Foreign And Thai Patrons Checked During Raid Of South Pattaya Discotheque

Rimmer

Foreign and Thai Patrons checked during raid of South Pattaya Discotheque

PATTAYA:--Just before 1.30am on Thursday, District Officials and civil defence volunteers led by the Chief of Banglamung District, Khun Sapchai, conducted a raid of the Mixx Discotheque at the Bali Hai Plaza in South Pattaya.

On this occasion both Thai and Foreign Patrons were targeted. Passports and Visa checks were made on the foreign patrons and urine tests were conducted on the Thai Patrons, of which 8 failed the test and were arrested by Pattaya Police who were also in attendance.

At the time over 300 patrons were inside the disco.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/80730/foreign-thai-patrons-checked-raid-south-pattaya-discotheque/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-28

I wonder what proportion of foreigners, resident or tourist, actually carry their passports (or a copy) with them?

I never do, unless I am going to immigration etc., nor have I ever been asked for it.

But I do always have my Thai driving licence which shows my passport number, name, address and date of birth on it.

I always carry a laminated copy of my passport, picture page on the front, extension stamp on the back, scaled down to credit card size - as well as my Thai DL. This has served me fine so far.

I forgot to get a new one when I updated my visa this year. They do that at the shop there at immigration. A very good investment, IMHO!!

..... suggesting that urine samples were not taken from Farangs ?

That's such an outrage. Once again, farang gets treated differently from Thais, oh the unbearable discrimination, oh the double standards. It's enough to make me think of leaving Thailand.

:P

I forgot to get a new one when I updated my visa this year. They do that at the shop there at immigration. A very good investment, IMHO!!

Walk a couple of hundred yards down to Beach Road and the shop there does the same laminated card for half the price, as it does with photocopies and photos. That's an even better investment!

Walk a couple of hundred yards down to Beach Road and the shop there does the same laminated card for half the price, as it does with photocopies and photos. That's an even better investment!

Depends on the weather and my schedule. For an extra buck, it's nice to be able to just do it there, hop in your car and get outta there!!!

But yes, the prices at that shop are not cheap.