Urgent A Negative Blood Needed For 7 Year Old Girl

anon7867763

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a legitimate request I will gladly donate my A-neg Blood. Im in Bangkok and donate at the Red Cross in Henry Dunant, Pathumwan regularly. I can also travel if needed. Please reply and I will contact the number you have given out.

Thanks , Thanks to the amazing response we have all ready had , we all ready have 7 donors coming round tomorrow so If I can keep you as a contact and we need someone more I can contact ypou OK ? Thanks for your kindness and best wishes

Called Chris, but no answer. Wife called Pilapon who said hospital only wants A neg (?!)

Yes the hospital seems to be a bit ignorant on thsi subject.Thanks for your reply , we will contact you if we need.The good news is that we all ready have 7 donors coming round tomorrow , should be enough for a week or so.Thank you so much and if we need further along the line we can contact you ?

Thanks again,

John

Just spoken to Chris. Meeting at the hospital........but I cannot find anything about the hospital (except this thread) online. Any idea where it is?

Its next to Pratunam , I work around there so just give me a ring tomorrow 0890786709 , thanks - John (we are planning to go to the hospital about 3 o'clock in the afternoon

If this is a legitimate request I will gladly donate my A-neg Blood. Im in Bangkok and donate at the Red Cross in Henry Dunant, Pathumwan regularly. I can also travel if needed. Please reply and I will contact the number you have given out.

This is a request for a personal help in a personal situation , blood given to the Red Cros gets lost in admin and beurocracy , we need it direct.

Thanks

Just spoken to Chris. Meeting at the hospital........but I cannot find anything about the hospital (except this thread) online. Any idea where it is?

Just give me a call 0890786709 - I am there from 11.00 tomorrow

Thanks

John

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Johnsnapo, and Khun Pilapon,

While I am A-, no blood-bank, or hospital, will accept my blood, since I'm 69, and am a cancer survivor, even though I'm in excellent health, and have had no recurrence of cancer for over five years. Also, I'm in Chiang Mai.

fyi: in December 2011, the Phuket blood-bank had a big-drive for Rh negative blood:

And, there was a thread on the Chiang Mai Forum, in November, 2011, where someone in Chiang Mai desperately needed A- blood.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/598875-blood-urgently-needed-a-neg-rh/

I think it's possible that Khun Cheeryble, who started this thread, might know of some other resources, and I am sure he wouldn't mind your sending him a private message here on ThaiVisa.

A "long shot," but perhaps worth looking into, if you are really desperate.

My best wishes for the baby's health; I wish I could donate !

yours, ~o:37;

Thanks for your feeling , that's also a big kind of help !

Thanks again.

Are you n Bangkok and do you have some free time ? Thanks for your response and thank you again !

The universal blood donor group is O Neg, you can give this type to any donor with no need for specific cross matching so really what you need to ask for is O neg if you cannot get enough of the specific cross match

This topic is about the little girl needing blood. Yes O is universal. I watch CSI too. We are waiting with bells on for your next post.

PM sent

A little off topic, where can i give blood when I come to Thailand, I am a blood Donner in the UK A Rh positive, i have given my blood for about 20 years, 36 pints in all, so One more will not do any harm but may help in the future for somebody.

i'm surprised that you cant just request and buy blood from other hospitals. surely one hospital can buy it from another hospital?

I have sometimes found that if you 'push' for something, you can get it done.

I wonder if you started calling other hospitals and asking if they can sell you 'A-ve' blood. i wonder if you can get as much as you need.

Edited by easybullet3

Called Chris, but no answer. Wife called Pilapon who said hospital only wants A neg (?!)

Yes the hospital seems to be a bit ignorant on thsi subject.Thanks for your reply , we will contact you if we need.The good news is that we all ready have 7 donors coming round tomorrow , should be enough for a week or so.Thank you so much and if we need further along the line we can contact you ?

Thanks again,

John

The hospital is ignorant on this subject? I don't think so... O negative is not truly universal - it is more complicated than that.

DB

The hospital is ignorant on this subject? I don't think so... O negative is not truly universal - it is more complicated than that.

DB

JudoKrab is right .. there has been cases that antibodies in O- causes transfusion reaction might be rare I am not sure. However the hospital will check the compatibility before transfusion so there are nothing to worry.

USUALLY O- is use during EMERGENCY especially LIFE-THREATENING situation where specific blood group is not available or is short in supply.

I am not sure if I am A+ or - will go and do a check. If it match I will give you a call, never donated my blood before and I guess this might be my first.

Ideally the hospital would want the specific blood type and rhesus factor. However it is still good to have an O- blood type on standby.

I am not sure if I am A + or -, will go and check tomorrow. If it matches, I will give you a call. I guess this might be the first time I donate my blood.

Disclaimer:

I AM NOT A DOCTOR PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY COMMENT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR A PROFESSIONAL ADVISE.

PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR.

Edited by Happy Go Lucky

Thanks again,

John

DB

I stand corrected , thanks

I tried to get back to many posters by PM but Thai visa says I can not post another PM until a certain date.Bloody marvelous ! so I just want to thank everyone.If we need more blood next week I will get in touch.

Thanks again to all.

Please keep us up to date. Just talked to DHV, a German organization in Thailand to help others, without any financial interests.

I copied your post and sent it to them. They'll get in touch with you and they will find foreigners living in Bangkok to donate blood. Good luck for your beloved one.

Tried to call your number twice, but nobody answered the phone.wai2.gif