Phuket Bike Week 2013 Is April 14-21

NomadJoe

Great!

(Anywhere to park my pickup?)

Despite several crackdowns and added signage, beach road parking in Patong remains nearly 100% taxi's, and cars and bikes for rent. Probably going to need to park under Jungcyclon then walk to the beach from there.

Edited by NomadJoe

Great!

(Anywhere to park my pickup?)

Despite several crackdowns and added signage, beach road parking in Patong remains nearly 100% taxi's, and cars and bikes for rent. Probably going to need to park under Jungcyclon then walk to the beach from there.

Yes, that's what I thought. I haven't been to Jungceylon for a while - do you get free parking for a time or can you still show a receipt for something bought to get free parking? I know a bit off-topic, but might help others who want to park more than 2 wheels. smile.png

Hope the event will be successful!. I don't ride, but I always found bikers good company.

At one point when I was still living in the Netherlands, I even employed almost a complete motorcycle gang. They were not willing to admit me as a prospect though. Got the wrong aura I guess, I am not gay but often people who just get to know me tend to think that I am.

• Like 1

Hope the event will be successful!. I don't ride, but I always found bikers good company.

At one point when I was still living in the Netherlands, I even employed almost a complete motorcycle gang. They were not willing to admit me as a prospect though. Got the wrong aura I guess, I am not gay but often people who just get to know me tend to think that I am.

Hey kees... I bet these bikers wouldn't be prejudiced by any 'aura'!!

post-30101-0-32510100-1364715177_thumb.j

• Like 1

First 30 minutes free, 2 hours free is you produce a receipt for that day valued at least 100 baht. Never been in the car park longer that 2 hours so i don't know what happens after that.

Only two hours with a receipt? That's about 1/2 hour getting there, 1/2 hour getting back and 1 hour wandering around. Maybe I'll have to Google the parking rates!

First 30 minutes free, 2 hours free is you produce a receipt for that day valued at least 100 baht. Never been in the car park longer that 2 hours so i don't know what happens after that.

10 baht /hour

BUT the lot closes at 10 pm so make sure u get ur car out of there,

beside that park back near the expat hotel for 50 baht for ur car

10 baht /hour

BUT the lot closes at 10 pm so make sure u get ur car out of there,

beside that park back near the expat hotel for 50 baht for ur car

Have you had your car locked in overnight? I was always able to drive out at any hour. The last movie lets out between 1 and 2am. Never been a problem for me.