Holiday Pay Question

I see a lot of positions that supposedly pay for two or three months holiday time off. How is that paid? Do they continue paying you your "regular" salary during those off months just as if you were working regularly? Do they pay in cash so you have to be present to get the money or do they direct deposit to your bank? Do they pay out a lump sum before or after the holiday if you return to work? Any real stories would be appreciated.

Thanks

I had a 12 month contract and was paid for the holiday time in the normal manner on the last day of the month. If you are paid in cash you have to pick it up, if they are open, or make other arrangements ahead of time. I used direct deposit and the money was always deposited on ti,e, the last day of the month. I don't think that you can get the money in advance.

Where I work, most people get cash (I believe they will direct deposit into one bank). If you leave a written and approved letter with the school, they will give the money to another person to deposit in your account.

Other schools direct deposit if that is how your pay is generally handled or cash if that is how you get it on a regular basis.

• Like 1

I get direct deposit on the last working day of every month, whether I am physically there or not.

Although I get almost 2 months vacation, it's broken up, so I'm never away from school for more than 3 weeks at a time: 3 weeks in summer, 2 to 3 weeks in October and 1.5 to 2 weeks for Xmas - New Year. Many of the schools which give longer vacations are the same.

Where I work, most people get cash (I believe they will direct deposit into one bank). If you leave a written and approved letter with the school, they will give the money to another person to deposit in your account.

Other schools direct deposit if that is how your pay is generally handled or cash if that is how you get it on a regular basis.

And many guys won't have a job anymore soon, without even knowing it right now, holding a contract...-wai2.gif

And many guys won't have a job anymore soon, without even knowing it right now, holding a contract...-wai2.gif

Thats a little harsh to write Sirchai. I'm not saying it's not true but still..........

I get direct deposit on the last working day of every month, whether I am physically there or not.

Although I get almost 2 months vacation, it's broken up, so I'm never away from school for more than 3 weeks at a time: 3 weeks in summer, 2 to 3 weeks in October and 1.5 to 2 weeks for Xmas - New Year. Many of the schools which give longer vacations are the same.

That makes sense. Thanks