34Th Bangkok Internation Motorshow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW.. a bike show..where you can actually see the BIKES..rather than a gazillion gormless girls draped over them! *in shock!!!*

why would you assume the women are gormless, because they are attractive?

i would have thought you were not in favor of sweeping generalizations about women

Rightly so candypants. Im just going on my experience of bike shows, which granted hasnt been a lot yet. I have always been courteous to the girls, sometimes receiving nice behavior back, or having the weigh me up look or a nose tossed in the air. I havent had any indepth conversations with them, so maybe they indeed not gormless and shame on me! However, when i have asked simple questions, even if in Thai, i quite often have received blank looks or responses along the lines of "dont know" "not sure" or *giggIe*...

@robblok

WARNING

You have entered the bike forum, the world of stereotypes, pithy sayings and real men with real bikes (even if they sometimes sound like scooters)

;)

Could you two just PM each other?

On one side we have the self proclaimed cbr150 riding 'big man' and on the other hand we have the puritanical weight lifter. Sounds like one hell of a party but excuse me if I don't attend :)

• Like 2

@robblok

WARNING

You have entered the bike forum, the world of stereotypes, pithy sayings and real men with real bikes (even if they sometimes sound like scooters)

wink.png

On one side we have the self proclaimed cbr150 riding 'big man' and on the other hand we have the puritanical weight lifter. Sounds like one hell of a party but excuse me if I don't attend smile.png

q.e.d.

laugh.png

@robblok

WARNING

wink.png

On one side we have the self proclaimed cbr150 riding 'big man' and on the other hand we have the puritanical weight lifter. Sounds like one hell of a party but excuse me if I don't attend smile.png

q.e.d.

laugh.png

funny-bear-dancing-forest.jpg

More bike, prices and girls here: http://omega-racer.blogspot.com/2013/03/34th-bangkok-motor-show.html enjoyOn that Yamaha R1 800k THB cash or roughly $27,313 USDAs usual about double the USA MSRP $14,200 which of course in the USAis usually much higher than you need to pay OTD Pretty much exact same story for the Suzuki GSXR 1000 & probably the Honda tooTIT

Again pretty expensive prices for inline fours.

Besides, all i know most of japanese 1000cc supersports are made in japan and imports from japan has some tax incentive. So are these steep prices just bc of high greed levels of dealers here?

The Yamaha YZF-R1 is not made in Japan... or maybe they are made in Japan also, Yamaha believes more in multiple production locations...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

@robblok

WARNING

On one side we have the self proclaimed cbr150 riding 'big man' and on the other hand we have the puritanical weight lifter. Sounds like one hell of a party but excuse me if I don't attend

q.e.d.

Quick ejaculation disappoints?

• Like 2

The bike that really attracted my attention was that gun metal grey R1. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at the weekend if I get some spare time... And of course that 636...

Yeah that R1 is hot

I have not rode a R1 in many years & would love to try one today & see how

they have changed. When I had a CBR900RR my pal had the R1 & we would swap off & on during rides.

The early models were also killer fast but lacked a little in the handling & finish.IMHO

Now they have been refined for many years & had years of race feedback from their programs.

I bet they are a very nice ride.

I went yesterday. It was ok.

Not a bike, but did anyone see the new Rolls Royces?

Wow! what an awesome looking machine. A huge area just to display 3-4 cars. They even fenced it off; they don't want anyone touching these babies.

Aw cmon guys, a wee bit of male eye candy would be nice for us girls too tongue.png SOme suggestion: laugh.png

23121.jpg

I'd like to know how you obtained that picture of me?

..lets meet and ill tell you in person!.. :D

• Like 1

OH MY!! Thank you Richard!! wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

By the number of your posts to-date, 8,000+, you seem to have been in/interested in Thailand for a long time. By the troll posting to this thread you made, it's fair to assume you must be very unhappy in this country of no Political Correctness Police. Please don't start a Volunteer Police Force on the Bike Forum.

Evidently Startling Factoid: The sexy, nubile models arent hired for their bike knowledge... they're hired because men look at sexy, nubile women. Mostly men buy bikes. Shocker here: women look at men, but mostly don't buy anything but cheap scooters here, judging by who rides proper bikes here.

As adults, their thoughts are their own, good/bad/indifferent. Get over it, get therapy, start a whiny Thread on that subject (yawn) somewhere, but don't troll it around for bait on unrelated Bike Section Threads.

• Like 1

By the number of your posts to-date, 8,000+, you seem to have been in/interested in Thailand for a long time. By the troll posting to this thread you made, it's fair to assume you must be very unhappy in this country of no Political Correctness Police. Please don't start a Volunteer Police Force on the Bike Forum.

Evidently Startling Factoid: The sexy, nubile models arent hired for their bike knowledge... they're hired because men look at sexy, nubile women. Mostly men buy bikes. Shocker here: women look at men, but mostly don't buy anything but cheap scooters here, judging by who rides proper bikes here.

As adults, their thoughts are their own, good/bad/indifferent. Get over it, get therapy, start a whiny Thread on that subject (yawn) somewhere, but don't troll it around for bait on unrelated Bike Section Threads.

If you look at the small group of foreigners in this country, yes you're right by saying that women don't buy big bikes, cars, stereo sets and big TV's. But if you look who controls the money in a typical Thai family you would understand that more and more companies start targeting women with there advertising campaigns.

Men maybe select the product they want to buy but the final approval is often in the hands of the mother in the family... as she controls the family budget....

• Like 1

If you look at the small group of foreigners in this country, yes you're right by saying that women don't buy big bikes, cars, stereo sets and big TV's. But if you look who controls the money in a typical Thai family you would understand that more and more companies start targeting women with there advertising campaigns.

Men maybe select the product they want to buy but the final approval is often in the hands of the mother in the family... as she controls the family budget....

I'm aware of that leadership role that Thai women play in truly leading the traditional family & community, and really like them for that strength, while they never lose their femininity & sexiness - and comfort therewith. It's not either/or, no battleground of the sexes like in the West. Very refreshing, indeed.

So it's with no small irony, then, that many expat men come here with an Olde School Western paternalistic approach that gets uhhh 'readjusted' by that Thai Buzzsaw they call a wife or GF. It's also hilarious that women back in the West assume men marry Thais because they're controllable lil women. Its that leadership role in community & family that makes Thailand have a larger percentage of women CEOs than many 'more developed' countries.

So, yours is a good point indeed, that women have the power of the family purse, and motorcycle manufacturers should heed local cultures & customs in their marketing, and ignore them at their peril.

• Like 1

GOod grief you have a real bee in your bonnet. Could that chip possibly be any bigger? All i want (as a FEMININE female biker) is a little bite of the apple myself. tongue.png WOuld be nice to see something for us ladies too, sometimes get a bit fed up with just seeing girls fawning on bikes (ok i fawn on mine, but at least i can ride it!) Yes, i know, i was the one that brought it up, i was also enjoying the humor that came from it..so..seeing as it was a while back..and over with..can we PLEASE get back to bikes now..? ermm.gif

Edited by eek
  • Like 2

GOod grief you have a real bee in your bonnet. Could that chip possibly be any bigger? All i want (as a FEMININE female biker) is a little bite of the apple myself. :P WOuld be nice to see something for us ladies too, sometimes get a bit fed up with just seeing girls fawning on bikes (ok i fawn on mine, but at least i can ride it!) Yes, i know, i was the one that brought it up, i was also enjoying the humor that came from it..so..seeing as it was a while back..and over with..can we PLEASE get back to bikes now..? :ermm:

Good idea, there was an element of trolling in your posts which I was guilty of replying to but better to keep this stuff in another forum in future :)

I enjoy your posts on biking issues BTW, good to see the ladies enjoying the benefits of 2 wheels in Thailand...

• Like 1

GOod grief you have a real bee in your bonnet. Could that chip possibly be any bigger? All i want (as a FEMININE female biker) is a little bite of the apple myself. tongue.png WOuld be nice to see something for us ladies too, sometimes get a bit fed up with just seeing girls fawning on bikes (ok i fawn on mine, but at least i can ride it!) Yes, i know, i was the one that brought it up, i was also enjoying the humor that came from it..so..seeing as it was a while back..and over with..can we PLEASE get back to bikes now..? ermm.gif

Good idea, there was an element of trolling in your posts which I was guilty of replying to but better to keep this stuff in another forum in future smile.png

I enjoy your posts on biking issues BTW, good to see the ladies enjoying the benefits of 2 wheels in Thailand...

Good idea, there was an element of trolling in your posts which I was guilty of replying to but better to keep this stuff in another forum in future smile.png

well for sure its interesting to see bbradsby showing his hand..... Think Eek is right, a big chip on his shoulder.

Edited by pokerkid

Sorr to cut your gender studies kind of comments but finally made it to motorshow yesterday.

Same ol bikes. Bmw s1000 hp looks perfect man. Dream bike for 1 million baht as ducati paningale for 1.5 million is more even for dreams!

2013 new desing bmw r1200 gs was looking tough. Like that blue color.

And kawa 636 looks cool. Pity it does not make sense for them to bring it here as they told me that the price difference with a zx10r will be around 150 k if they import it to thailand.

And honda is bringing sh150 and retro honda cub to thailand. Honda cub if cheal might be a good replecament for my honda wave x!

And bikers products were looking good again. Especially thee parts they made for cbr100r is top notch. Surprised really.

And my love, moriwaki mx pipe for cbr500r. Have 15 percent discout on it now going for 33k only for motoshow but anyway, honda bigwing offered me 15 discount before if i buy it one day. Was about to buy yesterday but hold myself - hard though:lol: - as i want see what other pipe makers will do.

Good show but 90 percent cages and less aftermarket manufacturer were there.

And when they will bring some different bikes?

post-114750-13653143129857_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653143232676_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653143337996_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653143482842_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653143844477_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653144279943_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653144364518_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653144558882_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653144671951_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653144765933_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13653144912467_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1365314666573_thumb.jpg