Bangkok International Motor Show 2013 Is Expected To Set A New Sales Record

webfact

Is there a new Fortuner model unveiled? I am waiting for this .....

The earliest you'll see a reveal will be late 2014, but it's highly unlikely it'll be released before 2015 though.

I am sorry I can not find the article I read the other day talking about major manufactures looking to go to Indonesia. Where labor is cheaper and workers are easily found. It make a good read but as this article it over looked the failings in production there just as this one has omitted them.

There's been numerous speculators saying similar things for years... Yes, Indonesia is on the rise, and yes manufacturers are investing there, but it's also a country where the market is dominated by lower-B segment MPV's and small pickups (not the mid-size ones we see in TH) - so zero overlap with what gets produced in Thailand, and only small-scale sales synergies.

I can't see Indonesian's switching to a diet of B-C segment sedans, mid-size pickups and SUV's anytime soon, and until that happens Indonesia is no threat to the Thai car industry, just a complement.

Do they take order for Mercedes Benz CLA now ?

Only for the cheapest model ? No AMG yet ?

They say they won't be taking orders until it's officially released with full pricing.

Edited by IMHO

Anyone know the price of all new Eco sport and delivery ?

On an Indian review site I think it was from $24,000 to $30,000 US. Based on the fiesta and something like 2inches longer and India gets a diesel which I don't think will be sold here, would be very tempted to get one if they did it here.

Do not think its same car, only because if production to start in Q4, how could India have it already

The EcoSport has been in production in India and Brazil since last year. Thai versions will be getting engines from the existing Fiesta range, along with a new 1.0L EcoBoost lump.

Edited by IMHO

Anyone know the price of all new Eco sport and delivery ?

On an Indian review site I think it was from $24,000 to $30,000 US. Based on the fiesta and something like 2inches longer and India gets a diesel which I don't think will be sold here, would be very tempted to get one if they did it here.

Do not think its same car, only because if production to start in Q4, how could India have it already

The EcoSport has been in production in India and Brazil since last year. Thai versions will be getting engines from the existing Fiesta range, along with a new 1.0L EcoBoost lump.

I see , thank you and apology to previous poster, he was correct :)

The only problem being demand outstrips supply. Sales claims should be on actual deliveries not orders. Already sales from pre-ordered vehicles made prior to December cannot be filled. Having this show will increase the back log but hey, the spin doctors will keep the fantasy alive.

I am sorry I can not find the article I read the other day talking about major manufactures looking to go to Indonesia. Where labor is cheaper and workers are easily found. It make a good read but as this article it over looked the failings in production there just as this one has omitted them.

The costs of the infrastructure - capital outlay- to set up is enormous so I am not sure that will actually eventuate, but I know Thai Summit Group have finished building a 22,000 sq m factory at Rayong with full robotics etc., and knowing the owner she does not do anything without ROI made clear. Mind you that was started before the floods and that may impact on decisions. Interesting - would like to see the article if you can find it. Thanks for the heads up.

I ordered a new Ford Ranger at the beginning of November (before the last motor show), and they have STILL not given me a delivery date. Rumours are that if I am really lucky, I might get it before Songkran, but that's over five months.

And they are even made in Rayong!

I also ordered at the same time (a 3.3) but I am 100% certain it wont come before Songkran. I will be lucky if we see it before the next motor show.

When I rang the Dealer this morning to check again on the status of my delivery I was asked if I had been to the motor show to see what else was on offer.

So I guess staff are also pissed off which doesnt help in the short term.

The only positive about attending the Motor Show this evening was that there was no 3.2 Wildtrak on show and they are not taking new orders.

The negative was that was also nothing else of real interest in this category. Lets hope Toyota steps up soon with its new model overhall (not facelift) that kills this arogance and Fords focus on the export dollars

My impression is that Ford are dragging their feet on providing inventory for the domestic market, as they are shipping everything they make overseas to meet demand there (and with the THB so strong right now, that's a hilarious policy!). Also, that they are keeping their dealerships in the dark - and their sales staff are being called by all the customers who ordered cars from them, who are asking "where is that car I ordered five months ago?!?", and are getting pissed off with it.

I also ordered the 3,2 Wildtrak, and I am still optimistic that I might get it before Songkran. Fingers crossed!

(Yes, I am the eternal optimist.)

From someone who is connected to a finance department in Thailand, the "first car program" might end up creating a glut of overproduction of ecocars and small cars. In fact, while almost everyone in Thailand booked a first car and paid a deposit, the finance checks failed for a certain number of people.

This means that cars that are being produced pursuant to the booking will not be sold - and towards July a certain number of ecocars might be available for dealers desperate to sell them (time for some good negotiations then...).

In the end, the first car scheme, far from helping manufacturers and business, may just have created a new issue: overproduction and excess inventory of small cars.

I would add on to that the glut of second-hand cars that is going to be created by those getting finance but failing to meet the monthly repayments.