Don't Underestimate The Charm Factor: Thai Opinion

webfact

Margaret Thatcher had nice ankles according to Alan Clark. Does that count?

Yes but you should have seen the water retention at the end of the day bah.gif

Of course looks are important, especially in Thailand, however so is charisma, fast accurate answers with wit and charm, oh and a good skype connection.

I get seriously sick of hearing about Yingluck.

Edited by Scully

I have commented here several times on Yingluck's governing style as being the same as Obama, which is basically rhetoric and traveling. Now, The Nation is using the same words to describe her as they describe Obama in the US. Recently, the media described Obama's latest tactics as a "charm offensive". Appropriate description for both "leaders" which are the same. No results, just lots of exposure.

• Like 2

Decisions, who would I prefer out of these two P.M's

To be fair I posted pics of both actually in Parliarment.

That pic of Gillard is priceless....I have seen better looking stunned mullets

Mr Bean surely?

She is an immigrant from great Britan so I am sure she is related. Yingluk can charm me anyday

YIngluck has just visited PNG (where I live with the Thai missus) and all the talk at the yacht club on Monday night was about what a honey she is. She certainly attracts attention.

But other than her looks can you tell me anything significant about her visit?

And that is the point - looks good, but that's all people remember about her.

Which is actually quite insulting and shallow when you think about it, that you are only remembered for your smile as opposed to your ability to do the job. Yet this is the card our venerable PM consistently plays.

I am not a big fan of Yingluck, being a puppet and all, but I will definately pass on Dragon lady.

Now, IF Yingluck could assert herself and tell big brother to shut the F up and actually take charge, then her credability might begin to soar.

Here's the thing. Years ago Thaksin could have gone down in Thai history (in a good light) as one of the most successful PMs ever. But he was just too greedy, and look where that got him.

Now another Shinawatra has the potential to make real history (in a good light), if she would only assert herself and take charge. But again, another Shinawatra fails to rise to the occasion.

She still has time to succeed. Thaksin is toast. Forget him and move on.

Oh well, only dreaming.

Edited by WhizBang

YIngluck has just visited PNG (where I live with the Thai missus) and all the talk at the yacht club on Monday night was about what a honey she is. She certainly attracts attention.

But other than her looks can you tell me anything significant about her visit?

And that is the point - looks good, but that's all people remember about her.

Which is actually quite insulting and shallow when you think about it, that you are only remembered for your smile as opposed to your ability to do the job. Yet this is the card our venerable PM consistently plays.

I don't really take politics seriously. Being an Aussie I'd be pretty bloody depressed right now if I did. Australian politics at the moment makes Thai politics look like a picture of rational stability.

Yingluck inspires more respect from me than Julia Gillard. And to be shallow and insulting, as a bonus she is also much better looking ...

as much as I hate to compare leaders with both sexes, I have to admit that being a woman certainly helps Yingluck to prolong her premiership regardless of competency/ability. Even a red-shirt cap driver mentioned this to me while I was in his taxi.

Not only in Thailand that a charisma of the leader comes in handy, Australian's Julia Gillard had changed her looks significantly since being in the post. Italian's former PM looks years away from his 80 years old.

Why is the Nation always lecturing Thai rural voters ? Does the author really believe that sexy Abhisit draws less votes than let's say Suthep because he looks better or that Americans do not vote more easy for Obama than for McCain because he looks better, speaks better? Bet you that 90% of the Nation employees never ever saw the party program of the Democrat Party, just like 90% of every other voter in the world votes with his or her "gut feeling" and not with the brain. Without sympathy for a candidate no vote. If Yingluck will be replaced for her sister or for let''s say the ugly Banharn chances will drop sharply.

Margaret Thatcher had nice ankles according to Alan Clark. Does that count?

You have just ruined my thought processes for the day as I cannot get this picture out of my mind now!!!!

I hope, that when I wake up tomorrow morning I have forgotten about this, otherwise I may have to visit a psychiatrist or hypnotist to rid me of this truly awful vision.

• Like 1

Yingluk and Yaowapa are like Barbie and Bluto and just as inefectual in substance. If this is the best we can do then this country is in real trouble. It is time for Thailand to banish this senseless nepotism and institute some pertinent reforms in order to take it out of the comic strips.

All you people who think Yingluck is beautiful have a very low standard of measuring beauty. She is

AVERAGE ! Just a plain looking average Thai lady. Go back to the bars or even better Siam Paragon if you want to see some beautiful girls !

• Like 2

How on earth can the comments here be published let alone taken seriously?

What someone looks like has nothing to do with ability-this fantasy about sleeping with leaders who happen to be women reflects poorly on those inane,sexist and utterly brain dead posters posing questionable humouresque dribble-go back to the bar and drink yourself back into hero status you numbskulls

What someone looks like has nothing to do with ability-this fantasy about sleeping with leaders who happen to be women reflects poorly on those inane,sexist and utterly brain dead posters posing questionable humouresque dribble-go back to the bar and drink yourself back into hero status you numbskulls

Totally agree, well said!

• Like 1

Totally agree, well said!

Also agree. If one agrees or not with her policies and the way the government is run it is sinking mightly low to post garbage like this.

Edited by Pimay1

I agree.

Some of the comments on here are almost as banal as some of those we see everyday from Thai politicians.

Now stop it....... all of you!