Private Parking - Not.

GuestHouse

The practice of placing cones/chairs/old tires/boxes/bits of wood or numerous other kinds of crap by the street curb to prevent other people parking in what is actually a public space has gone from being an occasional practice to common place.

Driving around Sriracha centre this morning there where virtually no cars parked on the street, but every parking space has been 'reserved' with a lump of household junk.

Surely a chance for the BiB to dish out some spot fines on people littering the roads?!

I totally agree that this practice has got out of hand, that said I would be reluctant to park in one of these "reserved spaces" in the sure knowledge that my car would be damaged on my return.

I cannot see the police ever cracking down on this.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

I actually thought the police fully supported this - the owner has a share in the control and property rights over the sidewalk and parking spot directly in front of their shop.

My neighbor shouts the house to Moo Katat every once in a while to express gratitude for my allowing him to park half-way in front of my house's entrance - he's got a big SUV.

And out in the market, the shops have a stake in the streetsellers that use the sidewalk out in front, of course shared with the police collecting the "rent".

I thought that's how things worked here? "The general public" doesn't actually have any stake in this, ultimately all the land rights devolve from the King right?

Guesthouse, you have been around the the traps here, you know darn well the BiB couldn't care less, in fact there are far worse things the legalised mafia ignore. It's called suck it up yet again and again and again.