I Took A Crack On The Jaw From Thai Security In Walking Street Last Night

hotandhumid

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I haven't been down WS for some time"

I havent been there after dark for decades and have no intention of ever setting foot there during the rest of this lifetime.

It is a total mystery to me why anyone does go there, unless perhaps they enjoy being overcharged and abused.

Overcharged and abused? Do all bars over charge and abuse people then?

And if so what prices are you comparing to?

I shut up once we get outside. There's normally a lot more doormen than there is of me, and I'm normally more pissed than they are, if I'm being asked to leave.

I was in a pub with a bunch of friends, one of whom was outstandingly drunk. He was receiving some assistance to find the door by two bouncers. I went over to explain that he had been drinking and he was on his way home, and thanks very much for the assistance, when he leaned over the shoulder of the bouncer who was supporting him and said to the other, "See if I was sober, I could take you".

Well, I ducked out of the way just in time. The bouncer flew over and nutted him in the forehead. Then the other bouncer intervened, fortunately, and pushed him out the door. By the time I got out, the other bouncer was kicking him round the road. "I think he's had enough now, thanks very much...".

The police have better things to do than deal with people who provoke bouncers.

SC

I didn't say a word outside to any of the doorman or inside. I was disputing the bill with the woman in there when I was pulled away by 2 or 3 guys then I got a clump as I was outside, they pushed me out the door then the clump come from the side as I qwas trying to regain my balance so I don't even see it coming. It was a bit of a surreal feeling at first as I can't remember the last time it happened to me.

what bar was it?

I shut up once we get outside. There's normally a lot more doormen than there is of me, and I'm normally more pissed than they are, if I'm being asked to leave.

I was in a pub with a bunch of friends, one of whom was outstandingly drunk. He was receiving some assistance to find the door by two bouncers. I went over to explain that he had been drinking and he was on his way home, and thanks very much for the assistance, when he leaned over the shoulder of the bouncer who was supporting him and said to the other, "See if I was sober, I could take you".

Well, I ducked out of the way just in time. The bouncer flew over and nutted him in the forehead. Then the other bouncer intervened, fortunately, and pushed him out the door. By the time I got out, the other bouncer was kicking him round the road. "I think he's had enough now, thanks very much...".

SC

I didn't say a word outside to any of the doorman or inside. I was disputing the bill with the woman in there when I was pulled away by 2 or 3 guys then I got a clump as I was outside, they pushed me out the door then the clump come from the side as I qwas trying to regain my balance so I don't even see it coming. It was a bit of a surreal feeling at first as I can't remember the last time it happened to me.

what bar was it?

I think it was called silver star right at the bottom (beach end)

To be honest I really don't think it matters what bar it was.

SC

what bar was it?

To be honest I really don't think it matters what bar it was.

Of course that shouldn't happen in any bar just wondered.

180bht in there is definitely a rip off.

Its the same in BKK, a local, small, bottle of beer in some of the better places on Soi Cowboy have been 180 baht for a while. Its quite an expensive night out nowadays.

For the same price you could have a beer at a 5 star resort on one of the islands.

Certainly a better view than downtown soi scumsville.

Yes, yes, yes... but does that better view include a couple of naked girls in a jacuzzi?

• Like 1

I am shocked the police did nothing. I wonder what would happen if you insisted to make a police report, which is your right. It might have forced them to act ???

Oh for XXXXX sakes.... A bouncer thumps a gobby, drunken punter as he gets kicked out of a club on Union Street in Aberdeen on Saturday night. There's a proper working police force in the UK but he doesn't go running to the cops does he. He's pished and more likely to get banged up by the cops for being a bloody nuisance.

Kudos for the OP for having enough sense to take it as a 'reality check' and not to argue over something as worthless as excess charging in a locale where honesty isn't commonly practiced. I only venture down WS when I have some mates visiting from overseas. Although I first strolled down the former WS some time in 1979, even back then it was loads more fun with a group or at least one buddy.

If I saw the fella who did it again I'd have no beef with him at all.

Have to say though I don't think the punishment fitted the crime. If they had gave me a warning ie if you don't pay up in 30 seconds you are going to take a beating then fair enough, or if I was attempting to leave the premises without paying (doing a runner) then again fair enough. But that wasn't the case.

Once outside I turn around to ask what the <Snip!> they think they are doing...

H&H

I didn't say a word outside to any of the doorman or inside.

Which was it? I'm betting the first.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

Its the same in BKK, a local, small, bottle of beer in some of the better places on Soi Cowboy have been 180 baht for a while. Its quite an expensive night out nowadays.

For the same price you could have a beer at a 5 star resort on one of the islands.

Yes, yes, yes... but does that better view include a couple of naked girls in a jacuzzi?

Drinking in hotels is as dull as dishwatwer. It says a lot about your 'character' if that is whereyou enjoying drinking. Not for me.

H&H

>

It took me a while today to recall the exact events. Hand on heart it was the second one, I took the clump before I had composed myself.

I am shocked the police did nothing. I wonder what would happen if you insisted to make a police report, which is your right. It might have forced them to act ???

I wasn't shocked. To be honest it could have got worse for me, I was a bit shocked and emotional after taking the whack so I started giving the TS a right old mouthful, I remember telling one of them that he was a waste of space. They could have taken me in to be fair. Maybe they didn't because deep down they knew they bottled it.

As a rule, should have they done something then? I honestly have no idea what they are there for and what their limitations are if Thai's are involved? They can't arrest a Thai, can they?

They probably latched on really quick that you were three sheets to the wind and, if you pardon the expression, were asking for it. If you had been sober and complaining about a bar tab, you would have been sat down and had the facts of life of drinking in WS explained to you. Then again, if you had been sober, you probably would not have been in there anyway.

Apparently, there's been an uptake of Russian volunteers since walking on a tab, even a legit and reasonable bill for food in restaurants, is a common event with the Russians out on the piss down WS.

• Like 1

H&H

>

It took me a while today to recall the exact events. Hand on heart it was the second one, I took the clump before I had composed myself.

So you just imagined the first version happened? Curious.

In any case, I have no trouble believing that it's possible once you got thrown out you got a whack for free and without further provocation beyond (in their mind at least) being a tool inside.

EDIT to add:

On the other hand, I'd not be surprised if not only did you say "&lt;deleted&gt; do you think you are doing?!" But you also showed some aggressive body language. I mean, I used to run clubs and that's pretty standard behavior for people being thrown out (and for me once upon a time in Washington DC) and pretty standard response by a bouncer.

I'm just speculating of course, but you don't seem to be any more reliable source on what happened than I am! :)

Edited by SteeleJoe

H&H

>

So you just imagined the first version happened? Curious.

In any case, I have no trouble believing that it's possible once you got thrown out you got a whack for free and without further provocation beyond (in their mind at least) being a tool inside.

Welll at least it's brought a bit of entertaintment to the board.

Maybe it's time to start talking about baht buses, where to go to buy the cheapeast noodles and the exchange rate again.

Drinking in hotels is as dull as dishwatwer. It says a lot about your 'character' if that is whereyou enjoying drinking. Not for me.

Excuse me sir, but you must have been so pished as to be legally blind if you didn't see the bloody jacuzzi show at the Silver Star... if that really was where you got thumped.

I dont know if all bars there overcharge and abuse. I suspect that they do. Either way there isnt much else to do in WS apart from being overcharged and abused as far as I'm concerned.

On the rare occasions when I drink away from home I never pay more than 85B for a beer in what I would describe as a comfortable bar with the usual facilities such as free newspapers and nice armchairs. And usually I pay less than that.

• Like 1

I dont know if all bars there overcharge and abuse. I suspect that they do. Either way there isnt much else to do in WS apart from being overcharged and abused as far as I'm concerned.

On the rare occasions when I drink away from home I never pay more than 85B for a beer in what I would describe as a comfortable bar with the usual facilities such as free newspapers and nice armchairs. And usually I pay less than that.

I pay 85bht in my mates bar on Walking st which is the main tourist area, Gogo's and bigger places I expect to pay more. My bar is 125bht for a San Mig.

My local near my house is 60bht but their overheads are a lot smaller and they have rooms to help with the income.

So I wouldn't say abused or overcharged its just that you like the cheaper places out of the main tourist areas which is fine.

Nan - I think you have got yourself all confused? Who's talking about that bar?

Uhmmm...you were, actually.

Uhmmm, really, how so since you are interfeering??

I mentioned how boring drinking in hotels was and Nam started rattling on about the jacuzzi in the silver star bar and how I could have missed it?

Armchairs and free newspapers, ha ha ha. How old are you? I'll have to remind myself to put you on my party list!

• Like 1

I mentioned how boring drinking in hotels was and Nam started rattling on about the jacuzzi in the silver star bar and how I could have missed it?

Posting on a thread is interfering? If you want a private conversation, there's a function for that. Otherwise, don't post if you don't want people to feel free to respond to what you have posted.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Posting on a thread is interfering? If you want a private conversation, there's a function for that. Otherwise, don't post if you don't want people to feel free to respond to what you have posted.

>

Well of course I've mentioned it you buffoon, but I didn't use it in the context of what was being discussed at the time, ie drinking in hotels...

Give it up pal.

Think there's confusion with hotandhumid and nanleaw.

Someone put-

And Nan replied with -

Which I think was meant as a joke and hotandhumid thought he was having a pop.