Extending A Retirement Visa Is This Possible?

All extensions cost 1,900 baht. You can only get an extension for 1 year, to be exteded every year.

Required documents:

- 800,000 baht in the bank in Thailand for 2 months

OR

- showing a income of 65,000 baht a mont (can be from abroad, must be certified by your embassy)

OR

showing a combination of money in the bank and yearly income together totaling 800,000 baht.

Other than that you cna only get an extra 7 days, for again 1,900 baht.

What are you calling a retirement visa? There is the long stay O-A in single and multi entry which provides a new one year stay on each entry (if multi) for the one year it is valid - thus allowing use just before expiration for a new one year stay which can then be extended as above.

Or are you talking about non immigrant O visa? Which provides 90 day stay(s) which can be extended as above during the last 30 days of any entry.

Or do you have a one year extension for retirement from Immigration? That would be extended as above with financials - if no financials 7 days would be provided to leave.

• 4 weeks later...

I am on a NonImmigrant O visa, which I extend once a year every year. I am due to extend it again next week. I will be doing it myself at Chiang Mai Immigration and I would like to know what documents I require and what photocopies I require.

I will have:

1) Completed form tm-7 with photograph.

2) Letter from bank documenting at least THB800,000 in the account for 3 months.

3) Bank book

4) Passport

Is this list exhaustive?

How many photocopies of the tm7, bank book and passport do I need?

Do I need to copy all pages of the bank book, or just the title page (with my name and account number) plus transactions for the last three months?

(I will not have a medical certificate. I have not needed one in Chiang Mai in recent years.)

Thanks in advance for your help.