perhaps you see now why you got punched in your face. I am only trying to help you.

I said what i needed to say and i will leave. Thanks for reading my reply's.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Dancealot

Geez, oh dear me.

This is called a pre-emptive strike and considering the bouncer's responsibilities to the bar and the girls IMO he has every right to do so.

Thank you.

Protecting the bar and the girls?

Would you now please explain how the thug is doing that if the OP had already been taken outside and it is outside where he was hit.

The thug was just protecting his fine upstanding name as a thug.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Would you now please explain how the thug is doing that if the OP had already been taken outside and it is outside where he was hit.

Please allow me, sir...

209_the-people-who-give-a-shit-are-right
  • Like 2

Thank you.

Please allow me, sir...

209_the-people-who-give-a-shit-are-right

Well you gave a shit to try and defend the thug. But now that you are show to be full of shit you don't give a shit.

Nice.

As i mentioned before do not take this personally. A farang means i state things in general. Perhaps you see now why you got punched in your face. I am only trying to help you.

I said what i needed to say and i will leave. Thanks for reading my reply's.

Good luck to you.

You sound like you are massively up your own ar*e.

Trying to help me??? You are completely deluded.

Thanks for reading my reply's.

185 bht for a whisky and coke doesn't seem beyond the pale; pricey, but credible...

Thats expensive IMO.

Too right it's expensive. I haven't been to WS since they closed that Irish Bar. Lovely aircon, 99 baht for a pint of tiger and no floozies telling me how handsome I am (true) or inviting me to buy them beer in a bar playing music at a thousand decibels. And yes, I get that it was because of customers like me that it closed.

Would have been easier and less hastle to just pay the Bill of 180 for the drink and not get mouthy or refuse to pay.

Every Expat here longer than a few months should know not to order a drink unless you know the price, or see it on a menu.

If the price is unknown, Ask ..........

A little late and not the proper place or timing to argue or refuse to pay. Especially when pissed.

Bouncers are not known for their patience or tolerance. Also your not dealing with a normal security trained person. Especially if you are a falang they will hit first and ask questions later if you are out of line, and especially if you are drunk and mouthy.

• Like 2

H&H maybe you look a bit like the fella whose been giving the bouncers bird a portion and he just couldn't hold back....

all the people on here having a dig at you because you contested the price of a drink in a bar make me laugh, ....WS has been in the news plenty of times about violence towards it's patrons, most of it was probably deserved but this is not a shock read/exclusive!

Plenty of people been given a good hiding by bouncers in Soho for complaining about rip off prices as well over the years, you lay down with dogs expect to get bitten by fleas....

H&H maybe you look a bit like the fella whose been giving the bouncers bird a portion and he just couldn't hold back....

all the people on here having a dig at you because you contested the price of a drink in a bar make me laugh, ....WS has been in the news plenty of times about violence towards it's patrons, most of it was probably deserved but this is not a shock read/exclusive!

Plenty of people been given a good hiding by bouncers in Soho for complaining about rip off prices as well over the years, you lay down with dogs expect to get bitten by fleas....

Cheers norrona, hope all is well with yourself and family.

Nice contradiction in your post there,

WS has been in the news plenty of times about violence towards it's

patrons, most of it was probably deserved but this is not a shock

read/exclusive!

Agreed its hardly news, being happening for years, only recently these same security types were being cheered on here after some farang chav drowned.

all the people on here having a dig at you because you contested the price of a drink in a bar make me laugh,

Not laughing coz he queried a drink price, laughing at where he queried it, refer back to your earlier statement.

you lay down with dogs expect to get bitten by fleas...

Says it all really, its hardly front page news is it?

Maybe those Insomnia bouncers would have taken better care of him.

read/exclusive!

Agreed its hardly news, being happening for years, only recently these same security types were being cheered on here after some farang chav drowned.

all the people on here having a dig at you because you contested the price of a drink in a bar make me laugh,

Not laughing coz he queried a drink price, laughing at where he queried it, refer back to your earlier statement.

Have you ever kissed a girl before?

read/exclusive!

Oh my god..... you really are revved up aren't you....

I sense a lot of pent up frustration in you.... you need to lighten your load?

You were really lucky.

Oh yes 'really lucky' I should have been shot or put in a coma for debating a bill?? So so lucky.

I know there is a lot of excitement around this thread because posters here are use to talking about noodles and baht buses but some of the replies here are absolutely hysterical. And there is also a lot of anger from some people.

Lucky in a way.

I've seen Thai security do a lot worse than punch someone in the face once out on the street.