I Need Bigger Grips For My Honda Click

rideswings

I was blessed with XXL sized hands, and I can barely grasp the throttle on my Click without clenching a tight fist. I think they designed these small grips with women in mind.

Anyone know where I can get some larger grips bought and installed? At home there are a few mail order places like Kuryakyn that sell large foam grips for men with gorilla sized hands like mine. But Im looking for a shop in Chiang Mai.

Thanks.

Edited by rideswings

a chopper grip might not fit the Click's handle bar, their grip tends to be a pipe, and not close ended like choppers. But if you want you could try the various big bike shops, Ricco @ wua lai, Burning, etc.

What I did once, worked for a bit was to get tennis replacement grip (the one with the padding, not just tape). Took a bit to get the wrap on real neat. Works up to a point, plus I found that my hand slip less as well.

Edited by mic6ard

Thanks for the responses. I will follow-up about about the Phantom grips, but Im really interested in the tennis grip approach, especially since it will probably be non-slip. Can I just buy it at Big C, or will I need to go to a tennis shop? I know they have a tennis shop at 700 year stadium.

a chopper grip might not fit the Click's handle bar, their grip tends to be a pipe, and not close ended like choppers. But if you want you could try the various big bike shops, Ricco @ wua lai, Burning, etc.

What I did once, worked for a bit was to get tennis replacement grip (the one with the padding, not just tape). Took a bit to get the wrap on real neat. Works up to a point, plus I found that my hand slip less as well.

Thanks for the responses. I will follow-up about about the Phantom grips, but Im really interested in the tennis grip approach, especially since it will probably be non-slip. Can I just buy it at Big C, or will I need to go to a tennis shop? I know they have a tennis shop at 700 year stadium.

I use to play tennis, so I bought the ones I typically use, Wilson's. Took many attempts to get it just right. If you want a bit more texture/width, do the next layer with the opposite twist.

For me, it works best with using one side per tape. Typically go for the tennis store for better selection. Will see if I have a photo of the result.

I used to buy a Foam Grip that fitted over the standard grip and lasted for a couple of years.

If you go down Chang Moi (Moat to Warot,spelling, Market) there are two Motor Cycle accessory dealers on right hand side.

First is just before the road turns left and second is about 150 yds further on opposite a soi on left hand side.

Both had the foam grips, I preferred the second shop, staff/owners Where very friendly.

A small packet of 'Talcum' powder came with each set of grips to aid fitting.

Second shop also sell, sets of other type of grips, very cheap, which might suit you.

The sales man fitted such a set for me which, I bought for my Honda PCX.

john

Edited by jonwilly