Get Rid Of Rats

stockholm1995

Big C has the electronic device.

My dog certainly chases and kills rats-he doesn't eat them though.

We have fields at the back and rats get into the house and roof now and then. I use those (admittedly cruel) glue pads in the roof space as I have found them to be the best way to catch them. Just put some smelly fish and some rice on them and if you put them where no pet can reach them, then some poison pellets as well. Like I say very effective, but very cruel because if they dont eat the poison they take days to die.

Edited by dsfbrit

Try using a several varieties of NON poisonous snakes. There more of them than the poisonous ones. And the ultrasonic gadgets do not work. Snakes are deaf! I fact they are more likely to be drawn to the vibrations.

Well, on a more serious note, I doubt that anyone is going to catch snakes and put them in their back yard, so your left with cats, or poison, I would recommend cats as the best alternative, since they are good companions!

I could just imagine someone going out to catch his own snakes! Bring back a bucket of cobras and vipers, they wife would love it!

They eat mice, rats, frogs or any other thing that fits in their mouth. And besides, its more exciting to have cobras around than rat glue!

King cobras primarily eats other snakes, and only resort to eating rodents when they cannot find their preferred prey. So having a king cobra around will restrict the number of other snakes (who do eat mice and rats), probably resulting in an increase in the rodent population.

Sophon

I use one of these metal cage contraptions with a spring-loaded front door. I can't recall why but for some bizarre reason I've been using a cherry tomato as the bait and it seems to work. Mostly you can only catch one at a time, but it's humane and the traps only cost around 80 Baht so you could always have a few of them. Once I catch one i take it for a drive and then release it. I must be getting soft in my old age...

post-14840-0-94864800-1364403145_thumb.j

• Like 1

My suggestion of king cobras, was more of a joke. I didnt think anyone would actually go for the idea of cobras in their back yard. But I dont think anyone would like someone catching rats, and releasing them near my home either. Yes, thats abit soft! I still suggest getting a cat!

Call :

Pattaya Sunny

Pest control services for white ants, ants, cockroaches, rats, mice, wood borers, mosquitoes and termites. For households and commercial buildings. 334/91 Moo.12 Jomtien Beach Road, Nongpure, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260.

• Tel: 038 232 232
CCS

Pest control services including protection and extermination of termites, ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, rats and other pests. 57/41 Moo 5 Pattaya-Naklua Road, T.Naklua, Banglamung, Chonburi.

• Tel: 038 422 501

Try using a several varieties of NON poisonous snakes. There more of them than the poisonous ones. And the ultrasonic gadgets do not work. Snakes are deaf! I fact they are more likely to be drawn to the vibrations.

Sorry, dumb me...got interrupted while posting. Meant to say although rats do hear ultrasounds but they get use to them so the devices don't really work. Here's a link: http://www.ehow.com/info_12144010_highfrequency-sound-rid-rats.html

If you are a bleeding heart and don't want to kill rats, just think about all the diseases they can carry.

I use one of these metal cage contraptions with a spring-loaded front door. I can't recall why but for some bizarre reason I've been using a cherry tomato as the bait and it seems to work. Mostly you can only catch one at a time, but it's humane and the traps only cost around 80 Baht so you could always have a few of them. Once I catch one i take it for a drive and then release it. I must be getting soft in my old age...

attachicon.gifRat Catcher.jpg

attachicon.gifRat Catcher.jpg

Edited by bellboy