Conflicting Desires?

coconutty

ok so the deal is that i'd like to leave the city and spend my days and nights in the most peaceful, breathtakingly-beautiful, out-of-the-way beach environment AND be close to a fast and reliable internet connection which i need for my work.

where would be my best bet without compromising any of the two too much?

cheers,

c

My experience has been that DSL is offered only when there are enough customers, something that would be in direct contraditiction to your need for an out-of-the-way beach environment.

ok so the deal is that i'd like to leave the city and spend my days and nights in the most peaceful, breathtakingly-beautiful, out-of-the-way beach environment AND be close to a fast and reliable internet connection which i need for my work.

cheers,

c

Cornwall! :o

cheers,

c

Cornwall! :D

No way, Whitley Bay!!! They have 8meg BB in that lighthouse...honest! :o

:D

Edited by lopburiguy

A couple years ago I saw a place offering satellite internet connections for people who were living in out of the way places and didn't have access to phone lines. I recall the speed being fairly fast, but don't know the cost, though imagine it would be a bit expensive. They use a small antenna, similar to a satellite TV antenna.

A couple years ago I saw a place offering satellite internet connections for people who were living in out of the way places and didn't have access to phone lines. I recall the speed being fairly fast, but don't know the cost, though imagine it would be a bit expensive. They use a small antenna, similar to a satellite TV antenna.

I have that, IpStar, as there are no phone lines near my house - I am in the middle of rice fields, with no other houses in sight.

Although IpStar itself is ok speedwise (512k), the problem is that Thailand is not well connected to the rest of the world, so ALL internet here is slow.

By the way, IpStar 512k is about 4k a month. Search the forum, there is a lot about it, mostly negative as it seems some users have a lot of problems with it.

cheers,

c

Try East coast of New Zealand. Remote, decent internet, cheapish as long as you aren't a local, and the scenery in LOTR etc is not even as good as the real thing.