Yingluck Concerned Over Smoke Haze Problem In North

webfact

I just love the solution - they are going to start the rainmaking. So if you hear weird mumbling or drum beating around Dr Future's house, spare a thought for all the crap they will fly into the atmosphere from planes that will add to the pollution your breathe. If people aren't sick now with respiratory problems, just give it a month.

Nothing quiet like a bucket load of Iced Urea on yer head LT

After dealing with a bunch of sick coughing children in Chiang Rai and having cancelled all their PE lessons for the week, I couldn't give a monkey's fart whether Yingluck is concerned or not. The selfishness, laziness and ineptitude of adults here is damaging the future of their kids in so many ways. My mate complained about it to his (well educated) missus. Her response "not your business, that's like me complaining about the rain in England". I've thought about contacting all international schools in northern Thailand to arrange a protest but when I know I'll be confronted by such racist attitudes I wonder if it's worth it. But then I see nothing forthcoming from locals coupled with the state of children which are under my care and the blood just boils. Thai parents, WHERE ARE YOU? (apologies for shouting. Actually I'm not sorry, seriously WHERE THE <deleted> ARE YOU?)

You want them to start protests against the dust?

Well, that sounds like a great idea. can already imagine some placards. "Dust Get Out" or "Dust go to the black hell hole."

Edited by ZhouZhou

PM Yingluck concerned over smoke haze problem in North was too busy planning her next diplomatic trips and shopping tours

This problem existed for probably several months and weeks, and then you suddenly dare to say: "Oh, I'm worried just now".....

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifsorry.gifviolin.gif

The IN Channel news said there are up to another 30 countries to be visited this year. Head in the sand over problems at home or is it head in the clouds at taxpayers expense ?

She needs to open 30 more off-shore accounts on her way to these places, for reasons none of us could possibly know why....

-mel :P

• Like 2

PM Yingluck concerned over smoke haze problem in North was too busy planning her next diplomatic trips and shopping tours

This problem existed for probably several months and weeks, and then you suddenly dare to say: "Oh, I'm worried just now".....

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifsorry.gifviolin.gif

The IN Channel news said there are up to another 30 countries to be visited this year. Head in the sand over problems at home or is it head in the clouds at taxpayers expense ?

She needs to open 30 more off-shore accounts on her way to these places, for reasons none of us could possibly know why....

-mel tongue.png

She's probably way ahead of you on this one Mel. smile.png

Try to understand you FEW posters when I reply to this post, I am not slagging Thai people-or Thailand-----here we go, Yinglucks name here said she was concerned---well The lady had been in office more than 6 months when we had the burning last March, had they nipped it in the bud then, stopped the torching--had she had time to work to her job description this year we would not have the torching again-----DUST INDEED,,,,,,,bleeding joke.

• Like 2

A pity that so many posters are just using the present disaster to score cheap political points. Let's be honest, NO government has been able to change the mindset of the Northern Thais which could be summed up as "if it moves, eat it; if it doesn't move, burn it".

It would seem that every year for the last couple of decades we've had a load of waffle and platitudes from whichever party/coup leaders are in charge, but nothing is ever actually done to address the real problem.

I thought that was a Isan saying, " If it moves it is eaten".... :-)

Not sure it is so much cheap shots as it is disgust at the inability

of the government to solve a SERIOUS health issue. It is all about will

to do what is necessary. If the government made the crime of burning a death penalty, and sent out roving patrols to mete out this penalty on the spot, the air of north Thailand would be crystal clear... Clearly this would be over the top, but I only use it to illustrate the point that the government needs to step up their game and do something. This issue is personal for me, as I have a daughter, and this horrific pollution is what drove me out of Chiang Mai.

OK I have to ask it.

Was your moniker eyes closed when you moved here.cheesy.gif

Try to understand you FEW posters when I reply to this post, I am not slagging Thai people-or Thailand-----here we go, Yinglucks name here said she was concerned---well The lady had been in office more than 6 months when we had the burning last March, had they nipped it in the bud then, stopped the torching--had she had time to work to her job description this year we would not have the torching again-----DUST INDEED,,,,,,,bleeding joke.

I don't think being in office has any thing to do with it. Did she not grow up here that would have made her aware of the problem, Also as she is acting mouthpiece for the man in Dubai she should know better After all he is from Chiang Mai and was PM for 5 years so the problem is not new to the clones.

They speak out now as it is a good thing to do in order to keep the red shirt hordes on there band wagon.

With the "PM warns governors to act on haze", a message from a year ago, I'm looking forward to the next news item:

PM concerned about the availability of political statements past their expiry date, urges Dept PM. Pol. Captain Chalerm to do something about it

• Like 1

1. Deep concern voiced in the press by the PM

2. Fact finding commission set up to find out the root causes of the problem

3. Incisive and hard hitting laws are passed to stop the burning

4. Teams of government officials range through the area, swiftly

and fairly imposing the law

Hahahaha just kidding.....

This is how our caddies, my mate and myself are looking while playing golf in Chiang Mai lately.

nice shot. your mate look great in pink.

at least something positive about the dust.

good light for photographers at the moment . no high contrast and harsh shadows from strong sunlight as usual. the dust turned the sky into a hugh softbox. in the hour close to sunset probably also some great colours.

I'm sure KY is genuine in her concerns about the air quality in CM.

She will probably show up at her hometown sometime during Songkran and having to wear a mask will play havoc with those photo ops.

isn't she cloned. what would stop them to make another specimen to be send to the more hazardous photo ops.

I'm sure KY is genuine in her concerns about the air quality in CM.

She will probably show up at her hometown sometime during Songkran and having to wear a mask will play havoc with those photo ops.

isn't she cloned. what would stop them to make another specimen to be send to the more hazardous photo ops.

No, she isn't cloned, she's the real deal.

She just isn't the real PM.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1