I Took A Crack On The Jaw From Thai Security In Walking Street Last Night

hotandhumid

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nan - I think you have got yourself all confused? Who's talking about that bar?

Uhmmm...you were, actually.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Uhmmm, really, how so since you are interfeering??

I mentioned how boring drinking in hotels was and Nam started rattling on about the jacuzzi in the silver star bar and how I could have missed it?

Posting on a thread is interfering? If you want a private conversation, there's a function for that. Otherwise, don't post if you don't want people to feel free to respond to what you have posted.

>

I think it was called silver star right at the bottom (beach end)

Well of course I've mentioned it you buffoon, but I didn't use it in the context of what was being discussed at the time, ie drinking in hotels...

Give it up pal.

I find that being abusive makes me look like more of a buffoon than the person I am abusing. You'll probably find the same

Nan - I think you have got yourself all confused? Who's talking about that bar?

Uhmmm...you were, actually.

Uhmmm, really, how so since you are interfeering??

I mentioned how boring drinking in hotels was and Nam started rattling on about the jacuzzi in the silver star bar and how I could have missed it?

Posting on a thread is interfering? If you want a private conversation, there's a function for that. Otherwise, don't post if you don't want people to feel free to respond to what you have posted.

>

I think it was called silver star right at the bottom (beach end)

If you're going to come between what 2 other posters are talking about as some kind of referee then at least get your facts right..

Think there's confusion with hotandhumid and nanleaw.

Someone put-

For the same price you could have a beer at a 5 star resort on one of the islands.

Certainly a better view than downtown soi scumsville.

And Nan replied with -

>

Yes, yes, yes... but does that better view include a couple of naked girls in a jacuzzi?

Which I think was meant as a joke and hotandhumid thought he was having a pop.

I stated that it's boring drinking in hotels and Nam then said that i must have been well phissed if I ddn't see the jacuzzi in the bar...it made no sense at all.

Think there's confusion with hotandhumid and nanleaw.

Someone put-

For the same price you could have a beer at a 5 star resort on one of the islands.

Certainly a better view than downtown soi scumsville.

And Nan replied with -

&gt

;

Yes, yes, yes... but does that better view include a couple of naked girls in a jacuzzi?

lockquote>

Which I think was meant as a joke and hotandhumid thought he was having

a pop.

I stated that it's boring drinking in hotels and Nam then said that i must have been well phissed if I ddn't see the jacuzzi in the bar...it made no sense at all.

Did the bouncer clock you for being humourless?

EDIT: Put my text in the right place...

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

Well of course I've mentioned it you buffoon, but I didn't use it in the context of what was being discussed at the time, ie drinking in hotels...

Give it up pal.

Hmmm..have hard time keeping your own comments straight. Gratuitous abuse. Anger issues, maybe...was this the first time you've been smacked in the face?

:)

Give it up pal.

Hmmm..have hard time keeping your own comments straight. Gratuitous abuse. Anger issues, maybe...was this the first time you've been smacked in the face?

smile.png

Ah, and there we are, the old 'anger issue' arguement, I wondered how long that would take.

All sooooo predictable.

This thread is comedy gold laugh.png

Just to clarify. Did the Jack and Coke come in a plastic bag with straw or a glass with ice?

You're right it is. I've gave these berks far too much entertainment for one day, especially since I'm 'humourless'

Mods, lock this thread now. Time to start discussing noodles and baht buses again.

Just to clarify. Did the Jack and Coke come in a plastic bag with straw or a glass with ice?

You're right it is. I've gave these berks far too much entertainment for one day, especially since I'm 'humourless'

Mods, lock this thread now. Time to start discussing noodles and baht buses again.

I don't think the OP has the privilege off having a thread closed once he begins to embarrass himself. Sometimes the mods take pity on him and prevent him from heaping further ridicule on himself for a week or two, though

SC

A little internet warrior eh.

Judging by your number of posts you've made this site seems to be your life.

Now that really does not suprise me in the slightest.

I don't think the OP has the privilege off having a thread closed once he begins to embarrass himself. Sometimes the mods take pity on him and prevent him from heaping further ridicule on himself for a week or two, though

SC

A little internet warrior eh.

Judging by your number of posts you've made this site seems to be your life.

Now that really does not suprise me in the slightest.

We all need a life. I don't begrudge or belittle yours

• Like 1

To recap:

In post #33, davethailand asked what bar the OP got thumped in...

In post #34, the OP suspects it was the Silver Star bar...

In post #28, eeeya considers that the view in a tropical island resort is better than any on WS...

In post #41, I inferred that the jacuzzi show at Silver Star may be an exception to the above...

In post #44, the OP tries to cast nasturtiums on my person based on my comment above and alludes he never goes to such places...

In post #50, I suggested the OP had somehow forgotten HE had mentioned possibly being there...

In post #51, the OP says he has never been in that bar...

In post #52, SteelJoe tries to explain to the OP....

In post #55, the OP berates a few members for talking rubbish...

In post #57, SteelJoe politely tries to indicate to the OP where he may be talking rubbish...

In post #59, the OP calls buffoon on everyone else's apparent misunderstanding of what the whole exchange is about...

Maybe the thump on the head has made the OP unable to keep up with his own posts in his own thread. Maybe it's a mild concussion so better go get checked.

• Like 2

To recap:

In post #28, eeeya considers that the view in a tropical island resort is better than any on WS...

In post #41, I inferred that the jacuzzi show at Silver Star may be an exception to the above...

In post #44, the OP tries to cast nasturtiums on my person based on my comment above and alludes he never goes to such places...

In post #50, I suggested the OP had somehow forgotten HE had mentioned possibly being there...

In post #57, SteelJoe politely tries to indicate to the OP where he may be talking rubbish...

In post #59, the OP calls buffoon on everyone else's apparent misunderstanding of what the whole exchange is about...

Maybe the thump on the head has made the OP unable to keep up with his own posts in his own thread. Maybe it's a mild concussion so better go get checked.

:)

Then OP infers some or all of people in the forum are "berks" and tells mods to close the thread.

StreetCowboy points out that that is not OP's prerogative and OP goes off into an odd personal attack at least partly based on participation on the same forum that OP is participating in.

Comedy gold indeed.

Edited by SteeleJoe

First of all trouble can find you anywhere.

It can be very easy to find you when your drunk and have a big mouth. Now just a little bit bigger.

Ooooh now that is really nasty. I'm all upset now. Was you puffing your chest out while you was typing that?

• Like 1

I am shocked the police did nothing. I wonder what would happen if you insisted to make a police report, which is your right. It might have forced them to act ???

Oh for XXXXX sakes.... A bouncer thumps a gobby, drunken punter as he gets kicked out of a club on Union Street in Aberdeen on Saturday night. There's a proper working police force in the UK but he doesn't go running to the cops does he. He's pished and more likely to get banged up by the cops for being a bloody nuisance.

Kudos for the OP for having enough sense to take it as a 'reality check' and not to argue over something as worthless as excess charging in a locale where honesty isn't commonly practiced. I only venture down WS when I have some mates visiting from overseas. Although I first strolled down the former WS some time in 1979, even back then it was loads more fun with a group or at least one buddy.

If I saw the fella who did it again I'd have no beef with him at all.

Have to say though I don't think the punishment fitted the crime. If they had gave me a warning ie if you don't pay up in 30 seconds you are going to take a beating then fair enough, or if I was attempting to leave the premises without paying (doing a runner) then again fair enough. But that wasn't the case.

I had to re read to see whether you had paid or not, appears you did pay going by this post.

An over reaction on the part of security, if a bar`s staff can`t handle having the odd complaint/question about a bill, they perhaps need some re training.

Happy enough to take money whilst a customer is getting a little drunk, then not equipped or prepared to to deal with the result.

I think I am in the minority here but think the OP should not have been hit, no need.

Bill paid, some words, end of story, enough.

To recap:

Excellent summary, but pahdon my ignorance - what are nasturtiums? :(

I had to re read to see whether you had paid or not, appears you did pay going by this post.

An over reaction on the part of security, if a bar`s staff can`t handle having the odd complaint/question about a bill, they perhaps need some re training.

Happy enough to take money whilst a customer is getting a little drunk, then not equipped or prepared to to deal with the result.

I think I am in the minority here but think the OP should not have been hit, no need.

If either one of the versions of his story is true and there's no more to it, I don't think he should have been hit either. But I'm not surprised he was...

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

If either one of the versions of his story is true and there's no more to it, I don't think he should have been hit either. But I'm not surprised he was...

Oh no! I've been physco analyzed by an interent warrior.

"I haven't been down WS for some time"

I havent been there after dark for decades and have no intention of ever setting foot there during the rest of this lifetime.

It is a total mystery to me why anyone does go there, unless perhaps they enjoy being overcharged and abused.

You're right, it's a hell hole.

I had a couple of friends down from bkk who wanted to go. Still no excuse though, I know.

'You're right, it's a hell hole.'

Good enough reason for me (on occasion.)

Well that's right. If you are aleady half cut elsewhere and the lads want to go the WS what do you do stamp your feet say you aint going and stay on your own? Of course not, you just end up going (with the flow)

To be honest, no, I don't go with the flow, if my mates want to go there fine, up to them, funny thing is after a good few years of being friends we still are because we accept and allow ourselves to have our own opinions.

I only go to places with cheap tap beer on offer and stay away from the no promotion bars as I know a drink will be between 120-200 baht in that kind of place. Why not check prices first before ordering instead of complaining at bill time. We all know Thais working in those places are brainless and any argument might escalate into something nasty very quickly. Drink price was perfectly in the WS "rip-off" gogo bar range snd you should have known better than start an argument, it would have been different if you were victim of a balant drink overcharge (eg 500b).

I never set foot in the russian girls clubs as I know well in advance it's going to be stupid prices.

• Like 1

Wow, 40 odd posts and nobody has said "yer lucky you didn't get shot. My mate once got drink and...gun....blah blah blah"

maye not shot, but beat to pulp, had this not happened in a very, very public place

The Tourist Police or their foreign assistants ? Both have have powers of intervention but need to take anyone to Soi 9 station for any actual report or arrest.

The Tourist Police have the same powers of arrest as regular police.

Police volunteers, foreign or Thai, Tourist police or any other, have NO power of arrest and NO "powers of intervention" unless asked to intervene and assist by a Thai policeman - just as the police could ask any Thai or any foreigner for assistance.

However much police volunteers may play up their authority they have none, even when in uniform and "on duty", and the Thai police have made this clear on many occasions.

Edited by LeCharivari
  • Like 1

Looks to me from your replies and from the WS incident that you love to argue and maybe you should stay sober and chill out. You dodged a beat down from thugs that are above the law. Now you are milking it for attention.

• Like 1

180bt isn't too bad. If you weren't happy with the prices then find somewhere you are happy with.

I am sure you'll agree that the 'fine wine' blurred your judgement but still if you were not violent then you should not be hit.

Hope you feel better soon.